IGNORED

Are We This Seasons Dark Horses?

numbeast

Everywhere I look I see so called experts saying a mid table finish for us. I can see their point, new manager, influential players such as Hartley and Orr leaving and already 5 new faces with the possibility of more who need time to intergrate. Everything looking like it's geared to 2011/2012 season for a real push at getting out of this league.

But if these experts really knew what they were about then they'd have all retired now on their winnings from Ladbrooks or Paddy Power. How many of them predicted lowly Blackpool finishing out of the bottom 3 let alone in the top 6? Steve Coppell has gone about strengthening the weak areas fairly quietly, no fanfares for 4 of the 5 players and the Clubs capture of England No.1 David James will over shadow any other signing he makes, (unless Heskey, Owen or Beckham turn up at Failand), which I believe to be a good thing. Young Albert seems to be the exciting winger we needed to compliment JCR or Danny Haynes whilst the other 4 signings bring Premier League and international experiance. With these additions I think we could well be challenging for a top 6 place if they gel quick enough.

Sky seem to think Sheffield Utd are only good enough for mid table yet Cardiff having lost Ledley and could yet lose a few more due to their finances are predicted to finish 6th. This season will be closer than last due to the new arrivals from the Prem and League 1 as I think all 6 new sides a Championship quality ans are of similar ilk to ourselves. I think Steve Coppell and Steve Lansdown believe we are good enough to go up this year (with 1 or 2 more new faces).

So the question to you is do you share my optimism for this coming season and see us pushing nearer the top than in the last 2 seasons or do you think this is a building season and expect a higher mid-table finish?

(I do have to say despite my confidance I'll be happy with Sky's prediction)

I'm not sure how to call us this year, yes we have lost Orr, Harltley and McCombe 2 (maybe 3) key players have gone but the replacements are, on papaer, more than adequate replacements.

A key in our favour is that a few of our current key players Maynard and Skuuuusssee especially are getting better with every game they play for us.

I will plump for a 6th place finish this year.

Archived