IGNORED

Jcr

Dolman_Stand

Overrated in my opinion. Goes sideways all the time.

As opposed to the rest of the team who kept going backwards? City were shocking and had James not made a cracking save we would have lost 4-0. JCR was the ONLY attacking spark we had and Sproule got MotM when he was useless. Today was a joke and I honestly feel robbed of £30.

We've got Coppell in, some potentially good signings, Adidas as our kit sponsor, a new stadium in the works and we still under perform.

I'm sure the season will turn around with some players coming back but until we get some players who actually want to move for each other and we stop playing hoofball then we're going to be humiliated like we were today.

Yes he beat players, but too often he released the ball far too late. To be honest, I was not over-impressed with any of our forward players, then again, they had nothing of note to aim at. Albert and Jackson showed signs of promise, but both will need time if they are to develop into Championship players.

JCR should have been on the wing. Sproule was his usual self but JCR has a little extra. JCR obviously didn't do what Coppell expected of him as a mostly central player. It would have been better to switch him wider and get Sproule off. JCR looked sharper and along with Ademoah looked like the only players who could have sparked something off.

He was probably the best player followed by Hunt and Skuse. It was a shame to see him go off but still onwards and upwards maybe some changes on Tuesday at Southend to see experiment for the test of Donny away Saturday.

I personally felt that Hunt and Fontaine were terrible today, especially for the second goal, constantly beaten in the air and for pace by Millwall.

I thought Campbell-Ryce was brought off because he was injured, I saw him getting some treatment in the warm up, so maybe it got worse?

I thought he looked the most dangerous player for us today.

I personally felt that Hunt and Fontaine were terrible today, especially for the second goal, constantly beaten in the air and for pace by Millwall.

I thought Campbell-Ryce was brought off because he was injured, I saw him getting some treatment in the warm up, so maybe it got worse?

I thought he looked the most dangerous player for us today.

Seems to be mixed views about Hunt to be honest! I thought he did well on the floor defending not so much in the air and maybe he should have due to his height. Then again I don't believe for a minute he's 100% fit at all and I think Edwards should've started.

Yes he beat players, but too often he released the ball far too late.

ask yourself why he never released the ball. The answer is because everyone else was static, there was no movement or sensible passes for him to play. On a few occasions he dragged Millwall out of position only to have no runs being made and in the end he had to pass to avoid being tackled.

It was the teams lack of movement that made JCR look bad

I agree he was one of the better players today. I would have taken sproule off and played jcr out wide. He has skill can beat his man and cross a ball

surely we now can see that for all sprules pace he just cant deliver crosses , he gives fans a lift when he gets his head down and goes but that is his problem he runs with his head down and just runs up blind alleys. i like him but never a championship winger sorry ivan . we need a winger who goes past and crosses thats all nothing else just go past and cross its up to forwards to get in box.

JCR shouldn't have come off and should of played out wide ahead of Ivan (MoM WTF???!!!)

As for the new boys,

Hunt was decent IMO and had a very good 1st half.

James did nothing wrong, couldn't have done much with any of the goals.

Stewart impressed me particularly 1st half, despite a sending off (which I genuinely thought was harsh.)

Adomah blew hot and cold for me, not a great game but showed glimpses and has something to offer this season no doubt.

McAllister and Sproule were woeful, Clarkson did nothing but considering the 'service' he received you can hardly blame him.

I agree with the majority that JCR was our only decent attacking player. He looked lost in the middle at the start, but then settled and in a poor team was the only bright spark. Ivan was not at the races and JCR should have taken his place out wide. I had great hopes for Ivan to finally fulfill his potential this season, but it was not his day today. I would much prefer to see JCR out wide and based on todays performance...oh my god I'm going to say it... Lee Johnson would have been better in the middle.

For me, Ivan Sproule was our best player today. and deserved Man of the Match.

Many say he didn't get any good deliveries in today but Millwall knew he was our danger man and had 2-3 players around him everytime he had or looked like getting the ball but he was still our main threat going forward.

If we'd had other options going on in other areas of the pitch he would have got more space to do his thing.

Millwall knew if they stopped him they pretty much stopped City as an attacking force.

Ivan is one of the most skilful and quickest players at the club, lose him and in my opinion we will have plenty to worry about.

I'd agree with the last post about Sproule, 'Wall constantly had two or three on him, and were kicking him in the air all afternoon. He did the best he could, and would have been easy for him to "disappear" after being given treatment like that, but he kept going and had 2 or 3 shots, more than anyone else I can remember!

I thought JCR should have been removed at half time, simply because I thought 442 was the way to go, with Vokes up top with Clarkson. Sproule was doing ok, and Adomah looked like he could be a handful. Unfortunately though, we never really got to see 442 with a target man, as Vokes was off before he even kicked a ball in anger.

The 433 or whatever it was in the first half was an embarassment, no movement, no width, no strength, no tempo and no ambition.

JCR... what exactly did he do? Frankly, not a great deal. What did he set up? What did he make happen? Not up to it imo.

Not saying he played well, because none of players did. But he was trying to make things happen & taking players on, alot better than the rest of the team!

Saying that I would have preferred him playing out wide

For me, Ivan Sproule was our best player today. and deserved Man of the Match.

Many say he didn't get any good deliveries in today but Millwall knew he was our danger man and had 2-3 players around him everytime he had or looked like getting the ball but he was still our main threat going forward.

If we'd had other options going on in other areas of the pitch he would have got more space to do his thing.

Millwall knew if they stopped him they pretty much stopped City as an attacking force.

Ivan is one of the most skilful and quickest players at the club, lose him and in my opinion we will have plenty to worry about.

First half he did okay, but 2nd did nothing - should have went off instead of JCR

Archived