IGNORED

James Still Considered For England

Zyder9

mmmm love to share your optimism,but really cant see him being calle up to next squad...joe hart will be no 1, rob green and ben foster

Ben Foster & Rob Green? Appalling goalkeepers. If thats out future we got no hope. Certainly neither player fill me with much confidence.

Joe Hart is a yes but needs to build on international experiance. Untill such time David James as back up for Joe.

The England team need to start producing goalkeepers & very quickly.

Ben Foster & Rob Green? Appalling goalkeepers. If thats out future we got no hope. Certainly neither player fill me with much confidence.

Joe Hart is a yes but needs to build on international experiance. Untill such time David James as back up for Joe.

The England team need to start producing goalkeepers & very quickly.

Quite.

A 39 year old is Englands best keeper.

Ouch.

Depressing isn't it?

Don't get me wrong, I think James is a great signing, and still possibly the best English keeper.

But where the hell are the young keepers?

Sorry mate but you can say the same for all positions in the England team. Not just the keepers.

Sorry mate but you can say the same for all positions in the England team. Not just the keepers.

Not a bad shout.

Hopefully the HMRC win their case over image rights then the UK won't be a tax haven for foreign players and domestic players will get more of a shout. Not the whole answer to putting the state of English football to rights, but a contributing factor.

mmmm love to share your optimism,but really cant see him being calle up to next squad...joe hart will be no 1, rob green and ben foster

Glad you've got a good crystal ball there. Where we going to finish In the league this season? Who else we signing?

So many questions...

Anyhow DJ being 1st choice or not should make the squad down to if he keeps it up. Would also be a valuble experienced 'asset' to the national team.

And hart at no:1? Will he even be 1st choice at man city?

Now there is a hmmmmmm.

With the England number 1 up for debate here, I thought I'd add my views.

I feel Hart won't get anywhere near the England number 1 spot whilst he's at Man City on the bench. But remember that was his first full season playing in the Prem.

I feel it'll be Foster. He's 27 years old now, and will be playing on a regular basis at Brum. And Foster will carry on improving whilst he's there. We still got Carson (WBA), Kirkland (Wigan), Green. Both still very young.

James will be in the next lot of squads to provide valuble experience to the young ones. We even got Alex Smithes who's improving alot!

With the likes of Foster and Carson and possibly Green is that we through them into the limelight all too soon, so their lack of experience and their age goes against them. Carson was around the 22/23 mark against Croatia. Green, that was his first major tournament and never played a bigger game than that for West Ham. We (English fans) needn't to worry, the keeper spot is well covered and strength in dept.

You say that about pushing them in to young but how old were the likes of Buffon, Iker Casillas and Sklatenberg of Holland when they were pushed into the main teams?

All of them have been playing in big games in front of 50k+ fans since they were young, the fact remains for England that not one of the top 6-8 teams has an English 'keeper in their first team squad and a lot of them don't even have a English 'keeper as their number 2.

Archived