IGNORED

Really Bad Week

foghornred

:city: What a bad week for Bristol City this week has been,first it was the council who voted against Ashton gate becoming a Sainsburys then we lose two friendlies to weaker opposition and now Coppell says that Hartley & Orr are on their way out of the club.

I don't think that I have witnessed a worse week in a long while,lets hope that the season gets better.:pray:

Let me take you back to March 16th 2010. The venue is Home Park, the time is 9.50pm and we've just conceded a hideous late goal to go down 3-2 to fellow strugglers Plymouth Argyle.

Somewhere deep inside the stadium in the away dressing the first team squad is (allegedly) in heated argument with then manager Gary Johnson.

Now THAT was a dark night - and the days that followed it looked pretty hideous as we lurched towards potential relegation.

Right now the sun is shining, we are joint top of the Championship ( :innocent06: ) and have a new manager at the helm who has the best possible credentials to take us forward. The stadium stuff will sort itself out in the long run (especially now Dolly is mobilising the fanbase to march for victory!).

Keep the faith

Pre season friendlies arn`t neccessarily about the results, in fact, i`m struggling to remember the last time we had a great run of pre season results. The important result is the one on the 7th Aug. Chill, keep up to date with the squad news, watch out for certain BCC councillors scurrying for cover and enjoy whats left of the summer, i`m sure there will be plenty of ups and downs in the coming season to keep all us misery guts happy !!

PDG

:city: What a bad week for Bristol City this week has been,first it was the council who voted against Ashton gate becoming a Sainsburys then we lose two friendlies to weaker opposition and now Coppell says that Hartley & Orr are on their way out of the club.

I don't think that I have witnessed a worse week in a long while,lets hope that the season gets better.:pray:

I personally think it's quite good we're not performing in pre-season friendlies as it highlights where we're most vulnerable.

It's gonna take quite a time for Steve Coppell to get the players playing in the manner and style he wants them to, afterall the last 3 and half seasons, Gary Johnson has been hammering into them a particular style of play that they shouldn't digress from, and now they're being asked to perform a different way.

A lot of these players won't be able to handle the Coppel philosphy and we'll see them moved on, but until such a time, we're gonna have to put up with inconsistent performances.

I personally think it's quite good we're not performing in pre-season friendlies as it highlights where we're most vulnerable.

It's gonna take quite a time for Steve Coppell to get the players playing in the manner and style he wants them to, afterall the last 3 and half seasons, Gary Johnson has been hammering into them a particular style of play that they shouldn't digress from, and now they're being asked to perform a different way.

A lot of these players won't be able to handle the Coppel philosphy and we'll see them moved on, but until such a time, we're gonna have to put up with inconsistent performances.

This is far too sensible a post to feature on this forum at the moment.

Nothing wrong with a clearout. Hartley didn't want to be here, nor does Brad (who has amply demonstrated his limitations on and off the field for all on here).

I have a feeling Louis' days may be numbered too.

The key is who we get in and how soon.

I know money may not be the only reason why not...but....how about Jimmy Bullard ? Maybe a season-long loan ?

We have played Helsingborg, Torqay, Aldershot and not scored once. Eight scorses in the wrong goal. Offcause im a littled worried. NM and DH is injured the defence is not ok. Orr is gone but that i think Mr Coppell known awhile. Can we have a good squad at 7 august? And then we got Donny away. Hope we get some new signings but i think its a litlle small of time to have the team well organized. Hope im wrong. Thoughts?

We have played Helsingborg, Torqay, Aldershot and not scored once. Eight scorses in the wrong goal. Offcause im a littled worried. NM and DH is injured the defence is not ok. Orr is gone but that i think Mr Coppell known awhile. Can we have a good squad at 7 august? And then we got Donny away. Hope we get some new signings but i think its a litlle small of time to have the team well organized. Hope im wrong. Thoughts?

Less than two weeks to go so everything won't be 100 percent til the Millwall game. A couple of signings next week and it should be ok though.

Nothing wrong with a clearout. Hartley didn't want to be here, nor does Brad (who has amply demonstrated his limitations on and off the field for all on here).

I know money may not be the only reason why not...but....how about Jimmy Bullard ? Maybe a season-long loan ?

He is on £40k a week isn't he? No chance. Even on loan we'd have to pay the majority of that. He's injury prone as well. Genuinely nice guy, but no thanks. Anyway, our immediate priorities should be to sign up a fullback with Bradders going and Ribs injured, a competent CB and maybe another striker. Oh, and then a naturally left-footed player and creative midfielder. Oh dear, we probably do need 3-5 signings before the season starts! Plenty of time left though, so let's not panic. :)

i dont rate Jimmy Bullard at all. he has the odd good game but most of the time hes just a regular striker in my eyes.

Archived