IGNORED

Promotion, Play Offs Etc

bringbacktherobin

After the fluke season we had with Johnson, it was a fluke, nearly every divsion has a team that goes up and does above what is expected people have thought we must be a top 6 side.

Yes top six would be nice, but are we really a top six side? If we had not had the season under johnson we would had been happy just to have stayed up, let alone reach the play off final.

I think this season is going to be a long hard season, people will start getting on coppells back if we are not around the top six at christmas.

Yes, promotion would be good for the club, why is everyone in such a rush to get there? It was only a few years ago that we thought we would never get out of the 3rd tier of english football.

I'll be happy with mid table as long as there are signs of progress The usual suspects will complain around October time if we're not top six. We've got a new guy at the helm with new ideas and what will be a new team. Patience will be order of the day. Hopefully it will pay off.

I would be very disappointed if we didn't finish just above our 10th place as we safely did that with a tactically clueless manager & many on & off field problems.

The only trouble is that we are starting afresh now, with new ideas and probably a lot of new players (hopefully) but we should still be good enough to reach last seasons finish even with all that happening.....if SC is the manager we all hope he is.

The one thing that worries me though is that teams are strengthening, especially the ones that you would say are around our level, while we are dragging our heels becasue of the prolonged managerial takeover.

I hope that HUGE delay doesn't cost us our championship status.

BCAGFC

After the fluke season we had with Johnson, it was a fluke, nearly every divsion has a team that goes up and does above what is expected people have thought we must be a top 6 side.

Yes top six would be nice, but are we really a top six side? If we had not had the season under johnson we would had been happy just to have stayed up, let alone reach the play off final.

I think this season is going to be a long hard season, people will start getting on coppells back if we are not around the top six at christmas.

Yes, promotion would be good for the club, why is everyone in such a rush to get there? It was only a few years ago that we thought we would never get out of the 3rd tier of english football.

It's not often we agree on things BBTR, but I couldn't agree more with you this time round.

The first season wasn't a fluke as such, it was just that nobody knew how to play us. The second season we were 'found out' and left wanting, to the point we are today where we are now a Championship side who often struggles.

This season is a new era for us under new managment and a string of player changes. So for me this season will be much more than just getting pts each game. I am going with the hope (and expectation) of seeing a side that will gel and be strong in all areas. A side that will be able to take us to the Prem' in a season or 2's time. Before we go up we need the strength, pace and adaptability to perform under ALL situations... which is something we have struggled with.

I'll be happy with a top half finish, providing we become that strong team. I will not be happy if it's scrapping lucky pts via poor performances.

I have high hopes though, and never more have I gone into a season with more optimism. :)

Archived