IGNORED

Haynes

Derk94

For a whole season Johnson was playing Haynes in either right wing OR striker. Where do you actually think he fulfills his potential the most? I do not see him as a striker and therefore think we seriously need to splash the cash on a good partner for Maynard. Haynes is 100% capable as shown last season, particularly against the Baggies. I would play either Haynes or Adomah on the right and JCR on the left.

What are your opinions?

Funny really that you don't see him as a Striker because that's where I do see him. I think he's happier up there and his pace can cause the bigger taller defenders quite a problem when he gets the right service.

Different person, different opinion. No doubt Coppell has something in mind for him. Definately a better option than Clarkson.

I dont think he has the physical or technical prescense to be a striker. If we are to get promoted we definately need a new striker i.e. Kitson.

Think the promotion talk is a little premature right now to be honest.

For a whole season Johnson was playing Haynes in either right wing OR striker. Where do you actually think he fulfills his potential the most? I do not see him as a striker and therefore think we seriously need to splash the cash on a good partner for Maynard. Haynes is 100% capable as shown last season, particularly against the Baggies. I would play either Haynes or Adomah on the right and JCR on the left.

What are your opinions?

My opinion is that if were going to "splash the cash" then there are more urgent requirements than strikers - just because our best strikers are out injured doesn't mean we have to spend big money bringing in similar talent - Coppell has this right, using the loan market.

My opinion of Haynes is that he is a better player when he is used as a striker but relative to others in the squad he is best played out on the wing.

I'm a massive fan of Danny, in my opinion he's at his best out on the wing, I'd rather see him on the right over Ivan any day.

I would love to see someone brought in that could do the job at this level and kitson is proven. SL has spoke of the ambition of this club with reaching the PL and we need this sort of calibre to make a push, we've started with James and Hunt and we need to build on that.

I don't understand why it's so bad to talk about promotion this year? What are we in the championship for? To make up the numbers? No were there to compete...otherwise what would be the point?

If we play a front 3 this season, then i'd like to see him on either side of Maynard with Adomah or JCR on the other. If we play 2 up then either the wing or the bench. Danny has many good qualities but sticking the ball in the net isn't really one of them and we don't create enough chances to for many of them to be wasted. If anyone can turn him into a quality winger then it'd be former England wide-man, Steve Coppell:fingerscrossed:

He is a striker, he can play out wide as well. Although he can be very frustrating, especially when it comes to his finishing, he is a decent player, not only for his own threat but because he helps Maynard. When the two of them play Haynes can draw defenders to him and create space for Maynard, which is of course where he's at his most deadly. I see him as a striker, who can play out wide if needed.

He is a striker, he can play out wide as well. Although he can be very frustrating, especially when it comes to his finishing, he is a decent player, not only for his own threat but because he helps Maynard. When the two of them play Haynes can draw defenders to him and create space for Maynard, which is of course where he's at his most deadly. I see him as a striker, who can play out wide if needed.

I'd agree with that. If Haynes can improve on his finishing and gain more confidence in front of goal, he could easily get 10-15 a season rather than 5-10. When him and Maynard play together they cause the vast majority of Championship defences big problems. Out wide he is also effective, but he plays best up front IMHO.

on the right as a front three would be the best. the lad has frighting pace which will murder any full back in this league

If its about pace murdering fullbacks... Why can't Sproule do this?

IMO, Haynes offers something different on the right but i would prefere him up top with Maynard... Both have pace and i think as somebody stated above, Haynes will draw defenders away from Maynard.

I would personally play 4-4-2 with Haynes Partnering Maynard :)

See, this is what i dont get.... Why do people still think about the Haynes/Maynard partnership? To me this shows we are not moving forward enough. I think we NEED to spend some cash on a new striker to partner Maynard, and then for Haynes to become a better player on the right with the help of Coppell. He is not prolific enough to be a striker. He COULD be, but that would take time that we haven't got.

We need to splash another 2/3 Million, like we did for Maynard IMO. Or at least take a player on loan for a season, for example Jay Emanuell-Thomas from Arsenal, or Sturridge, or Macheda etc. I don't just mean top 4 clubs, we could do with someone like Moses from Wigan...

IMO, Haynes offers something different on the right but i would prefere him up top with Maynard... Both have pace and i think as somebody stated above, Haynes will draw defenders away from Maynard.

Sproule does murder fullbacks, he just has a poor final product. Sproule runs past defenders countless times in games it's his finishing and final ball that let him down.

See, this is what i dont get.... Why do people still think about the Haynes/Maynard partnership? To me this shows we are not moving forward enough. I think we NEED to spend some cash on a new striker to partner Maynard, and then for Haynes to become a better player on the right with the help of Coppell. He is not prolific enough to be a striker. He COULD be, but that would take time that we haven't got.

We need to splash another 2/3 Million, like we did for Maynard IMO. Or at least take a player on loan for a season, for example Jay Emanuell-Thomas from Arsenal, or Sturridge, or Macheda etc. I don't just mean top 4 clubs, we could do with someone like Moses from Wigan...

For a start Emmanuel-Thomas, Macheda and Sturridge are not allowed to go out on loan so that rules them out. I'd have thought Moses will be used a fair bit as well and I'd be very surprised to learn that Martinez is happy to ship him out.

I see the point you're making, I just disagree. Splashing the cash is not always the answer, besides who would you want? The likes of Kitson and Chopra who have been mentioned will not only cost a hefty fee but will also expect a high wage, and both will be overpriced imo, although should Cardiff's financial situation not improve they may be forced to sell. Haynes and Maynard scored 27 league goals between them last season, a decent return. Maynard is clearly an excellent player, but he needs to have the right partner to excel, I personally don't think he'd perform as well alongside Kitson. My main worry is that Maynard's injury does not clear up quickly, in which case bringing in another striker may prove neccessary, especially sonsidering Vokes now faces a spell on the sidelines.

Out of interest who would you like to see us buy, and how much do you believe they'd cost?

Sproule started putting in crosses last season to more sucess, he seems to have finally realised he doesn't need to be a headless chicken on the wing with the ball by making it to the edge of the box asap, he took his time on the ball.

Haynes I would say is a striker who can play wide just as well. However to progress to the next level we will eventually need to find someone better than Haynes to partner Maynard.

For me atm when all available:

...................... James ........................

Hunt .......... Carey ....... Stewart .... McAllister

...................... Cisse ........................

............... Skuse ....... Elliott ...............

Haynes ....................................... Adomah

..................... Maynard ........................

spoule has horse blinkers on most of the time, only takes them off now and again

For a start Emmanuel-Thomas, Macheda and Sturridge are not allowed to go out on loan so that rules them out. I'd have thought Moses will be used a fair bit as well and I'd be very surprised to learn that Martinez is happy to ship him out.

I see the point you're making, I just disagree. Splashing the cash is not always the answer, besides who would you want? The likes of Kitson and Chopra who have been mentioned will not only cost a hefty fee but will also expect a high wage, and both will be overpriced imo, although should Cardiff's financial situation not improve they may be forced to sell. Haynes and Maynard scored 27 league goals between them last season, a decent return. Maynard is clearly an excellent player, but he needs to have the right partner to excel, I personally don't think he'd perform as well alongside Kitson. My main worry is that Maynard's injury does not clear up quickly, in which case bringing in another striker may prove neccessary, especially sonsidering Vokes now faces a spell on the sidelines.

Out of interest who would you like to see us buy, and how much do you believe they'd cost?

Considering the circumstances, i think we definately do need to spend big on a new striker if Maynard is out till december. Or see if we can get a 6 month deal for a good quality striker and not someone like Vokes. If we could spark a deal to bring an unused player from a top half team, e.g. Diouf from united who has just been loaned to blackburn for the season, or Jason Roberts etc.

To answer your question.....

If i were to buy a player it would possibly be Bothroyd for around 2 mill?! Chopra is not consistent enough and he is a tw4t.

Considering the circumstances, i think we definately do need to spend big on a new striker if Maynard is out till december. Or see if we can get a 6 month deal for a good quality striker and not someone like Vokes. If we could spark a deal to bring an unused player from a top half team, e.g. Diouf from united who has just been loaned to blackburn for the season, or Jason Roberts etc.

To answer your question.....

If i were to buy a player it would possibly be Bothroyd for around 2 mill?! Chopra is not consistent enough and he is a tw4t.

I must admit with the news that Maynard will be out for a long period following surgery it is definitely more of a concern now. Bothyrod for 2 million would be a superb signing and I think he's one of the most underrated players in the league, I'd have him over Chopra as well. Would they sell for that price is a different matter, although considering their financial situation it'd be encouraging to see us follow in the footsteps of Ipswich (who are signing McCormack) and test their resolve on the likes of Whittingham and Bothroyd. I can't think of too many loan signings who would do the trick but looking at our squad right now I agree that we are looking seriously short of options up front.

Archived