IGNORED

Bounce Around The Town

Johnny Musicworks

Okay everyone its now been a few days since we announced our intentions for BOUNCE AROUND THE TOWN and the response has been phenomenal. Poor Mikee has received almost non-stop phone-calls this week and countless emails since his personal email address was printed in the Evening Post yesterday, whoops.

Anyway we are now at the stage where we need to organize the administration of the response, planning and co-ordination of the event.Over the week-end and the early part of next week we have a series of meetings, (not least with the Supporters Trust) and these will enable us to set a date that suits everybody (music and football fans, the city Council, possible celebs/guests/politicians etc). Once this is done we can construct a detailed plan. At present Myself (Jon), Mikee and Dave along with my co-founder of The Musicworks Steve are handling everything. We have between us a lot of Event organisational experience and Steve like Mikee knows all about being a chart success albeit in Europe rather than the UK, which is why we have Soul Diva Ruby Turner as a Patron. We have many offers of help already and judging by the response we are going to need plenty so keep them coming. Please bear with us over the next week or so whilst we add detail to the plans.

The first job is to establish contact points for BOUNCE AROUND THE TOWN so we now have a dedicated phone line, for all enquiries and contacts.

THE MUSICWORKS BOUNCE LINE 07985 654 905.

We also have an email address for all correspondence, Bounce@the-musicworks.com

So to update what we have so far,

1) A March/Bounce to the Council House where we will have an opportunity to present a petition to the Council and where guest speakers/politicians/Business leaders will speak. Remember this is not just about the Sainsbury's refusal, it is about the people of Bristol (often termed the silent majority) whose voice is not always heard, people who love this city. It will be a statement of people who want to see development (other than just cycle paths and restored tobacco factories),to have a new stadium, a Music Arena and an integrated transport system, things that other cities take for granted and particularily in South Bristol to have jobs created so that people can afford to enjoy the Green city. We will need plenty of Bouncy stewards for this, volunteers please.

2/ Music Event or Events under the BOUNCE AROUND THE TOWN theme celebrating and featuring some of Bristols best talent past and present from all types of music, representing our Music Community.

3/ A theme tune for BOUNCE AROUND THE TOWN that will be recorded by The Musicworks Collective (and Guests) along with hopefully a new version of the classic 1 FOR THE BRISTOL CITY (Dance music style). We hope that the club will give us permission to perform these tracks for the Ashton Gate masses on the pitch before a home game prior to the Bounce/Event. This will help us publicize the day and give us a chance to rehearse the Bounce with the fans. We know the East End will be bouncing but we might need to get the other stands (especially the Williams) motivated. If we can get the whole ground bouncing it will give a flavour of what is to come and the video of the Ashton Gate Bounce could become a You-Tube sensation.

Once again many thanks for all your help and support, Lets show Steve Lansdown that we appreciate his efforts on our behalf.

The guy in picture with the shades is the gentleman that used to go in the lounge of the The Rising Sun (BS3), before it got done up. Isn't It?

He used to make me piss myself on a matchday.

Slander :laugh: ive never been to the rising sun i used to drink in the volley years n years ago though haha. And as for the shades it wasnt the cool look i was after i was mearely hiding the bags under me eyes from 36 hours none stop emails after the Evening Post posted up my email addy naughty buggers :laugh: ...

Looks like we have upset the Southville and Long Ashton Mafia judging by some of the comments on the This Is Bristol site. Makes it all worthwhile. I wonder if it will get me a few extra bonus points on my Sainsburys loyalty card :laugh:. Anyway must get off, Saturday morning down North Street will probably be manic with all those Nimbys on their bikes doing their weekly shop. Yeah Right! Anyway we got David James so BOUNCE around today.

Any chance of Tom Jones rockin up with this number???fingerscrossed.gifdancing6.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEn0UdJfLr0

Just a Thought Jon But I think it would be a good idea to get say 20 or 30 BCFC fans in the studio for the Bounce around the town track. & we could sell the cd's on I tunes & ebay & here at the supporters trust & donate half the proceedings to The Jessie May Trust as i think that is a great cause & is also a local charity. What do you think mate.

Looks like we have upset the Southville and Long Ashton Mafia judging by some of the comments on the This Is Bristol site. Makes it all worthwhile. I wonder if it will get me a few extra bonus points on my Sainsburys loyalty card :laugh:. Anyway must get off, Saturday morning down North Street will probably be manic with all those Nimbys on their bikes doing their weekly shop. Yeah Right! Anyway we got David James so BOUNCE around today.

PMSL Jon I'll enquire to Sainsburys about the loyalty points haha nice one...

Just a Thought Jon But I think it would be a good idea to get say 20 or 30 BCFC fans in the studio for the Bounce around the town track. & we could sell the cd's on I tunes & ebay & here at the supporters trust & donate half the proceedings to The Jessie May Trust as i think that is a great cause & is also a local charity. What do you think mate.

Shotgun me!! ;-)

That would be me then. Great suggestions Mikee. Firstly great idea to include some City fans in the recording/s. As regards the Jessie May Trust, yes a great charity, one of at least a dozen that have been suggested to me over the weekend. All these things need to be considered and with so much to organize I don't want us to get ahead of ourselves, but rest assured Mikee as the Musicworks is a not-for-profit Youth Motivation and Education Project any profit made will definitely be used for the benefit of young people in Bristol. For now my focus is on making the BOUNCE AROUND THE TOWN a successful March/Event that will send a very clear message to our council leaders that what they do NEXT will have an effect on our City for generations to come. Stadium, Music Arena, better Transport links, one thing leads to another. Our leaders need to realize that they work for all of us not just small pockets of pseudo-green activists who want to stop everything, often for their own benefit.

BRISTOL, Green City yes but not at the expense of Bristol becoming a wasteland of missed opportunities unable to keep up with our rivals. Ironically there are very few areas of prosperity in South Bristol yet a FEW people living in those prosperous areas seem intent on preventing their South Bristol neighbours from benefiting from exciting new developments. Lets hope we can convince our leaders to see the bigger picture,(I know for a fact that our Business leaders are sending the same message to them). If not they will see the outcome in next years elections.

:englandsmile4wf: good night last nite at BS3

Yes mate the best part was the Sausages :laugh: The only part i understood at last nights meeting was would you like some food :laugh:.

Joking apart it was good to put faces to names & to sort out the march. I think everyone there is commited to our club & long may it continue. The BCFC Supporters Trust do a great job but until you actualy attend one of there meetings fans really don't know just how much work they do so thumbs up to them. At the meeting they said they had raised in donations from city fans roughly £240 towards the clean up of the Graffity at the mem & that the Supporters trust will round that figure up to £300 which i thought was decent of them. The Supporters trust do a hell of alot of hard work & i hope every supporter that uses this forum will at some stage in there lives attend one of there future meetings & see what down to earth decent people they are. I wanna say thanks to Mike who made me laugh & made me feel at ease from the outset of the meeting your a legend Sir. Heres hoping we get off to a great start on Saturday with our first win of the new season.

One For The Bristol City

Two For The Boys In Red

Three For The Fans @ Ashton Gate

& Follow Till We Dead Me Boys

Follow Till We Dead...

Guest Parson St Station

After all the razz-matazz..whats actually happening??

Did I miss something or was this all a load of BS??

All gone strangely quiet from 'Mikey' and 'Music-works'

One minute with James and Coppell we are in the 'red tops'

Now we have crap form and plumetting attendaces...and nothing from Mikee Freedom and music-works.

Maybe the press won't be interested now and theres nothing for these guys to gain.

Cynical? Moi? Yes.

We can't get 13000 to a game.We ain't going to get 130 to "march" to the coucil house to hear bands no-one has ever heard off headlined by a bloke who mumbled on a record 20 yrs ago.

And before anyone starts, neither of these long-term city 'fans' had posted before 5 weeks ago.

:mafia:

Parson Street,thankyou for your comments made I am sure out of the frustration of waiting for something concrete to happen in respect of ourplans.

Firstly let me assure you that both the Musicworks and Mikees work and reputation extend far beyond Bristol and the UK and that the notion that a little feature in the Evening Post and a couple of minutes on Radio Bristol suddenly makes us publicity-seeking makes I laugh. After supporting City for over 45 years through the ups and many downs I didn't realize that 'only on OTIB' for 5 weeks makes me less of a City fan. Mikee is also a life-long City fan and frankly I find it insulting that we have to justify our loyalty.

Anyway, moving on I am sorry that we have been so quiet recently whilst the 'Red Tops' have focused so much on our club (missed some good PR opportunities there I suppose) but the club asked us to delay our plans for a few weeks while they considered their options with Sainsburys (Appeal or new planning application etc).

We have also been informed by the Council that in order to stage an outdoor music event they would need 3 months notice (planning and health and safety etc) which would take us to November/December not good for an outside event.

Sadly recent events, Coppell resigning, poor start to season, trouble after Millwall game etc have played out like a soap opera. Reading the forums is like open warfare between City fans all no doubt giving great pleasure to the councillors having taken the focus away from them. Indeed Simon Rayner and his green chums must be celebrating one own goal after another,and saying prayers of thanks to Steve Coppell.

Well we have not forgotten them and although it is impractical for a large open air event we have been encouraged by musicians response from across Bristol and will be organising a number of indoor events to support the campaign for a new Music Arena at Ashton Vale. These events will lead up to next years local elections so as to keep the focus on the councillors. Of course Parson Street these events we hope will be supported by various celebrities but they will feature some of your 'never heard of' bands who live and work in Bristol entertaining its citizens for little reward. The Stadium and the Arena are local issues and it is vital that we demonstrate that this is a demonstration of local people and what they want for Bristol rather than just a few publicity-seeking celebs.

As for the march/bounce we are meeting with the Trust tomorrow and should have details within a few days. The council have agreed to receive the petition from the Trust at the conclusion of the march and our job over the coming weeks as you appreciate will be to motivate support amongst the dis-illusioned masses.

As regards the Bounce song and the remake of 1 for the Bristol City that should be happening next week when the studio that we have been offered re-opens after a re-furb.

Finally apologies again for the delays but I am sure that Steve Lansdown will concur that trying to do anything positive in this city is frustrating to say the least but we have to stick with it. So to all my fellow City fans stop fighting, get behind Milly and the boys and don't let a few weeks of adversity spoil the plans. COYR.

After all the razz-matazz..whats actually happening??

Did I miss something or was this all a load of BS??

All gone strangely quiet from 'Mikey' and 'Music-works'

One minute with James and Coppell we are in the 'red tops'

Now we have crap form and plumetting attendaces...and nothing from Mikee Freedom and music-works.

Maybe the press won't be interested now and theres nothing for these guys to gain.

Cynical? Moi? Yes.

We can't get 13000 to a game.We ain't going to get 130 to "march" to the coucil house to hear bands no-one has ever heard off headlined by a bloke who mumbled on a record 20 yrs ago.

And before anyone starts, neither of these long-term city 'fans' had posted before 5 weeks ago.

:mafia:

Your right i didn't post on here till about 5 weeks ago although i was registred here for some time.

As for press what do i need press for so i did a record with Nomad some 19 years ago that done really well & still is according to my last royalty cheque.

As for not posting on here thats mainly because i used the BBC SPORTS 606 forum for the last so many years.

I can take possitive critisism but to personaly verbaly attack me when you don't know me personaly i find a bit harsh. Even if not one single person marched it wouldnt make a difference mate as there are ovr 7000 signed petitions and thats all i care about people who want to see a change in Bristol for the better not how much rubish publicity i could get thats just a joke my future music will speak for itself as it did bk in the 90's & if it doesn't so what ill still do what i love doing & still support Bristol City as ive always done since i was a lad in 76. Try getting your head from down under & think more about supporting Bristol City rather than slate your fellow supporters for doing what you are unable to do yourself...

Guest Parson St Station

Parson Street,thankyou for your comments made I am sure out of the frustration of waiting for something concrete to happen in respect of ourplans.

Firstly let me assure you that both the Musicworks and Mikees work and reputation extend far beyond Bristol and the UK and that the notion that a little feature in the Evening Post and a couple of minutes on Radio Bristol suddenly makes us publicity-seeking makes I laugh. After supporting City for over 45 years through the ups and many downs I didn't realize that 'only on OTIB' for 5 weeks makes me less of a City fan. Mikee is also a life-long City fan and frankly I find it insulting that we have to justify our loyalty.

Anyway, moving on I am sorry that we have been so quiet recently whilst the 'Red Tops' have focused so much on our club (missed some good PR opportunities there I suppose) but the club asked us to delay our plans for a few weeks while they considered their options with Sainsburys (Appeal or new planning application etc).

We have also been informed by the Council that in order to stage an outdoor music event they would need 3 months notice (planning and health and safety etc) which would take us to November/December not good for an outside event.

Sadly recent events, Coppell resigning, poor start to season, trouble after Millwall game etc have played out like a soap opera. Reading the forums is like open warfare between City fans all no doubt giving great pleasure to the councillors having taken the focus away from them. Indeed Simon Rayner and his green chums must be celebrating one own goal after another,and saying prayers of thanks to Steve Coppell.

Well we have not forgotten them and although it is impractical for a large open air event we have been encouraged by musicians response from across Bristol and will be organising a number of indoor events to support the campaign for a new Music Arena at Ashton Vale. These events will lead up to next years local elections so as to keep the focus on the councillors. Of course Parson Street these events we hope will be supported by various celebrities but they will feature some of your 'never heard of' bands who live and work in Bristol entertaining its citizens for little reward. The Stadium and the Arena are local issues and it is vital that we demonstrate that this is a demonstration of local people and what they want for Bristol rather than just a few publicity-seeking celebs.

As for the march/bounce we are meeting with the Trust tomorrow and should have details within a few days. The council have agreed to receive the petition from the Trust at the conclusion of the march and our job over the coming weeks as you appreciate will be to motivate support amongst the dis-illusioned masses.

As regards the Bounce song and the remake of 1 for the Bristol City that should be happening next week when the studio that we have been offered re-opens after a re-furb.

Finally apologies again for the delays but I am sure that Steve Lansdown will concur that trying to do anything positive in this city is frustrating to say the least but we have to stick with it. So to all my fellow City fans stop fighting, get behind Milly and the boys and don't let a few weeks of adversity spoil the plans. COYR.

Yes, I realize that Mikey posts on 606 and has done for years.I was bang out of order on that and i apologise.

As regards'nothing to gain' I meant for the club not yourselves (you made it perfectly clear that finance was not an issue) as at this present time BCFC is regarded as a club in turmoil at the mo and an event with an undoubted exceptionally poor attendace would be an unmittigated disaster for all concerned.

And yes Music-works, I am angry, and disillusioned with the club,management and in-fighting.Of which I have sadly also contributed to.

I am back home in October so I will contact you to see if I can help.

Lastly, you are right, we have shot ourselves in the foot as a club and certain prominent Southville identities are rolling around in delight.

Please accept my apologies for being so negative towards people trying to help.

Guest Parson St Station

Your right i didn't post on here till about 5 weeks ago although i was registred here for some time.

As for press what do i need press for so i did a record with Nomad some 19 years ago that done really well & still is according to my last royalty cheque.

As for not posting on here thats mainly because i used the BBC SPORTS 606 forum for the last so many years.

I can take possitive critisism but to personaly verbaly attack me when you don't know me personaly i find a bit harsh. Even if not one single person marched it wouldnt make a difference mate as there are ovr 7000 signed petitions and thats all i care about people who want to see a change in Bristol for the better not how much rubish publicity i could get thats just a joke my future music will speak for itself as it did bk in the 90's & if it doesn't so what ill still do what i love doing & still support Bristol City as ive always done since i was a lad in 76. Try getting your head from down under & think more about supporting Bristol City rather than slate your fellow supporters for doing what you are unable to do yourself...

See reply above Mikee.

No probs Parson Street it is hard not to get sucked into all this negativity surrounding the club at the moment. Please get in touch when you are over because as I said before all offers of help are gratefully accepted.

As I have also said before The Musicworks is all about motivating young people into turning their lives around and while some of the better sports and music stars are great for motivating young people we firmly believe that successful business people like Steve Lansdown are perfect examples to the young people who can be tomorrows entrepreneurs. It is just so frustrating that our City Council seems to be doing everything they can to discourage such people from investing in the future because of narrow-minded and selfish pressure groups that represent the opinions of so few.

They would have south Bristol as an urban wasteland full of empty little shops criss-crossed by miles of cycle lanes. I have nothing against cyclists but there are greater priorities in these hard times that our City Council pays little heed to. Jobs first and regeneration of south Bristol with decent transport links for the other modes of transport that this council seems intent on persecuting.

Sorry rant over but if we can use our talents to get a bit of a good positive feeling back in to our club and the area then we have to try. Lets just hope we can show that BCFC and its fans always BOUNCE BACK!

Yes, I realize that Mikey posts on 606 and has done for years.I was bang out of order on that and i apologise.

As regards'nothing to gain' I meant for the club not yourselves (you made it perfectly clear that finance was not an issue) as at this present time BCFC is regarded as a club in turmoil at the mo and an event with an undoubted exceptionally poor attendace would be an unmittigated disaster for all concerned.

And yes Music-works, I am angry, and disillusioned with the club,management and in-fighting.Of which I have sadly also contributed to.

I am back home in October so I will contact you to see if I can help.

Lastly, you are right, we have shot ourselves in the foot as a club and certain prominent Southville identities are rolling around in delight.

Please accept my apologies for being so negative towards people trying to help.

Thankyou Parson street sorry for my rant normaly I wouldn't respond to anything said about myself & I was advised not to but im a rebelious sod when i want to be. Having said that it takes a great person to admit when they have been or said the wrong thing/s & i accept your appology mate. The only thing i want to come out of all this is if Bristol City FC & Sainsburys decide they wish to still appeal then all I want is a possitive outcome for the cause. I have done this as a life long fan of Bristol City FC & not as a musician of any sort although having said that if my small name has helped in getting publicity for the greater cause then I am humbled to still be remembered & for the good of the cause itself. Hopefully we can all laugh about this when your over & we can sink a Blackthorn or 3 in the Dolman Bar on a match day. Have a great Weekend.

Mikee.

Archived