IGNORED

James

Pete1975Legend

As the forum knows I am not a huge Skuse fan, but surely people must agree that he isn't up to being a captain at the moment. He was even quieter than Carey and thats saying something. For me the one person that seemed to be shouting and organising was David James. He did the job at Portsmouth and you only had to look at some of his frustration with what was happening in front of him to see that a verbal lashing was coming for those higher up the pitch.

So let Skuse concentrate on getting better as a footballer rather than hand him more responsibility.

I think Coppell should admit he got that wrong and hand the captaincy over to James for the time being.

Thoughts?

After one game you make that statement? Oh dear !

I have to agree with pete, the captain needs presence on the pitch. James provides that both physically and verbally, it is a bit like Carey vs Hartley last season - in my opinion Hartley performed the captain's role far better than Carey (even though he was not captain).

After one game you make that statement? Oh dear !

To be fair, you could have made that statement before the Millwall game, he isnt a captain. Skuse is a decent player......but he isnt as good as what some people make out. He is tidy, he goes about his job......but never over excels in my eyes. Ok, he may have one player of the year or whatever last year, but that was more down to the fact so many players under performed. As Ive stated in another post....he reminds me of a classier Joe Burnell.

As for captain, no chance. He doesnt influence a game enough when in possession, and he doesnt appear to have the personality to influence the game when hes not in possession . 1-0 down at half time....I just cant see Cole being the sort of player to say/do something at half time to bring spirits up and get a reaction

As i posted in another thread on here the other day - it doesn't matter a jot who wears the armband. Not a jot. It's only this country that actually sees who is the captain as important. On the continent they just give it to the senior player. It's a token gesture and nothing more. Natural leaders will bark their orders on the pitch anyway. They don't need an armband on to flick their switch. Look at John Terry after he lost the England captaincy. It didn't shut him up on the pitch.

To summarise: who gives a toss who is captain? It doesn't mean anything in terms of the game

Captaincy works different in professional football look at Liverpool Steven Gerard where's the armband but when it comes to decisions jamie carragher makes them , even highway said carragher leads liverpool, but this is similar to city Skuse shows of home made talent , it shows we are a side that relies on what we make! and ti shows to the 100's of academy players we have that you can be the next skuse and if you work hard you can captain the club you love. at the end of the day the goal keeper we will captain his defence that's his job they are all pro's they no who to listen to!

As i posted in another thread on here the other day - it doesn't matter a jot who wears the armband. Not a jot. It's only this country that actually sees who is the captain as important. On the continent they just give it to the senior player. It's a token gesture and nothing more. Natural leaders will bark their orders on the pitch anyway. They don't need an armband on to flick their switch. Look at John Terry after he lost the England captaincy. It didn't shut him up on the pitch.

To summarise: who gives a toss who is captain? It doesn't mean anything in terms of the game

Exactly. People who think who the captain is is important obviously have never played football at a half decent level.

I think they assume whoever isn't captain just walks around silently. If James wants his defence to know something, he isn't going to wait till half time, tell Skuse, then hope Skuse tells them, he'll tell them himself.

If anything I think Skuse was made captain as a confidence booster.

Archived