IGNORED

Congrats To Millwall

screech

I know we were extremely poor today from front to back but I have to say credit to the way Millwall played today, it reminded me of how we approached our first season back in this league, high tempo, closing down everywhere on the pitch, putting bodies on the line to stop shots going in and playing without any fear.

They fully deserved all 3 points and it hopefully is a wakeup call to the delusional fans amongst us who were booking their overnight stay for next season in Chelsea B&B's. Steve Coppell mentioned in his interview on the radio he was as anxious to see how good we really were, I think it's plain to see we dont have sufficient quality in the squad.

Anyway good to see a decent team match their support and it's a shame that another big crowd today got served up the worst performance since Cardiff last season. When all our injured players are back I hope we have the energy and passion that Millwall showed us today, hard to know where either of us will end up in May, were we that bad or were they that good?

Came away wondering what I had witnessed, where was the shape, effort, quality, pace, leadership and desire. We had injuries and a lot of new players on the pitch, I would hope by middle of September we will be seeing a revamped team.

Hats off to Marlon Jackson who produced the only notable bit of skill in the 90 minutes

Millwall were a top class team.

The fully deserved their 3 points and I won't be surprised to see them near the playoffs come the end of the season.

Having said that, they won't play much worse teams than they played today.

Millwall were a top class team.

The fully deserved their 3 points and I won't be surprised to see them near the playoffs come the end of the season.

Having said that, they won't play much worse teams than they played today.

Well put, I'd agree entirely, they can only play whats in front of them, we have become very soft at home over the last two years,they may end up having one of those seasons that we had, cos lets face it no one will look forward to playing at the Den and I think there physical ability will enable them to pick up some wins on the road

Fairly even first half until the goal, although I was thinking they looked the more likely to score the first one!

Oh well... You can never look too much into the first game of the season!

For example, Norwich last season, and Reading on their promotion season!

Enough said me thinks, proper like... (Sorry for the badly done Terry Crouch impression there!)

Archived