IGNORED

Maynard Out Till Dec

pocketscrot

Well we have no creativity, and without Maynard no goalscorers......where are the goals going to come from?

R word is a bit excessive, im sure at this early stage we could still buy our way out of trouble (sensibly) there are alot of teams in worse situation resource wise than us.

The way Johnson wasted our money on awful strikers and made our squad unbalanced, it was always gonna take Coppell either a lot of time or a lot of money to sort it.

Seeing as Lansdown clearly doesn't want to spend as much as he has done previously this year we're going to have to give Coppell a season to sort this mess out.

I'll be delighted if we retain our championship status for next season. January and the summer are going to be so important to this club. Players like Styvar, Macca, Clarky (perhaps) Akinde and Lewin need to be shipped.

we then need to focus on bringing players with a bit of quality to the club in key positions. We have arguably the best striker in the division, and we have the best keeper in the division. not too mention the stregth we have in teh centre of midfield (holding, box to box players anyway)

When I say quality however, I don't mean BIG NAMES!!!! I mean players who actually do something for the team! Ryan Harley would be a fantastic addition, and signing proffesional lads like him will only help our cause.

It's a season of transition, as we need to ammend all the panic buys and dross tactics Johnson instilled into this team in the last 18 months of his tenure.

God knows our fickle fans won't like it, But its just the way it's going to be.

Could be a few weeks though, so he could be back by September. I think that December is a bit pessimistic. :fingerscrossed:

I really hope he is back in september, but as that it is 20 days away, he is hardly going to be under the knife, and then out training 2 weeks later. he will also need 2 weeks to get match fit when back in training.

R word is a bit excessive, im sure at this early stage we could still buy our way out of trouble (sensibly) there are alot of teams in worse situation resource wise than us.

Yes, but what im saying is that IF WE DONT GET ANOTHER STRIKER....AND MAYNARD IS INJURED FOR A LARGE CHUNK OF THE SEASON....then we are relegation candidates.

The way Johnson wasted our money on awful strikers and made our squad unbalanced, it was always gonna take Coppell either a lot of time or a lot of money to sort it.

Seeing as Lansdown clearly doesn't want to spend as much as he has done previously this year we're going to have to give Coppell a season to sort this mess out.

I'll be delighted if we retain our championship status for next season. January and the summer are going to be so important to this club. Players like Styvar, Macca, Clarky (perhaps) Akinde and Lewin need to be shipped.

we then need to focus on bringing players with a bit of quality to the club in key positions. We have arguably the best striker in the division, and we have the best keeper in the division. not too mention the stregth we have in teh centre of midfield (holding, box to box players anyway)

When I say quality however, I don't mean BIG NAMES!!!! I mean players who actually do something for the team! Ryan Harley would be a fantastic addition, and signing proffesional lads like him will only help our cause.

It's a season of transition, as we need to ammend all the panic buys and dross tactics Johnson instilled into this team in the last 18 months of his tenure.

Some posters only gave the previous manager 9 games before delivering their opinion an opinion that they kept to end.

We need strikers now or we will be fighting relegation this year. I didn't think we would win promotion but the thought of relegation never crossed my mind.

I'm pretty patient when it comes to football, but if we are not in the Prem after 3 years I'd be very surprised.

Yer, loads of unknown workhorses out there, above all we need to stay in this league whatever it takes. Forget all this promotion candidate and top 6 stuff until we can get where we need to be!!!

Yes, but what im saying is that IF WE DONT GET ANOTHER STRIKER....AND MAYNARD IS INJURED FOR A LARGE CHUNK OF THE SEASON....then we are relegation candidates.

K dude no need to shout (even though i am deaf), Im sure we will get in another striker, we really dont have any choice with vokes out as well. I just dont think we will be relegation candidates. We have a good chairman, manager, and some good squad players. At the mo we have extremely large amount of injurys, but come sept we will be get players back and other clubs with limited resources will be losing players (hopefully). Its a marthon not a sprint. We will not get relegated. :fingerscrossed:

I really hope he is back in september, but as that it is 20 days away, he is hardly going to be under the knife, and then out training 2 weeks later. he will also need 2 weeks to get match fit when back in training.

Most surgery is 'key-hole' now and he could quite easily be training within a month and playing a couple of weeks later. I'm just trying to be optimistic, as things aren't looking too good for us at the moment. However, I still have total faith in SC and SL. Talk of relegation is pathetic at this stage. If we lose our next 3 games, I may think differently, but I don't believe that will happen.

Most surgery is 'key-hole' now and he could quite easily be training within a month and playing a couple of weeks later. I'm just trying to be optimistic, as things aren't looking too good for us at the moment. However, I still have total faith in SC and SL. Talk of relegation is pathetic at this stage. If we lose our next 3 games, I may think differently, but I don't believe that will happen.

My next question is why with all of this new technology, Has it taken so long to discover that he needs an operation?

Ha ha ha classic mate absolute classic. Crikey,remind me to steer clear of you when i need cheering up!!

So lets say Maynard is out to december.....who is going to score goals? JCR,Elliott,Skuse,Sproule......Clarkson,Haynes = No creativity and No goalscoring.

Good slant on the surgery bit, hope you are right! :dancing2:

Archived