IGNORED

Today's Racing Post

TimmerD

Ok, I couldn't find a version of this on the web, so I am going to type out the relevant bits from the article which are quite interesting:

"8-11 City set to cast aside their chokers tag

Bristol City have been known to get a bit jittery in the latter part of the season, but they should finally get it right when hartlepool visit Ashton Gate.

The game is evenly poised at 1-1 after a pretty average first contest, yet now is the time for City to show their class.

DW's side will be frustrated at letting a lead slip, when usually reliable Steve Phillips blundered.

City fans could also be forgiven for thinking "here we go again" as the Robins are notorious for shooting themselves in the foot when the pressure gets cranked up.

However, the bottlers tag which has hung around City's neck for a good few years now cannot be applied to this team. The Robins lost just once in their final 7 games, but were pipped to auto promo by a very useful QPR outfit.

Their record at AG this season is superb, with only two defeats. City did not lose to any side in the top 6 of Div 2 home or away in the league and were the only team to do the double over champions Plymouth.

In fact, City kept free-scoring Plymouth (85 goals) to consecutive blanks in their league clashes and Pool could have trouble breaking down Wilson's impressive back 4.

The change from 5 defenders to 4 by the gaffer earlier in the campaign has helped City to become more of an attacking force.

Too often the robins neat-and-tidy football would have no end product, enabling sides to sit back and nick draws like Hartlepool managed in August. Now, though, there is more thrust with Rougier down the right joining Peacock and Roberts in attack.

Hartlepool have the best away record in the section, although a fact which could be rather telling was their poor record when travelling to the best teams in Div 2.

The Monkey Hangers did not beat any of the top 6 away from home, losing to Ply, QPR and Brighton in the process, and it is clear they struggle when pitted against the better sides.

Don't go throwing away your betting slip if you followed Sport's Betting's earlier advice on Friday to back the Monkey hangers for play off glory, but they could be made to pay for not taking a first leg lead.

Neale cooper's side have done fantastic to get this far, but celebrity fan Jeff Stelling could be crying at full time."

Hope you enjoyed it as in the end I practically typed out the whole article!!! Apologies in advance for any typos.

And yes I am very busy at work :ph34r:

Archived