IGNORED

Between 3 & 4 O'clock, High Court Decision..

Maesknoll Red

What happens to the people that screwed them into the ground though?

Feel sorry for the fans, but someone needs to pay for what's happened. Really can't see them disappearing though, something will happen to save them. As long as they pay it all back and cut their cloth accordingly now then I don't have a problem with that. But if they don't pay it back and continue to live beyond their means then that is bang out of order.

• Admin

What happens to the people that screwed them into the ground though?

Feel sorry for the fans, but someone needs to pay for what's happened. Really can't see them disappearing though, something will happen to save them. As long as they pay it all back and cut their cloth accordingly now then I don't have a problem with that. But if they don't pay it back and continue to live beyond their means then that is bang out of order.

Can they pay their debts? Somewhere in the region of £120M I believe. Not sure how they can pay that off and stay viable, hopefully it might just put the brakes on the financial madness that has swept football along since the inception ogf the Premier League. As you say, the fans will suffer, those who managed the club into such a financial blackhole will move on and wreck havoc elsewhere,

Case will be taken to appeal no matter what the outcome so it's unlikely the club will enter liquidation as of yet. However that stated, this could have huge ramifications if they decide the rules in place for football clubs entering financial difficulty have no basis in law. Could see a huge domino effect... As with all these things, feel hugely sorry for the fans, it's not their fault but a football club has no more right to shy away from repayments than any other company or individual.

does that mean they will have points docked??

Don't think so, if they have an agreed CVA in place they won't get points deduction (like Stockport did last year I think)

Am surprised. I did think the argument that HMRC made was a fair one.

it absolutely was a fair one. Bogus payments off shore for so called 'image rights'; there are two questionable actions right there.

You reside in the UK you pay tax in the UK whether its earned in the UK or overseas makes no difference.

According to the report I read, HMRC have said they will not go to appeal, which seems surprising.

You don't know whether to laugh or cry, really. I don't want to see Pompey wound up, but for the wider good of the game you wonder how much longer this sort of thing can go on.

According to the report I read, HMRC have said they will not go to appeal, which seems surprising.

You don't know whether to laugh or cry, really. I don't want to see Pompey wound up, but for the wider good of the game you wonder how much longer this sort of thing can go on.

Too right.

It is incomprehensible that they can negotiate one deal for their non HMRC creditors and one for the tax man to me.

Both Pompey and Cardiff are taking the piss, IMO.

I completely agree, I have a soft spot for Pompey, so we should keep them and liquidate Cardiff, let the HMRC make an example of them instead of Pompey.

I completely agree, I have a soft spot for Pompey, so we should keep them and liquidate Cardiff, let the HMRC make an example of them instead of Pompey.

when making a joke you should put exclamation marks after the remark.

if i did not judge you were making a joke then i think i would be criticised for disrespecting your opinion.

Archived