IGNORED

Chairman's Stadium Statement

bcfc.co.uk

Is it only me or does SL's attitude seem to have changed, in his second Player interview he seemed a very angry man, now i think with this statement i feel he has changed somewhat.

Maybe a behind the scenes deal has been made with the council ? who knows.

In this statement SL just seems to have a different mindset.

I wouldnt have thought a deal could be made, but maybe they could arrange for an appeal to go through quickly?

Not that I want to be over confident but it sounds like an appeal certainly should succeed, the main issue is the delay, but if the majority of the council really are behind this then maybe they could get us an early date for the appeal, if thats possible?

Is it only me or does SL's attitude seem to have changed, in his second Player interview he seemed a very angry man, now i think with this statement i feel he has changed somewhat.

Maybe a behind the scenes deal has been made with the council ? who knows.

In this statement SL just seems to have a different mindset.

To me that just goes to show how passionate and focused he is on this project. He did seem very upset that he had spent a lot of time working with them only for them to hold it back at the last stage.

I wouldnt have thought a deal could be made, but maybe they could arrange for an appeal to go through quickly?

This is what i actually meant by a "Deal" not that they could pass the plan behind closed doors.

Planning appeals are subject to statutory timetables. This means that the parties to the appeal have to submit their evidence within a given timetable.

At moment planning appeals that are being decided by inquiries are taking on average about 26-29 weeks from date the Planning Inspectorate formally accepts the appeal.

Planning appeals are subject to statutory timetables. This means that the parties to the appeal have to submit their evidence within a given timetable.

At moment planning appeals that are being decided by inquiries are taking on average about 26-29 weeks from date the Planning Inspectorate formally accepts the appeal.

I dont know then, maybe their just going to sack the corupt 4..........

As has been mentioned on the main stadium thread, they also have the option to submit a revised planning application, which would, I believe, be heard just like any other application and would not be subject to all the potential pitfalls and delays associated with an appeal, though it has been pointed out elsewhere that there are certain technical difficulties to be overcome even with that strategy. (See the Sainsbury's thread for details).

I agree, though, that Steve's comments do sound reassuring, which makes you think he might know something we don't, yet. I haven't forgotten the masterstroke that pulled the rug from under the feet of the first wave of opposition, when he announced Sainsbury's interest and the fact that there would be only one supermarket in the immediate area, not two. Obviously, the opposition have regrouped since then, whilst the rest of us were arguably guilty of complacency, but I don't think that will happen again.

We'll find out in due course how they intend to tackle the present situation, but the good thing is that Steve certainly doesn't come across here as a man who is about to throw in the towel, and major supermarket chains get knocked back like this on a regular basis and rarely give up. There will be a Plan B brewing somewhere in the depths of Sainsbury's legal department, I think.

Archived