IGNORED

Attracting Potential Talent

Dynamite Red

We seem to be struggling to attract players who have either played in the Prem or Championship players who are on good /high wages, there also seems to be a bit of an issue with established players moving due to our location.

Maybe as we did with the likes of Maynard and Adomah we should be trying to attract some of the best talent from the lower leagues, supplemented by a few key experienced/established signings.

Just for example the likes of:-

Brett Pittman (Bournemouth) ST

Craig Dawson (Rochdale) CB

Charlie Austin (Swindon) ST

Alex Smithies (Huddersfield) GK (Probably out of our price bracket)

Matt Phillips (Wycombe) MF

Can anyone else add few more names of potential talent? Or players who look destined to bigger things that would find the appeal of signing for a ambitious Championship club such as ourselves.

We seem to be struggling to attract players who have either played in the Prem or Championship players who are on good /high wages, there also seems to be a bit of an issue with established players moving due to our location.

Maybe as we did with the likes of Maynard and Adomah we should be trying to attract some of the best talent from the lower leagues, supplemented by a few key experienced/established signings.

Can anyone else add few more names of potential talent? Or players who look destined to bigger things that would find the appeal of signing for a ambitious Championship club such as ourselves.

http://www.skysports...6306475,00.html

Possibly one signed, how about Dawson, Pittman and Austin. :fingerscrossed:

There seems to be a lot of interest in Dawson whom Dale allegedly rate at £1m. I'm amazed nobody has snapped up Pittman who looks a natural to me. Huddersfield allegedly want £4m for Smithies. Austin could turn out a one season wonder so very risk at present. I agree though that these are the types of players we should go for not old lags boosting their pension fund.

Looks like Phillips could the player that mrdc was on about as he can play on the wing and upfront like Adomah.

Bags of potential as has Dawson but don't think we would pay £1m for a defender, I also think a bit of around £1.5m could net Pittman as well.

All 3 would improve our squad IMO.

BCAGFC

i reckon if you offered Rochdale and Bournemouth 700k for Dawson and Pittman they would bite your arm off. Good young talent with bright futures ahead of them. Lets forget about the Sonko's and Scoland's who are washed up and in there 30's, let bring in the players who can progress with us.

please not Pittman coming from bournemouth even after last season most of the fans i know say he is lazy and dont rate him

Wasn't Shaun Goater's middle name lazy?.

Some strikers look lazy but appear in the right place, at the right time.

BCAGFC

Like Adomah, like Sproule, like Haynes, like Jackson, like JCR.

Is that really top priority?

If Phillips does come in then you have to say that one would be on the way out (Sproule?).

Top priority for me would be a out and out recognised (even lower division) striker to replace maynard and another central defender.

BCAGFC

i reckon if you offered Rochdale and Bournemouth 700k for Dawson and Pittman they would bite your arm off. Good young talent with bright futures ahead of them. Lets forget about the Sonko's and Scoland's who are washed up and in there 30's, let bring in the players who can progress with us.

Sonko's only 29 englandsmile4wf.gif ...I love being a pedant...

Looks like Phillips could the player that mrdc was on about as he can play on the wing and upfront like

Not me sir. Never even heard of the bloke.0

Bags of potential as has Dawson but don't think we would pay £1m for a defender, I also think a bit of around £1.5m could net Pittman as well.

All 3 would improve our squad IMO.

BCAGFC

Archived