IGNORED

Read! And Be Quiet After

Gasty bcfc

Ok, so far tonight Iv seen Steve Coppel called 'the worst manager ever' are Coachs blamed for injured players that trip over BBQ's and constant moaning

lets have some facts.

We have lost ONE league game!

in the season we were ONE game from the premier league we lost TWELVE games!

for those who struggle with numbers

thats 1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1 = 12

We also lost 15 the next season

then we lost 13 last year

Wolves lost 10 games and won the league, west brom lost 11

WE HAVE LOST ONE?

have we noticed any patterns yet? Were only 3 points of top spot!?

look positive talking about Rel****on and losing is going to help nobody

So far including pre-season we have been awful and have too many average footballers not good enough for if we are going to challenge for playoffs....there lies the problem

Pre-season matches are going to be great matches, because players are re-gaining fitness and getting used to playing with one another again. I have no idea why people are moaning on here.

Patience is a vitual

Ok, so far tonight Iv seen Steve Coppel called 'the worst manager ever' are Coachs blamed for injured players that trip over BBQ's and constant moaning

lets have some facts.

We have lost ONE league game!

in the season we were ONE game from the premier league we lost TWELVE games!

for those who struggle with numbers

thats 1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1 = 12

We also lost 15 the next season

then we lost 13 last year

Wolves lost 10 games and won the league, west brom lost 11

WE HAVE LOST ONE?

have we noticed any patterns yet? Were only 3 points of top spot!?

look positive talking about Rel****on and losing is going to help nobody

OK fine, Now answer the following.

1) Where is the next goal going to come from (against championship opponents)?

2) Who will create that goal?

3) is our defence capable of keeping clean sheets?

4) if the defence is not capable of keeping a clean sheet, are we capable of scoring enough goals to win games?

5) Does anyone believe that we are capable of winning at Doncaster?

That is what I find worrying at the moment and with Vokes and Maynard out for long stints, Do we bring in a striker to partner Akinde or Clarkson or wait for Haynes to be fit enough and hope he suddenly finds his shooting boots for the first time in his career.

The defence may well improve as players return from injury, But I can't see that at present. As far as the strikers are concerned we need a miracle to transform what we have and even if we find this elusive striker, We still need a playmaker and we need to accept that Clarkson and Sproule have both had enough chances and are not good enough, At the moment they are just making up the numbers.

I accept that the amount of injuries we have sustained is a major hindrance and i'm sorry I can't see it the way you do and I hope I am wrong, But not being able defend and not being able to score goals is a recipe for disaster.

OK fine, Now answer the following.

1) Where is the next goal going to come from (against championship opponents)?

2) Who will create that goal?

3) is our defence capable of keeping clean sheets?

4) if the defence is not capable of keeping a clean sheet, are we capable of scoring enough goals to win games?

5) Does anyone believe that we are capable of winning at Doncaster?

That is what I find worrying at the moment and with Vokes and Maynard out for long stints, Do we bring in a striker to partner Akinde or Clarkson or wait for Haynes to be fit enough and hope he suddenly finds his shooting boots for the first time in his career.

The defence may well improve as players return from injury, But I can't see that at present. As far as the strikers are concerned we need a miracle to transform what we have and even if we find this elusive striker, We still need a playmaker and we need to accept that Clarkson and Sproule have both had enough chances and are not good enough, At the moment they are just making up the numbers.

I accept that the amount of injuries we have sustained is a major hindrance and i'm sorry I can't see it the way you do and I hope I am wrong, But not being able defend and not being able to score goals is a recipe for disaster.

The next goal to start with could come from anywhere, CB CM Or Striker thats a silly question.

The goal could be created by a set piece like last night a good ball through or a piece of genius you may not rate the players in the squad pal but there pros there gonna come good at some point and if given the chance they will improve that's obvious

Yes, are defence is capable of keeping clean sheets its missing its leader and last night it was all over the place! with englands number one at the helm things will only improve but you have to learn to play together!

ofcourse we can score goals any team can, form and confidence will come soon and it will change the way we play! theres is nothing coppel can do except the fact they need to find their feet themselves.

if you don't think we can win at donny don't go . it's simple im sure man utd will be on sky sports 1

Yes, are defence is capable of keeping clean sheets its missing its leader

Who is this missing leader?

You can't mean the bloke who almost silently, and showing no inspiration whatsoever, captained City to those ignominious massacres that Cardiff and Doncaster inflicted on us surely?

Now Hartley's gone we have nobody even resembling a leader left in the squad and it's absolutely vital we sign a couple of that type extremely urgently.

Can you not see though that it is not the results that make people frustrated, everyone accepts that we will lose games, what I and I'm sure other fans can't get our heads round is the fact that we have 11 professional footballers representing our club that struggle to pass the ball to each other, never manage to put quality crosses into the box(or even bad ones) and seem to stand back and allow opposition players to run at them all day long.

I was sat there watching that last night with so much frustration it actually made sitting in traffic on the way up seem more entertaining, I know we are not at full strength as everyone likes to keep reminding us, but let's look at the last two games, would losing 1-0 at Home to a newly promoted team having had a spell of pressure where we missed a few chances towards the end not have been better than a 3-0 mauling by a side who simply got the basics right and wanted it more than our 11 who are supposidly playing for there places under the new manager,

Also in last nights game we were made to look inferior by being outplayed by a side 2 divisions below.

Now if we go to Doncaster on saturday and the 11 lads that are picked go out and try to scrap and fight for everything, try and put some crosses/tackles in then I'm sure even in defeat people will post far more positive threads saying that despite a loss we were entertained.

We live and hope.....:pray:

Who is this missing leader?

You can't mean the bloke who almost silently, and showing no inspiration whatsoever, captained City to those ignominious massacres that Cardiff and Doncaster inflicted on us surely?

Now Hartley's gone we have nobody even resembling a leader left in the squad and it's absolutely vital we sign a couple of that type extremely urgently.

Gonna have to disagree with you there Nogbad. For a start Fontaine plays much better with Carey alongside him, and I think having Carey in our back four would help us immensely. He has his faults, and he'll always be prone to making the odd error, but he's a decent CB and we are a better team when he is playing imo.

I also think Carey is a decent captain (an accolade which is overstated and can be used as an excuse far too often!) and he loves this club. The players before have spoken of their upmost respect for him and I believe he can lead the team on the pitch. Granted, in those 2 games we were short of a leader, but what weren't we short of in those 2 games?!

Out of interest who would you have as our central pairing at the back?

Gonna have to disagree with you there Nogbad. For a start Fontaine plays much better with Carey alongside him, and I think having Carey in our back four would help us immensely. He has his faults, and he'll always be prone to making the odd error, but he's a decent CB and we are a better team when he is playing imo.

I also think Carey is a decent captain (an accolade which is overstated and can be used as an excuse far too often!) and he loves this club. The players before have spoken of their upmost respect for him and I believe he can lead the team on the pitch. Granted, in those 2 games we were short of a leader, but what weren't we short of in those 2 games?!

Out of interest who would you have as our central pairing at the back?

Fair enough Phil, I've given my opinion of Carey and we'll just have to disagree.

I'd hope Stewart was signed as a first choice central defender so there is much more to come from him.

I've thought for some time that Fontaine is our best defender but I do accept it's worrying he's not been on his best form for some little while.

It may be we still need another one, though I have high hopes for both Wilson and Ribeiro, so preferably they should get a chance first, when fit.

For the time being I'd hope Fontaine and Stewart could cement a good partnership as they get used to each other in a settled defence.

Thing is Phil, as much as we might like Louis we're going to have to move on and bring in a younger, better, and fitter relacement at some stage, and in my opinion the time for him to be phased out has come.

As long as the doom mongers stick to their views irrespective of a win at Doncaster then that is fine. Can you really judge a team when half are missing, working for a new manager and with a giant such as DJ in th dressing room. It will boom or bust but there are too many variables to draw massive conclusions.

Yes I am sat on the fence but I feel it is better to stay neutral as opposed to spout a view based on little fact.

Fair enough Phil, I've given my opinion of Carey and we'll just have to disagree.

I'd hope Stewart was signed as a first choice central defender so there is much more to come from him.

I've thought for some time that Fontaine is our best defender but I do accept it's worrying he's not been on his best form for some little while.

It may be we still need another one, though I have high hopes for both Wilson and Ribeiro, so preferably they should get a chance first, when fit.

For the time being I'd hope Fontaine and Stewart could cement a good partnership as they get used to each other in a settled defence.

Thing is Phil, as much as we might like Louis we're going to have to move on and bring in a younger, better, and fitter relacement at some stage, and in my opinion the time for him to be phased out has come.

I agree that Fonts is our best CB, but his inconsistency of late has been a little worrying. Stewart appears to be a strong ball-winning centre-half, much like Mccombe was, and we were crying out for a player like that in our squad, so I'm pleased with his signing. However when all our fit, I'd still play Carey and Fontaine for now, but yes, I think this might be the beginning of the end for Louis, but I'd still like to see another season from the skipper ;)

I was very impressed with Ribiero at the end of last year, and good things have been spoken about Wilson, so hopefully the can get fit and start fighting for a place in the team soon, Ribs is back in training now which is good news. The thing about Ribiero and Fontaine, is that they are quite similar in a lot of ways, and I think if they were our CB pairing, they'd struggle greatly against some teams, but then again I guess that's all part and parcel of developing as a player.

Archived