IGNORED

The Missing 8?

Wellred007

I thought the team looked fairly disorganised and seemed to panic yesterday. I a player who is not first choice is thrust in to the limelight they may be lacking confidence, having DJ behind them may serve to intensify the stress. Add to that a top manager and full house then I can see why some of the players looked apprehensive.

So, getting to my point......

Could someone explain to mr exactly which players were 'first choice' yesterday and which would be replaced by currently injured players?

If we put our full strength team out then hopefully they will have the strength to cope with these pressures as this what could be required if we get to play off / promotion contention.

I reckon we will prob set up like this once players bed in and injuries settle down

-----------------------James-------------------------

Hunt--------Stewart ------Fonts--- McCallister

Adomah---- Skuse------ Elliot-------JCR------

----------------Haynes---Maynard-----------------

So that would be both strikers missing, both wingers playing in different positions than yesterday, and although i think defence will be same they havent played much together so they should steadily improve with games you would hope :fingerscrossed:

I reckon we will prob set up like this once players bed in and injuries settle down

So that would be both strikers missing, both wingers playing in different positions than yesterday, and although i think defence will be same they havent played much together so they should steadily improve with games you would hope :fingerscrossed:

Sorry Carey would go straight in, instead of Fonts, would also sign another midfielder with more experience then Skuse.

Then i would find a younger LB for McCallister.

But we all see different things about players.

On yesterday's showing, Elliott and Skuse aren't good enough playing together. Think Elloitt should be reserve if we can bring in a creative midfielder (or Williams is given a chance and takes it). Need someone who can pass and unlock defences. Don't think it'll happen but would love it if McAuley came in to replace Fonts too. Think we're stuck with McAllister for another year.

Cant argue with a lot written but I would also add that whilst Marv and Skusy didnt have their best games Ivan and Albert are hardly effective midfield players when the other team have the ball so there were times especially when we had to go searching for goals when Cole and Marvin were up against FIVE in midfield!!!

Personally I think that we should have reverted to a 4-4-2 from a minimum of the start of the second half by bringing either Lee J. or Gavin Williams on and taking off one of the wingers? Also Clarkson clearly needed more support up front and to often Sproule and Adomah were crossing past each other as they kept swapping wings???

Sorry SC but I thought yesterdays tactics were a shambles.

I'll get my coat...................

Surely to god Cisse will prove to be better than Skuse or Elliott?

Cant argue with a lot written but I would also add that whilst Marv and Skusy didnt have their best games Ivan and Albert are hardly effective midfield players when the other team have the ball so there were times especially when we had to go searching for goals when Cole and Marvin were up against FIVE in midfield!!!

Personally I think that we should have reverted to a 4-4-2 from a minimum of the start of the second half by bringing either Lee J. or Gavin Williams on and taking off one of the wingers? Also Clarkson clearly needed more support up front and to often Sproule and Adomah were crossing past each other as they kept swapping wings???

Sorry SC but I thought yesterdays tactics were a shambles.

No need to get your coat mate, I would say you are pretty much spot on.

I would put fonts LB .. would not play adomah, and change the formation

Without Carey we don't have a Taylor/Millen type at the back to Marshall the defence. I'd get Carey back in asap or sign someone who can do that job. The player required doesn't have to be the best defender in the world, but would ideally have plenty of experience and organisational skills.

It was crying out for Carey to organize the defence, Nicky Hunt looked unfit and shouldn't have played,

and we won't score many without Maynard.

Things can only get better!

Be glad when Haynes & Maynard are back but we need more attacking opsions cant relie on Maynard all the time

----------------------James-------------------------

Hunt--------Stewart ------Carrey--- Mcallister

Adomah---- Skuse--cisse---- Elliot-------JCR------

-------------------Maynard-----------------

james- a experienced rock at the back a obvious choice

hunt - more ecperience and a great player but not fit!

Stewart- not seen much of him but what iv herd he beats what we've got

Carrey- in my opinion he is gell! he holds are deffence together single handedly there is deffo 2 beter centre abck than him at are club but with out him in the side none of are deffence peform

Mcalister is a player i rate i also belive hunt wont get foward as much as he used to so we need to make sure both are full backs stay back and play a flat back 4

Adomah- I seen quite a bit of this young lad, and i rate him alot!

Skuse- was are best player last season couldn't be with out him, with out hartley he is even more important

Cisse- Hes tall hes strong and quite deffensive he would sit well infront of our deffence

Elliot - a player i also rate though could be swapped with haynes to go 4-4-2

JCR - has a bit of spark hes small and fast and just provides something different

maynard our only chance is scoring

I personally dont see the point in 4-4-2 with city, i hate it when teams play with one striker but i see it as are only option , were weak at the back. we need all the help we can get and haynes looks useless at helping maynard. skuse can set the game a light with killer passses to both JCR and Adomah and oiously maynard so i personally belive this formation would work very well. the only points i have are 3 deffensive centre mids and mcallister/fonts is a close call

but football is a game of opinions and feel free to slag my idea of

It was not Hunts lack of fitnes that worried me - it was his lack of touch, passing and vision - I thought he was very very poor - I know first game, ex Prem etc , give him a chance (and I will ) but on an honset assesment he looked way of the pace Saturday (and I know he was not alone)

Archived