IGNORED

Louder Voice And Stronger Presence

Milo

Closer to the players? What the ones that are on photos on the wall? How, none of the players attend the supporters club (Scott Goldbourne used too as his family was members), the player of the year got took over by the trust then the club.

I find it funny how there are all these comment by people that arnt members, comments that are not true in the slightest.

I dont know a single member myself who thinks they are more "Bristol city" than the rest of you "Mere Mortals". Its rubbish like that which gives it a bad name, comments which are not true in the slightest.

think the word your looking for is merged. ;)

Closer to the players? What the ones that are on photos on the wall? How, none of the players attend the supporters club (Scott Goldbourne used too as his family was members), the player of the year got took over by the trust then the club.

I find it funny how there are all these comment by people that arnt members, comments that are not true in the slightest.

I dont know a single member myself who thinks they are more "Bristol city" than the rest of you "Mere Mortals". Its rubbish like that which gives it a bad name, comments which are not true in the slightest.

Since my dad started taking me in there when i was younger, i found it to be a nice place to go after the game to let the traffic die down, with people that are easy to chat to and get on with.

Last year i went once, still happily paid my membership, the same for this year even though i doubt i will be using it.

to be fair mate, it doesnt help when an ex chairman comes on here spreading dirt he says he heard in the supporters club. Only takes a few like that to give us a bad name and he was high profile and caused a lot of damage to it's reputation.

plus Ian Gay going on the radio with the same rumours and starting "I was in the supporters club today".

to be fair mate, it doesnt help when an ex chairman comes on here spreading dirt he says he heard in the supporters club. Only takes a few like that to give us a bad name and he was high profile and caused a lot of damage to it's reputation.

plus Ian Gay going on the radio with the same rumours and starting "I was in the supporters club today".

Yes i understand rubbish like that doesnt help, but bad apples and all of that.

Any different that going in the pub and starting rumours though?

Since my dad started taking me in there when i was younger, i found it to be a nice place to go after the game to let the traffic die down, with people that are easy to chat to and get on with.

Last year i went once, still happily paid my membership, the same for this year even though i doubt i will be using it.

I have no doubt there are some people, (probably even a majority) that view the club that way and no doubt that you are in that group. In the 40 odd years I have been supporting the club I have met some nice people who are club members as well. I still stand by my opinion that there are certain members that try to use the club and it's position to their own purposes. I and others no doubt, have witnessed this on this very forum, especially in the last 4 years or so where an apparent personal vendetta was waged against our most successful manager in recent memory. To the point that the joy of his finally leaving, was only matched by the smug insinuations that somehow they had a hand in the decision.

• Admin

If it goes out by direct debit

Red membership = £1 a month

Silver membership =£2.50 a month

Gold membership = £5.00 a month

OK. so as a Gold member, am I right in saying I can apply for the SC equivilent for no extra charge ?

Was looking at the access to the SC bar essentially ?

OK. so as a Gold member, am I right in saying I can apply for the SC equivilent for no extra charge ?

Was looking at the access to the SC bar essentially ?

Yep. If you send two passport sized photos addressed to the Supporters Club they will check with the Trust membership secretary that your membership is valid and then issue the card (or let you know that it is ready to collect at the SC entrance).

I would say these 2 alone ruined the reputation of the SC. I have no memory of what the SC was like before these 2 became such celebrities spouting poisonous rhetoric that they state they heard in the SC but it gave the image of what I now believe the SC to be all about. I will agree that this is slightly unfair but it is the image I was presented with.

Archived