IGNORED

Ryan Bertrand

Pedrowe

Bertrand is a "modern" full back. In other words he is great going forward but not so good defensively. He can runner up in our player of the season award and I was only beaten by the excellent Gylfi Sigurdsson. He fully deserved being runner up. If you get him it will be a cracking signing for you.

blimey evil post !!!!! ...... your not 3 or 4 weeks late with a story for a change.... very impressive

But on a serious note, I remember when we were playing Norwich in i think what was our playoff final season (must of been just 17), Bertrand stood out making many runs along the Dolman and producing some dangerous crosses. If he can do the same like he did that day then i feel we could have another gem, whether it be a signing or loan. But i feel the fact he is still 20 and with so much potential, it's most likely a loan deal.

like to hear from Reading fans as well as norwich, even mr i'm jealous that you have coppell (wycombe royal)

like to hear from Reading fans as well as norwich, even mr i'm jealous that you have coppell (wycombe royal)

Already replied. As for being jealous about Coppell,not at all, he left us one season later than he should have done and is great to see him back in football with another ambitious club.

Funny enough I was filling my car up at the services when out from his 4x4 was Ryan Bertrand :winner_third_h4h:

On a seriuos note this would be a great signing even if its a season long loan, Chelsea rate him very highly and a future "Ashley Cole". Pacey full backs that can tackle is a must these days.

Funny enough I was filling my car up at the services when out from his 4x4 was Ryan Bertrand :winner_third_h4h:

On a seriuos note this would be a great signing even if its a season long loan, Chelsea rate him very highly and a future "Ashley Cole". Pacey full backs that can tackle is a must these days.

did you manage to get a picture taken? and if so are you going to post it?

joking apart, hopefully this one is true

Yeah, my aunt's brother's next door neighbours wife saw him in a layby on the A38 chatting to some ginger fella. She said they looked quite animated with arms flailing all over the place and a red scarf being picked up by Bertrand.

She went on to say that she then saw this fat ugly bloke pull up in a 1970's rust bucket with its exhaust hanging off, he jumped out and was trying to take photos of them, then Ginger turned on him, grabbed the camera and threw it over the hedge. last she saw of fat bloke was him bending over in some field looking for it while his heap of crap rolled down the road and hit a lamp post.

Amazing if true heh?

WTF ? Never thought I'd see those words together...Evil Post EXCLUSIVE!

Is it an exclusive though? Or just an educated guess?

Bertrand started Chelsea's last friendly so even if Ashley Cole stays I think there is a fair chance that he'll be in their squad this season.

The Evening Post has also known absolutely nothing about either of our two signings so far until they actually happened, one of which was in a Reading paper two days before.

I'd be willing to bet very good money that a couple of players arrive before the season's start and the first thing the Post knows about it is that they've signed........

Bertrand started Chelsea's last friendly so even if Ashley Cole stays I think there is a fair chance that he'll be in their squad this season.

The Evening Post has also known absolutely nothing about either of our two signings so far until they actually happened, one of which was in a Reading paper two days before.

I'd be willing to bet very good money that a couple of players arrive before the season's start and the first thing the Post knows about it is that they've signed........

Agreed.

This sounds like a case of 2+2 = 5, to me.

Coppell has said we need a left sided player and with no talk of anyone in the pipeline, i would guess they have just looked at a name that has been out on loan to clubs at out level in the recent past.

I hope there is something in it, he seems like the quality that we would love to add to our squad, however i will not be holding my breath just yet if it's only source is the EP!

:englandsmile4wf:

The last decent hack the EP had was Peter Godsiff, he always seemed to have the inside track on signings.

I would have said Latham, but I've gone off him big time. For some reason he appears to be really anti City (Pasty Independant) and down beat. I get the impression he's bitter and twisted for some reason, I don't know why (any clues)?

After the way the EP treated GJ and SL publically stating he was unhappy with them twisting the knife when GJ left, I wonder if City even bother with them anymore?

Although their support of the stadium was commended by SL

EP support of the stadium and Sainsbury's planning app today is outstanding - credit where it is due. They are backing BCFC 100% right now!

No photo but did get his autograph, he was kind enough to sign my 1995 edition A-Z of Bristol that I showed him after he asked me were Winterstoke road was. I'll scan it and upload it later when I find my USB cable for my printer !!

Tbh this rumour came out of Sweden with a few other names so could happen. I hope it does he's a quality player.

What other names were mentioned mucker and I agree, Quality player who would definatley add something to the squad.

Archived