IGNORED

Is This Libelous?

Zip Nolan

Taken from Clare's website. 'Hopefully the Club will soon start to focus on doing so, rather than trying to stir up hatred against Councillors for doing their job.' As far as i'm aware the Club have acted with dignity whilst Councillors have 'done their job on South Bristol.'

'Hopefully the Club will soon start to focus on doing so, rather than trying to stir up hatred against Councillors for doing their job.

Where have the club acted in any way to stir up hatred against councillors?

I see a lot of people rightly ticked off, by the actions of a few councillors who are holding this city back. I also see a lot of people rightly annoyed that a certain councillor who chaired the meeting on Wednesday ,has links with one of the most vocal opponents against the redevelopment of Ashton Gate by Sainsburys.

When councillors start spouting nonsense such as the stadium looking like a brothel, or the sainsbury car park could be used by terrorists, isn't it any wonder, that the public that they serve, are hacked off with them. Especially as the decision they reached flies directly in the face of what their planners recommended.

I just hope there is an appeal by Sainsbury, so this ludicrous decision goes before a public enquiry. Let the facts speak for themselves, rather than spin and deflect the attention away from yourself Mr Rayner.

The 'stirring up hatred by the Club against Councillors' remark has now disappeared off Mr Rayners website. If the Club don't take libel action, Lets hope they insist the young man makes a full and public apology, front page of the Evening Post will do.

Taken from Clare's website. 'Hopefully the Club will soon start to focus on doing so, rather than trying to stir up hatred against Councillors for doing their job.' As far as i'm aware the Club have acted with dignity whilst Councillors have 'done their job on South Bristol.'

To answer your question ZN...oh! certainly. Accusing an organization of stirring up hatred toward politicians is probably about as liablous as it gets if not true.

In this case as the club has not said anything and has asked supporters to not enflame the situation it would seem despite Mr. Rayner taking the statement down (almost certainly after a call from the council's chief legal officer) at this stage have limited merit.

Mr. Rayners actions have inflamed the people of Bristol, particularly those who count themselves as supporters of Bristol City FC and he is reaping that particular 'benefit', the club on the other hand have conducted themselves with appropriate decorum.

Monday is going to be great fun as everybody squirms from the Mayor through the LibDems right down to Mr. Rayners cohorts and friends employers and would be beneficiaries,,,,Nice!

It certainly is hence why it's disappeared. preacher.gif

You can add to your personal statement screen - And potentially stopped all of the region's youngsters from watching live World Cup football in Bristol for the first time ever? I hope you are proud of yourself mate...gasmask.gif

Archived