IGNORED

Inflated Prices...

SimplyRed

Is it any wonder that Coppell can't find anyone reasonably priced to bring to the club when clubs like Aston Villa TURN DOWN £20 MILLION for a completely average player like Milner.

There was a discussion on this forum earlier regarding the meaning of the word 'journeyman'. Many thought it to mean well-travelled, though the correct meaning is 'average, unable to achieve excellence'.

Well, I think Milner must fulfil both sets of people's understanding of the word journeyman because he truly satisfies both meanings.

It beggars belief!

The Premier League has truly lost the plot...

If Micheal Carrick was bought by Man Utd for £18 million, then a young very decent player like Milner is worth at least £20 Million.

Yeah he has been at quite a few clubs, but then he did play his first game for Leeds when he was 16.

But he is def a talent and i can see him becoming one of the best players in the next couple of seasons!

Is it any wonder that Coppell can't find anyone reasonably priced to bring to the club when clubs like Aston Villa TURN DOWN £20 MILLION for a completely average player like Milner.

There was a discussion on this forum earlier regarding the meaning of the word 'journeyman'. Many thought it to mean well-travelled, though the correct meaning is 'average, unable to achieve excellence'.

Well, I think Milner must fulfil both sets of people's understanding of the word journeyman because he truly satisfies both meanings.

It beggars belief!

The Premier League has truly lost the plot...

I would like to know how many nurses that money could be used to pay for! if I was asked would I rather have Milner at my football club or an extra 100 nurses at my local hospital I wonder which one I would choose?

If Micheal Carrick was bought by Man Utd for £18 million, then a young very decent player like Milner is worth at least £20 Million.

Yeah he has been at quite a few clubs, but then he did play his first game for Leeds when he was 16.

But he is def a talent and i can see him becoming one of the best players in the next couple of seasons!

At least Carrick had a modicum of talent. Milner is just a bull in a china shop who happens to be able to kick a ball.

If your final paragraph is to be believed, it is absolutely frightening what he may be worth when he achieves your perceived pinnacle!

What I'm getting at is, isn't our over-inflated ego as an international team just perpetuated by average players being put on pedestals as 'World Class' players - it really is a joke. Milner is no more world class than Bradley Orr, yet he commands a 'world class' fee when not at his full potentlial (apparently!)?

Sorry, it's a joke and an indication of how badly we misrepresent our players, some of whom don't have the talent to clean the boots of some of the great players out there.

I do agree with you with a fair few players, but my honest opinion is that Milner is a good player that could go far.

But Honestly £1million for one person is a silly amount let alone £20 or even £80 Million!

Football has lost sense or reality!!

Villa have turned down £20m for Milner (who is a good player to be fair) because they don't want to loose him and it's Man City who want to buy him. Villa have said Milner will only leave at a price which is right for Villa and if Man City want him they are going to have to pay - no different to us if someone wants to buy Nicky Maynard they are going to have to pay over the odds.

The money Man City are splashing around is distorting the market as soon as they show an interest in a player the price almost doubles because everybody knows money is no object. Shame really because the over inflated prices and wages then spread for example if you were Wayne Rooney you might think Toure on £200k a week at City, I'm more valuble to United am I'm only on £100k I think i need a pay rise and on it goes all the way down the ladder.

Even we get caught up in it - How much have we offered a 40 year old goal keeper a week?

Archived