IGNORED

Murray Must Play (still)

DANNYS DEMON

Despite all negatives from yesterdays post, fact still remains Murray must play. Reading between lines of the wise ones comments on main site it looks like both Murray and Rougier will play, I hope so. He has got it wrong so many times in the last four years could it be he finally is brave enough to make the attacking decision which will blast us into the final.

All the idiots saying Murray isnt the player he was calling him lazy, not interested and not fit you should be ashamed of yourself. How much has he played since his return? I just hope both he and Leroy get to show what they can do tonight.

Everything is down to the wise Northern shortman, pick the right team and I believe we will win well. Pick a similar team to Saturday and penalties will be looming.

Guest Royal4ever

I think you need to play Tinnion and Murray together because Tinnion is a player who can play that ball behind the left back with his eyes closed (and accurately). The reason we didn't see the best of Murray here is because we didn't have a player who could play that ball!

Guest Royal4ever

You could always do what we did once, we had Rougier and Forster switching flanks to support Butler the lone central striker, it worked really well but I think Rouge got injured for a while and then so did Forster which was devastating (so we went and got Cureton in the summer to partner Butler directly). I mean what you could do is just have Rougier and Murray switching wings, so they both get to play right and left. :ph34r:

I would also like to see Murray and Rougier start on opposite wings with Tinman and Doc central.

I can't see DW dropping Peacock so it looks like him and Roberts up front again.

Personally, I would like to see the club's best header of the ball, Miller, up front with either Roberts or Lita.

I think DW tends to go for safe, defensive teams, even at home. But if a game was crying out for a positive attacking side, it's tonights.

We have to go all out, nothing to lose. We can't afford to sit on the odd goal - this is a game where we desperately need to score more than one. We need to commit more midfield players forward when we attack, leaving the Doc as a holding player.

Too often this season, even at home, we have attacked, and only had 1 or 2 in the box when the cross comes over.

Come on, Danny. Pick a positive, attacking team.

Guest Royal4ever

Rouge was a handful up front, not a natural goalscorer, he's the type of player you'd love to play alongside up front because he unsettles defenders. He sometimes played just behind the strikers to cause problems for the opposition, they wouldn't know wether to have a defender go forward and close him down or have a midfielder keep tracking back to mark him. When all is said and done, Rouge was just a bloody handful, sounds like he still is.

Archived