IGNORED

Dutch/czech Fans

red badger

Putting aside the disturbing nature of the irresponsible rumours spread on here last night - and thanks to Dollymarie and Tom F for their common sense - can I follow up a question posed on the post now locked and not really answered....what exactly is the nature of the relationship with fans of Willem 2 and Sparta Prague? I've never come across either side...have we ever played them? What interest have their fans in our club? And why does mention of them come into comment on a City home match with Millwall?

Yea that surprised me a little bit, there was all this mention of dutch fans but I never heard of anything before the game about them coming over, maybe the connection is more to do with Millwall than with us, perhaps they when they played in the UEFA cup a few years ago they had some sort of issue with Dutch fans

It's not just the Millwall games they come too, the Tilburg lads are a good bunch and have been coming for a good few years now the Czech lads (2) came over for the weekend I think, few of the young uns went over for the Prague Derby and now are hosting the Sparta lads.

Thanks

Yep, the Dutch lads are brilliant, they come over for most of our big games.

Made me laugh at Millwall a few years back, we were all being interviewed and photographed coming out of a pub in Whitechapel and the faces of the Old Bill when the Dutch lads gave their names and addresses was hilarious.

BCAGFC

The one lad yesterday looked ill as hell he was properly jaundiced but seemingly happy to just be in Bristol and part of the buzz, they are a good laugh for sure.

Am I the only one that is slightly depressed that a bunch of thugs coming over from foreign nations for a ruck against Millwall are subject to a love-in on this thread? Apologies if I have got the wrong end of the stick, but it looks pretty clear to me that this lot came for one reason, and it wasn't to enjoy the football. I might be wrong, but guessing I'm not. If they were here for that reason then they are not welcome back again. The conduct of City and Millwall yesterday was totally embarrassing, dangerous and distressing. Games like that are the reason that many still (legitimately) view football as a sport which is yet to confront the problem of hooliganism full on. It was an awful day for all, and I don't see why we should be praising the 'lads' that came over for the 'buzz'

They came over for a few beers and too enjoy the English atmosphere at the football, unless of course YOU SAW them doing any different?

If they are simply innocent football fans that came over to watch Bristol City vs Millwall and have a few beers then I take back what I say 100%. Big 'if' though.

Archived