IGNORED

Please Mr C And Mr L

leylandsroad

We all know this squad of players is not anywhere near good enough to go up.

We need a keeper, left back, wide right and a centre forward.

The wage bill has been reduced with lots of players leaving and the new season is less than three weeks away.

Please god let their be some decent signings asap. I know it's a friendly but I expected Torquay to beat us tonight Akinde & Clarkson are just not up to the job, and once again it's Maynard or no one.

The wage bill has been reduced with lots of players leaving and the new season is less than three weeks away.

Please god let their be some decent signings asap. I know it's a friendly but I expected Torquay to beat us tonight Akinde & Clarkson are just not up to the job, and once again it's Maynard or no one.

PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yep, looks like we are going down.

get a grip man .........

<br />We all know this squad of players is not anywhere near good enough to go up.<br /><br />We need a keeper, left back, wide right and a centre forward.<br /><br />The wage bill has been reduced with lots of players leaving and the new season is less than three weeks away.<br /><br />Please god let their be some decent signings asap. I know it's a friendly but I expected Torquay to beat us tonight Akinde &amp; Clarkson are just not up to the job, and once again it's Maynard or no one.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Calm down dear - it was only a friendly.....

<br />We all know this squad of players is not anywhere near good enough to go up.<br /><br />We need a keeper, left back, wide right and a centre forward.<br /><br />The wage bill has been reduced with lots of players leaving and the new season is less than three weeks away.<br /><br />Please god let their be some decent signings asap. I know it's a friendly but I expected Torquay to beat us tonight Akinde &amp; Clarkson are just not up to the job, and once again it's Maynard or no one.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I feel your frustration but this is Bristol City mate. We do now and again spend a few quid on a player i.e Maynard but it is rare. We will never be a big spending club, even if we do reach the Premier League. We'll just have to get used to this, I have. I'm not sure how rich say the Forest chairman is but at least he's not afraid to give it ago, but it hasn't got them up just yet. SL is not like that. He is a fan but that comes second to being a businessman I'm afraid. We will always have a club with SL in charge, but he will NEVER spend any BIG MONEY on players. The most frustrating thing is the way we waste money and say spend £800,000 then say £500,000 on 2 players who don't really set the world alight, when we could have bought 1 quality player for £1.3 Million that hopefully would. People say that we find it hard to attract players, but what do you expect if we're not willing to pay them a decent wage. Quality costs I'm afraid enough said.

If you look at recent losses I think we need quite a few more off the wage bill. We have spent quite a bit of money over the past couple of seasons, and it's not brought us much success. Maybe we need to look at building a side properly, using a mix of Academy products, bargain buys, Bosmans, with the odd fee paid for 'the right player'. The Stadium decision might also have an impact on SL's willingness to keep throwing money at City.

Guest Ciderman10

You couldnt of posted this at a worser time, the club has just lost out on saling the current ashton gate land to sainsburys which would of funded the new stadium deal, and now your asking of SL to put his hand further into his pocket, knowing that hes now going to be set back an awful lot of money inorder to save this Ashton Vale project? expect less now that the food store plan had been rejected, theres only so much money the poor guys has, hes not only trying to move us forward but hes trying to live withing his mean and run a successful business.

Reading lost 2-1 to Farnborough Town and Dorchester Town in their pre-season prior to the 2005/2006 season... (http://www.royals.org/fixtures0506.html)

They then went onto win the league with 106pts and scored over 100 goals in doing so. I am not saying that City will emulate such success, but let's please have some perspective! Our club is in good hands, so don’t panic!

You couldnt of posted this at a worser time, the club has just lost out on saling the current ashton gate land to sainsburys which would of funded the new stadium deal, and now your asking of SL to put his hand further into his pocket, knowing that hes now going to be set back an awful lot of money inorder to save this Ashton Vale project? expect less now that the food store plan had been rejected, theres only so much money the poor guys has, hes not only trying to move us forward but hes trying to live withing his mean and run a successful business.

Tonights council decision is going to be overruled by court and the losing party (the council) need to carry the opposite partys expenses I understand.

Guest oftbc

Whats the panicing for? As I see it Steve watched a lot of DVD's of us from last season. He then wanted to look at the players closer on tour. He has now done this and has now formed an opinion on the players and will now know are strengths and weaknesses. He then has to identify targets within our budget and set out to get them which is another lengthly process. Signings in pre season during GJ's reign here wasn't any quicker but this season we are just going to have to be a little more patient due to SC having to acess the squad. I would rather he took his time and got it right rather than rush and mess it up.

Archived