IGNORED

England Squad Vs Hungary

Big Stan Hibbert

Cannot for the life of me understand why he has retained Gerrard and Lampard. Both have consistently under performed at international level and at their age, not sure they have it in them.

Central defence looks very dodgy too. Terry (bottles the big occasions) and no obvious partner.

I'd put 11 of the young uns out there for qualifying. Time for serious change.

Id imagine he wont want to can all the experienced players off immediately as he will want to keep a bit of continuity for when he uses them in qualifiers

If i was him id go for a experienced 11 and a young 11, mixing them up as need be depending on importance of game

A far more reasonable approach than mine... ha ha.

I'd get rid of the lot of them. Well apart from DJ of course. :innocent06:

Capello is being a bit of a mug here.

Who can blame players like Paul Robinson and Wes Brown for saying thanks, but no thanks.

If I was a player overlooked for the world cup, then given a token gesture call-up for a pointless friendly, I'd tell him to do one to.

Let's be honest, no-one is suggesting that Robinson or Brown are seriously in contention for their respective places.

It's a piss-take of a situation and fair play to them for saying no, if I wasn't good enough before the world cup, then that's the end of that.

Fair play to brown and robbo

As for the squad. Joke

Drop Terry after his world cup commented - he'd never play for England again if it was done to me

As for lampard/gerrarx, non problem if they are both in the squad, as long as they ain't both in the starting line up together,, 3/4 managers have tried to make it work and its hasn't choose which one is on form and bench the other

Archived