IGNORED

Evening Post

SC_Red

I know not many of us buy it anyway but after that rag gave George Ferguson a platform to spout his shit instead of supporting the club and it's attempt to get world cup football in Bristol I hope no City fans will ever buy this bog roll again.

I know not many of us buy it anyway but after that rag gave George Ferguson a platform to spout his shit instead of supporting the club and it's attempt to get world cup football in Bristol I hope no City fans will ever buy this bog roll again.

agreed, i live in Swindon at the mo so i dont get that shit near me.

I never buy it anyway, I always look on t'internet and to be fair they have supported us a fair bit. I hope Ferguson is given his marching orders from the rag regardless.

they supported the world cup bid but I dont remember them supporting much else to actually give the city facilities to play the games in. Might be wrong tho.

The Evening Post really cannot do any more than it is to support the stadium. They have been so vociferously behind the stadium and the Sainsbury's application that I am sure that they must have lost many readers in Southville. Although they gave a voice to Ferguson it would have been a screaming outrage if they had withdrawn his column simply because they did not agree with his self-interested views. I know that in the past the EP has made poor and biased journalistic comments against us but over the past couple of years my view has changed entirely. For the first time in a long time I'm proud to admit that I still get it delivered and I'd like to thank the paper for its outstanding support.

The Evening Post really cannot do any more than it is to support the stadium. They have been so vociferously behind the stadium and the Sainsbury's application that I am sure that they must have lost many readers in Southville. Although they gave a voice to Ferguson it would have been a screaming outrage if they had withdrawn his column simply because they did not agree with his self-interested views. I know that in the past the EP has made poor and biased journalistic comments against us but over the past couple of years my view has changed entirely. For the first time in a long time I'm proud to admit that I still get it delivered and I'd like to thank the paper for its outstanding support.

Explain.

Because a newspaper should reflect the views of its diverse readership even if readers don't always agree with the views stated. Otherwise it simply becomes propaganda.

you said his views are self interested so are therefore biased. Thats propaganda.

you said his views are self interested so are therefore biased. Thats propaganda.

I don't think it really matters what the motives are, I think it's right that the paper did not censor a dissenting voice when their own editorial voice is as strongly pro-stadium as you could possibly get.

I don't think it really matters what the motives are, I think it's right that the paper did not censor a dissenting voice when their own editorial voice is as strongly pro-stadium as you could possibly get.

I do. Its abusing his position.

It might be propaganda but isn't that what having an opinion and a column in a paper all about? its all self promotive cr*p and at the end of the day I think the Evil post have got the balance right for once. That's not to say I don't like it but if they had removed his column surly this would have screamed unfair bias towards the stadium and taken away there ethical right to comment on the matter.

With the EPs track record of "campaigns", I almost saw this coming

Any cause they take up seriously is doomed to failure (let's hope this eventually proves the exception).

I am thinking "save Cadbury's at Keynsham", The Bristol Arena, the light transit system (tram/metro), Girlband on X-Factor, keeping "Casualty" in Bristol, not to mention Emily from Downend - that's the girl who, a week after they pledge their support as the first Bristolian on Big Brother, was booted out for racial abuse!

And the woman who complained about South Glos Council not doing enough in terms of disabled adaptations to her house and drive as she was wheelchair bound, only to be photographed by her neighbours walking her dog and breakdancing!

Not to mention the woman who complained that a driver threw her off the bus for breast-feeding - one day they were going to demand an apology from First and have the driver sacked, the next day they sheepishly ran a story saying she made it all up!!

So that's just a few unlucky losers that the EP have got behind (and a pretty good cross section of life I would say) :rofl2br:

Any more?

Archived