IGNORED

Number Two Keeper

WarksRed

Today conformed it for me, Henderson should be number two.

while neither of then had a worthwhile shot to save, at least three times in the first half, our defenders ducked under a high ball from Blackpool around the egde of our box to let the ball go through to the keeper ..... only to look round and see Gerkin on his six yard line, with their forward closing down on the ball ....... this resulted in a hasty anywhere clearance from the defenders ....... like most of last season.

Henderson in the second half however, let the defenders know he was coming for the ball, and everyone was less nervy, Hendersons distribution was a lot better as well,

theres not a lot between them as shotstoppers, but for a 'presence' in the area, and therefore more confident defenders, Henderson wins hands down.

So should we be expecting gerken to be loaned out? Or hendo if he's deemed 3rd choice.

I would maybe expect one of them to be loaned out to get 1st team action, but we would need to include an option to recall in 48 hours in case of injury to James or our 2nd choice.

a high ball from Blackpool around the egde of our box to let the ball go through to the keeper ..... only to look round and see Gerkin on his six yard line, with their forward closing down on the ball ....... this resulted in a hasty anywhere clearance from the defenders ....... like most of last season.

This happens in every game - but people cant or dont see it.

I'd keep Gerken on the bench and send Henderson out on loan. Its better for him to be playing

please dont forget good or bad how gherkin was thrown in at the deep end last season when basoo threw his toys out of the pram and really in consideration now well he stepped up to the challenge I know there were silly misttales like barnsley but over all how well he stepped up the the challenge the 2 top teams never beat us at ashton gate he wil with confidence be a brill goalie

Do think whoever is the number two will play a crucial role in this season, James will be in the the England Squad weather starting or not Copello would be stupid not to get him in for the less experience English goalkeepers to learn from him! So will be away and also at his age injuries will last longer so I'd be tempted not to loan any of them unless we have a 24 hour recall clause

Archived