IGNORED

We Need To Spend More Money!

bangers

Im sorry but after todays crap WHY HAVENT WE SPENT MONEY ON QUALITY????

Look at all those teams fighting with us for promotion, they have all spent MONEY on PROVEN QUALITY something we haven't done....why not spend a few million on players like Ross Wallace etc? Proven CLASS who are good enough to play at the highest level???

All this talk of City being sensible etcetc, but as far as im concerned we need to spend SOME money on footballers good enough to the highest level.....otherwise we are going to be stuck in mid-table for the next 5 years.

Also, can't see huge changes in results with a more available squad.....we have no creativity, NO DOUBT WE WONT FORK OUT THE NECERSSARY CASH TO GE THE QUALITY IN.

i think a few additions are a priority - lb, lw and a creative cm. Where we get them from though i don't know. It's all very well looking to spend but who can we attract? Realistically?

Realistily? Teams like Preston, Cardiff, Palarse were ****** financially, as well as SheffWed,P'boro, and Plymouth relegated.....George Boyd? available for what, 1.5mil? Goalscorer and creator? Marlon Harewood upfront? SURELY A BETTER BET THAN CLARKSON??!

If we had put in DECENT bids for players from any of the ABOVE clubs we would have got some decent players....Why not fork out 2 million for Darren Ambrose??? WE HAVE THE MONEY FOR 1 or 2 QUALITY SIGNINGS

Realistily? Teams like Preston, Cardiff, Palarse were ****** financially, as well as SheffWed,P'boro, and Plymouth relegated.....George Boyd? available for what, 1.5mil? Goalscorer and creator? Marlon Harewood upfront? SURELY A BETTER BET THAN CLARKSON??!

If we had put in DECENT bids for players from any of the ABOVE clubs we would have got some decent players....Why not fork out 2 million for Darren Ambrose??? WE HAVE THE MONEY FOR 1 or 2 QUALITY SIGNINGS

NO WE DON`T.

SL has the money, without a doubt, but we as a club do not. Take a look at the books for the past few years, as far back as you like.

Whether or not we should be expecting SL to cough up more of his money is another thing entirely.

More to the point, given the condition of the 1st team squad as it is, its a bit rash to be screaming these kinds of statements from the rooftops...or in caps. We have quality in the squad albeit most of it wasn`t available today. Yes we could still do with strengthening in areas but lets not get too despondent eh. Calm down there fella.

PDG

NO WE DON`T.

SL has the money, without a doubt, but we as a club do not. Take a look at the books for the past few years, as far back as you like.

Whether or not we should be expecting SL to cough up more of his money is another thing entirely.

More to the point, given the condition of the 1st team squad as it is, its a bit rash to be screaming these kinds of statements from the rooftops...or in caps. We have quality in the squad albeit most of it wasn`t available today. Yes we could still do with strengthening in areas but lets not get too despondent eh. Calm down there fella.

PDG

With a full strength squad, we STILL lack the creativity and class to challenge at the top.....A midfield of Elliott, Skuse and Sproule will create NOTHING.

NO WE DON`T.

PDG

Well said that man.

Guest ITKBCFC

Bollocks to spending like Cardiff....we have money, and quality was available....We want promotion....THIS SQUAD ISNT GOOD ENOUGH.

...and when that money potentially runs out and we fail then what, financial trouble? :protest:

Sign......more stupid knee jerk reactions

We've signed quality. James, hunt and cisse all experiemced players at higher level, Stewart - quality player at this level, young Albert up and coming young player who was one of our best players.

It's a new teams many players need to adjust to others styles and the team needs to gel

Also. When you have quality players out such as Haynes, cisse and maynardall out, your going to have problems

If you comment was made after 10games it would be worth listening too, at. The moment it's just stupid knee jerk reactions

The same Danny Haynes who has a goal ratio of 1 every 6.5 games? He is a good, solid footballer but not QUALITY as is Cisse who couldn't get into the Reading team....why pay 600,000 for a defensive midfielder when we can spend double for Hoolahan or Wallace or Commons etc....

This wouldn;t be an issue if people wouldnt go on about promotion. Fact is we are a MIDTABLE TEAM.....Nothing more, nothing lesss.

Considering Haynes was played as a winger for most of the games i think he did ok. He runs his socks off and then some. His delivery is better than Sproule and he is not a one trick pony (Ivans kick and chase trick) When played up front I feel he and Maynard have a good understanding and play well together

I hope some of you are not like this with your own money! We are losing heaps each season, and whilst we may not have spent too much this summer in terms of transfer fees, we have added to the wage bill significantly just by signing DJ. At some point we are going to have to stop wasting SL's money, do some sensible rebuilding, and have a Manager who is prepared to work on a realistic budget.

Early days yet, but if we are mid-lower table at Christmas, I can see DJ moving on, for the sake of both his career and our finances.

I hope some of you are not like this with your own money! We are losing heaps each season, and whilst we may not have spent too much this summer in terms of transfer fees, we have added to the wage bill significantly just by signing DJ. At some point we are going to have to stop wasting SL's money, do some sensible rebuilding, and have a Manager who is prepared to work on a realistic budget.

Early days yet, but if we are mid-lower table at Christmas, I can see DJ moving on, for the sake of both his career and our finances.

Yer, don't think we are in any position to spend spend spend even tho we would like to. Personally I think that things are progressing, the injuries are a major disappointment but I still think (for example) Hunt did as well as he did badly, Adomah looked good and there were some positives there........

The message from SL is a weird one at times; new stadium and Premier League ambitions but on a realistic budget. I am not sure that is possible in this crazy game ?! Best get down the gate and buy even more shirts and hot dogs people :laugh::surrender::chant6ez: :chant6ez: :preacher:

Guest Parson St Station

Im sorry but after todays crap WHY HAVENT WE SPENT MONEY ON QUALITY????

Look at all those teams fighting with us for promotion, they have all spent MONEY on PROVEN QUALITY something we haven't done....why not spend a few million on players like Ross Wallace etc? Proven CLASS who are good enough to play at the highest level???

All this talk of City being sensible etcetc, but as far as im concerned we need to spend SOME money on footballers good enough to the highest level.....otherwise we are going to be stuck in mid-table for the next 5 years.

Also, can't see huge changes in results with a more available squad.....we have no creativity, NO DOUBT WE WONT FORK OUT THE NECERSSARY CASH TO GE THE QUALITY IN.

One Game...One forking game and you cnuts start already.

Listen you dumb shit, the defence aren't on first name basis yet...cohesion starts from the back.We have 6 or 7 significant players unavailiable for various reasons.

Give it time you plank.

This is what shits me.

People like you. :ranting:

Forgotten Div's 3 and 4 have you?

How long its taken to slowly rise back up to the Championship?

Try this on you sad sack of excrement.

New stadium on way.

David James...best Goalkeeper in Division. Add in Maynard, Cisse, Hunt, Stewart, Volkes, Adohmah....And thats STILL not enough for you??

Remember the Aston Gate Eight, you mug because god help us, if SL walks because of cnuts like you then we will make Portsmouth look like a fortune 100 company.

GIVE IT TIME FOR ***** SAKE.

And remember that Steve Coppell has forgotten more about football management than you will ever know.

If you really want to help....don't post shit like this on here...make an appointment at AG and tell the chairman to his face that he is a tight-fisted git who does nothing to help BCFC.

Pathetic.

Absolutely Pathetic. :badmood:

I take it your willng to put a couple of million in for these players are you? Otherwise where do these players come from, bearing in mind we are currently loseing £6 million per season!

i think it was more like 8million last year, well they are the kind of players you need to take you further, especially now hartley has gone.

I think the main issues facing BCFC are, money + Ambition + realism + fact

Ambition, OK we want a new 30,000 stadium where are all these extra fans going to come from?

Ambition. Ok we want prem football.

MONEY. to get in the quality players we clearly need, we must spend more on wages and more on transfers,

Money. we do not generate the kind of money required to bring in the quality players needed, so how can we possibly bring in these players, bcfc will pay 10k per week, tops and the type of players required are on at least 20k, so its only a dream.

Realism, BCFC do not have the money to compete with the top clubs in this division so we have no choice but to barter and bring in free transfers and loan sigings, this will always lead to frustration.

FACT. it is silly for the fans to talk about prem football, it is however a dream for all of us and if Coppell can work his magic and bring in a couple of quality loanees we may then get there, this team is miles away and we cant afford to bring in these players, we have a great chairman who keeps BCFC in control, Most of the big clubs have had Chairman who simply chuck millions at their clubs, I would not expect SL to do that, would you.

One Game...One forking game and you cnuts start already.

Listen you dumb shit, the defence aren't on first name basis yet...cohesion starts from the back.We have 6 or 7 significant players unavailiable for various reasons.

Give it time you plank.

This is what shits me.

People like you. :ranting:

Forgotten Div's 3 and 4 have you?

How long its taken to slowly rise back up to the Championship?

Try this on you sad sack of excrement.

New stadium on way.

David James...best Goalkeeper in Division. Add in Maynard, Cisse, Hunt, Stewart, Volkes, Adohmah....And thats STILL not enough for you??

Remember the Aston Gate Eight, you mug because god help us, if SL walks because of cnuts like you then we will make Portsmouth look like a fortune 100 company.

GIVE IT TIME FOR ***** SAKE.

And remember that Steve Coppell has forgotten more about football management than you will ever know.

If you really want to help....don't post shit like this on here...make an appointment at AG and tell the chairman to his face that he is a tight-fisted git who does nothing to help BCFC.

Pathetic.

Absolutely Pathetic. :badmood:

Not good enough for us to challenge. We have no creativity in the squad with the exception of Williams WHO IS NOT CONSISTANT at this level....why didn't we go for Boyd when Peterborough went down? Prob wouldn't come to us now .

Ultimately we are clearly not good enough for promotion, WE ARE COMPLETELY RELIANT ON MAYNARD....without him we are midtable.....who knows judging on that shit yesterday maybe we are relegation candidates.

Oh dear. Can someone remind me, are we one game into the season?, with almost double figures first teamers out injured, a new manager largely inheriting someone else team and players who barely even know each others name yet? Yeah thought so. We have played just one game. Hardly time to start throwing money at the situation!

Archived