IGNORED

Official City Site On Iphone ?

Gilli74

In theory all you would need to do is fake the user agent on safari but I'm doubting you could do such configuration edits without having a jailbroken iphone.

Being the sad git that I am, I have done some research in the app store and both wolves and Birmingham now. Have offical iPhone apps made by the perform group. So I suspect that our iPhone app will be very similiar.

Being the sad git that I am, I have done some research in the app store and both wolves and Birmingham now. Have offical iPhone apps made by the perform group. So I suspect that our iPhone app will be very similiar.

do they have a player or equivalent on the app?

do they have a player or equivalent on the app?

Fingers crossed.. the BBC have shown the way forward (i.e HTML5 streaming, I think?) with the BBC News app

Yes they do, which is great but you have to pay an extra subscription for it, about £25 a year, which seems a bit mean if you already subscribe to player. Which seems a bit tight to ne.

That's a bit naughty I agree. In fact takes the ****. Wonder if u can just subscribe to the mob version. Would be a little cheaper then!

That's a bit naughty I agree. In fact takes the ****. Wonder if u can just subscribe to the mob version. Would be a little cheaper then!

I think you can yes.

I paid £6 a month last season for sky sports a month so will probably subscribe to it.

From the descriptions on the Itunes app store it's unclear whether the subscription to player through the website provides access to the iphone app content, although it does appear it will be the same output.

If not I will subscribe through the app and cancel my membership from player on the website.

I do think it's a bit of a cheek to charge for the app and then charge for the subscription too but being the mug I am I will definately get it.

post-8183-000609600 1280605667_thumb.png

post-8183-001997200 1280605739_thumb.png

From the descriptions on the Itunes app store it's unclear whether the subscription to player through the website provides access to the iphone app content, although it does appear it will be the same output.

If not I will subscribe through the app and cancel my membership from player on the website.

I do think it's a bit of a cheek to charge for the app and then charge for the subscription too but being the mug I am I will definately get it.

post-8183-000609600 1280605667_thumb.png

If you look at the reviews on the Blackburn app, the reviews are moaning about having to pay for both...

post-8183-001997200 1280605739_thumb.png

Its bad enough that they force us to use the mobile version, but why did they have to do it so badly. Apart from the fact that it doesn't always seem to work properly, why are the articles just a wall of text, just because its a mobile version doesn't mean they cant have proper formatting!

They've made a change, its crap, they should just roll back the change until they get it right!

I'd love to see an option on the iphone that makes it pretend its not a mobile device, would be handy with more and more websites doing the same at the moment.

Premium TV really are a bunch of useless ****wits when it comes to the web, proper amateurs with no idea what they are doing.

If they don't give me the option of accessing the regular official site and the player site from my phone I will cancel my subscription.

It's a f@@king joke!

The club bang on about how great their website is! And then pull a bloody stunt like this when they make one of the biggest annouments in the clubs history! It's a farce!

Regardless of whether it is the club or any other 3rd party responsible, some need take some responsibility for this major screw up and if they can't get it done they should be replaced with someone capable. International signing on the pitch and downs league on the website! But hey at least we get some blog of some youth tourmenent in scandinvia

I don't want some crap cut done version of the site and any site that usually does at least has an option to switch to the full site.

Being away all weekend and regards of which browser you use on the iPhone, safari or firefox you get some crap site which is worse than the previous mobile site of 5 years ago

Thankfully Newsnow has stopped me wasting to much time connecting to this joke of a mobile site! To anyone who's never used it I HIGHLY recommend using the below link prior to ever connecting directly to the main site, much quicker to load and saves wasting time loading the add filed site

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Championship/Bristol+City

Sort it f@@king out!

The City website is automatically diverting my iPhone to the crap mobile site I was wondering if anyone else was a bit pi55ed off with this as it does not give the the option to return to normal web site. Done some research on Google and apparently more and more websites are diverting you straight to their mobile sites including Microsoft hotmail etc. If there is a way to tweak phone to stop this please can you enlighten me ! Cheers

There is another thread but since nothing has been done about it and there has been nothing on the website from the club so it's worth mentioning again.

The mobile site is terrible and has only been released to bring new ways of advertising and is simply terrible. The is also no option to switch to the main site

Premier league signings on the pith, downs league on the web

You could always buy a decent phone with Android and you'd be able to choose between the normal or mobile sites. :innocent06:

Er, that's a fluke down to them missing to add that browser to the user agent filter they're using. I am sure it will be "corrected".

Er, that's a fluke down to them missing to add that browser to the user agent filter they're using. I am sure it will be "corrected".

Erm, nope. I have the option of viewing every single website in normal view or if it has one, mobile view.

Oh dear phone envy, just because you can't afford an iPhone.

Yes, you're correct, I can't afford a contract that costs exactly the same as my current one. :tumbleweed:

Erm, nope. I have the option of viewing every single website in normal view or if it has one, mobile view.

You don't have that option on sites that read your user agent and force you to a mobile version unless you jailbreak your phone and use a spoofer. I can do that on an iphone too I'd just rather avoid it.

It's nothing to do with the phone, it's to do with the shitty web design.

You don't have that option on sites that read your user agent and force you to a mobile version unless you jailbreak your phone and use a spoofer. I can do that on an iphone too I'd just rather avoid it.

It's nothing to do with the phone, it's to do with the shitty web design.

Well, I have no idea about any technicalities, but I've not found a single website that hasn't allowed my to turn off the mobile version on my phone. Not a single one. Ever.

Well, I have no idea about any technicalities, but I've not found a single website that hasn't allowed my to turn off the mobile version on my phone. Not a single one. Ever.

Yes, and the first one I've found that doesn't allow me to is the new BCFC site. The fact that they detect an iphone request but not an android one is down to it being overlooked.

It's a really, really shitty way to design a site and sadly I suspect it is done to force mobile users onto a ******* useless site so they can charge for an application.

Archived