IGNORED

Be Patient? Err...no Thanks!

ooRya

It's interesting to see in various threads that a lot of people are saying that we all need to be patient and allow Coppell time to build a promotion chasing team. Some are quick to point out that it took several years at Reading and Palace.

Well I'm sorry, but I don't buy in to this. I don't believe for a second that Steve L appointed Coppell on the understanding that we would push for promotion in 3-5 years. I believe Steve L was thinking that by employing Coppell we would push on from our first three seasons in this league and really go for it.

Well that's how I feel too...Hell, I've been patient for the last 30 years, why should I be patient for another 3-5 years?

It's interesting to see in various threads that a lot of people are saying that we all need to be patient and allow Coppell time to build a promotion chasing team. Some are quick to point out that it took several years at Reading and Palace.

Well I'm sorry, but I don't buy in to this. I don't believe for a second that Steve L appointed Coppell on the understanding that we would push for promotion in 3-5 years. I believe Steve L was thinking that by employing Coppell we would push on from our first three seasons in this league and really go for it.

Well that's how I feel too...Hell, I've been patient for the last 30 years, why should I be patient for another 3-5 years?

SteveL isn't an idiot so I am sure he is not expecting us to get promoted this season. He will recognise that to take the next step rebuilding was required and if you rush that you end up with expensive shite players. He also will not spend any more crazily than he is currently.

Steve Coppell will bring in good players within our budget, he will not sign crap for the sake of it.

Your expectations are unrealistic and unhelpful frankly.

And how exactly do you suppose Coppell should go about doing this with an unbalanced squad?

He's still human ffs. Don't be an idiot. These things take time. Mid-table would suit me this year as long as we have a decent squad set up for next year.

Is that the same unbalenced squad he inherited and identified immediately, yet

is still unbalenced with just days to go before the transfer window closes. I for one

will give SC time but there is too much crap harping on about the old squads make up.

Its pretty much the same one that got us to the play off final and two mid table finishes.

The majority of the time during our recent spell in the CCC we have been there or there abouts.

The end of last season saw us dip towards the bottom for the first time, we dealt with what

was assumed to be the problem , that being GJ. I espect at least the same or even better

from SC. Lets not make excuses, he is here to do a job and I would guess very well paid indeed

to do that job. Yes be patient, accept inept failure and lame excuses no thanks.

And how exactly do you suppose Coppell should go about doing this with an unbalanced squad?

He's still human ffs. Don't be an idiot. These things take time. Mid-table would suit me this year as long as we have a decent squad set up for next year.

Calm down, you'll have a 'connery' if you're not careful.

I know all about the unbalanced squad and injuries etc, that wasn't the point of this thread. I'm just surprised that so many people seem happy to go backwards before we move forwards. The overall impression I got when Coppell came was that most thought we would be challenging at the top end of this league straight away, not in however many years.

Oh, and having a different opinion to you doesn't make me an idiot by the way.

Calm down, you'll have a 'connery' if you're not careful.

I know all about the unbalanced squad and injuries etc, that wasn't the point of this thread. I'm just surprised that so many people seem happy to go backwards before we move forwards. The overall impression I got when Coppell came was that most thought we would be challenging at the top end of this league straight away, not in however many years.

Oh, and having a different opinion to you doesn't make me an idiot by the way.

Looks more like it was the manager himself that was unbalanced! :disapointed2se:

I'm sorry, this means you were waiting in league one to go into the prem ?? This club has been very succesful in recent years, over achieving for the squad we had. Count yourselfs lucky were not Coventry, been stuck in this leauge for 9 years now I think, with no hope of getting promoted anytime in the future as they have no plan set out, just take every season as it comes. For us its different, I believe Coppel and SL have made a plan with a particular budget to accomplish premier league status, IN TIME. No man is a genious that can get an average squad promoted the season he joined.

However I am with everyone in saying pacients is needed, but we have only had ONE league game at the moment, I think its to early to say be pacient because we do not no how things will turn out. If we wint the next 3 games (I think is possible with the opposition were up against) I'm sure this forum will be very different.

Its understandable that you have your own opinions, but this early in the season, NOBODY has enough facts or information to suggest we will have a bad or good season. Lets just get into the season a little more before people start jumping to conclutions.

Also please dont say we have facts of a bad pre-season because as the saying goes, "A bad pre-season, is a good pre-season". Which I agree with, identifies weeknesses ect. We also dont have our first team 11...

<br />I'm sorry, this means you were waiting in league one to go into the prem ?? This club has been very succesful in recent years, over achieving for the squad we had. Count yourselfs lucky were not Coventry, been stuck in this leauge for 9 years now I think, with no hope of getting promoted anytime in the future as they have no plan set out, just take every season as it comes. For us its different, I believe Coppel and SL have made a plan with a particular budget to accomplish premier league status, IN TIME. No man is a genious that can get an average squad promoted the season he joined.<br /><br />However I am with everyone in saying pacients is needed, but we have only had ONE league game at the moment, I think its to early to say be pacient because we do not no how things will turn out. If we wint the next 3 games (I think is possible with the opposition were up against) I'm sure this forum will be very different. <br /><br />Its understandable that you have your own opinions, but this early in the season, NOBODY has enough facts or information to suggest we will have a bad or good season. Lets just get into the season a little more before people start jumping to conclutions.<br /><br />Also please dont say we have facts of a bad pre-season because as the saying goes, &quot;A bad pre-season, is a good pre-season&quot;. Which I agree with, identifies weeknesses ect. We also dont have our first team 11...<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I TAKE ALL THIS BACK IF COPPELL HAS LEFT, WHAT A ***** IF THAT IS THE CASE

<br />It's interesting to see in various threads that a lot of people are saying that we all need to be patient and allow Coppell time to build a promotion chasing team. Some are quick to point out that it took several years at Reading and Palace.<br />Well I'm sorry, but I don't buy in to this. I don't believe for a second that Steve L appointed Coppell on the understanding that we would push for promotion in 3-5 years. I believe Steve L was thinking that by employing Coppell we would push on from our first three seasons in this league and really go for it.<br /><br />Well that's how I feel too...<b><i>Hell, I've been patient for the last 30 years, why should I be patient for another 3-5 years</i></b>?<br />
<br /><br /><br />That's the terms of your contract as a fan of BCFC. <br /><br />Section 3, para 4, sub section 12(b)<br /><br />You ( the fan) promises to give undivided and unquestioned loyalty to said football club, to spend large amounts of your hard earned money  following the club far and wide. The longer you remain a fan the greater the likelehood that you will suffer many and varied disappointments. <br /><br />Under the terms of your contract with the club, BCFC have no obligation to you whatsoever and make no promises about what they will provide in return. <br /><br />However, the club has made  a number of goodwill gestures.<br /><br />1. The club guarantees to let you down on a regular basis. Raise your hopes on a season by season basis, only for those hopes to be repeatedly dashed - the timing of this  can be anything from the first game to the play off final.<br /><br />2 The club  guarantees that it will fail to buy the players you would like and will also buy the players you would prefer not to. Similarly, the club guarantees that however much it spends on new players, it will never be enough, and that other teams in our division will always be spending more money and bringing in players that you would like us to.<br /><br />3. The club guarantees to appoint a first team manager when necessary, and that said manager will always be less qualified for the job than many supporters contracted to the club as fans.<br /><br />4. The club guarantees to have in place a Chairman whose business acumen is inferior to that of many of the supporters contractually tied to the club as fans.<br /><br />5. Ther club understand sthat many fans' understanding of business economics was learend from the Labour Party . ie when you asre spending someone else's money you believe that it grows on treses or is mined from a bottomless pit..<br /><br />So what do we get out of this seemingly one sided contract?<br /><br />We endure the bad times so that when the good time, limited though they might be, do come around they are made all the more enjoyable.   <br /><br />Fans wanting a contract that gives a greater guarantee of sucess should consider those offered by Arsenal/Man U/Chelseas/Man City etc.<br /><br />These contracts tend to have very flexible residential qualification, but tend to place a greater financial burden on the fans side of the contract. The wording &quot;follow the club far and wide&quot; will usually be replaced by &quot;follow the club via Sky Sports&quot; , and &quot;undivided and unquestioned loyalty&quot; is replaced by &quot;until he money runs out&quot;!

<br />&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;That's the terms of your contract as a fan of BCFC. &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Section 3, para 4, sub section 12(b)&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;You ( the fan) promises to give undivided and unquestioned loyalty to said football club, to spend large amounts of your hard earned money  following the club far and wide. The longer you remain a fan the greater the likelehood that you will suffer many and varied disappointments. &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Under the terms of your contract with the club, BCFC have no obligation to you whatsoever and make no promises about what they will provide in return. &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;However, the club has made  a number of goodwill gestures.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;1. The club guarantees to let you down on a regular basis. Raise your hopes on a season by season basis, only for those hopes to be repeatedly dashed - the timing of this  can be anything from the first game to the play off final.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;2 The club  guarantees that it will fail to buy the players you would like and will also buy the players you would prefer not to. Similarly, the club guarantees that however much it spends on new players, it will never be enough, and that other teams in our division will always be spending more money and bringing in players that you would like us to.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;3. The club guarantees to appoint a first team manager when necessary, and that said manager will always be less qualified for the job than many supporters contracted to the club as fans.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;4. The club guarantees to have in place a Chairman whose business acumen is inferior to that of many of the supporters contractually tied to the club as fans.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;5. Ther club understand sthat many fans' understanding of business economics was learend from the Labour Party . ie when you asre spending someone else's money you believe that it grows on treses or is mined from a bottomless pit..&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;So what do we get out of this seemingly one sided contract?&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;We endure the bad times so that when the good time, limited though they might be, do come around they are made all the more enjoyable.   &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Fans wanting a contract that gives a greater guarantee of sucess should consider those offered by Arsenal/Man U/Chelseas/Man City etc.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;These contracts tend to have very flexible residential qualification, but tend to place a greater financial burden on the fans side of the contract. The wording &amp;quot;follow the club far and wide&amp;quot; will usually be replaced by &amp;quot;follow the club via Sky Sports&amp;quot; , and &amp;quot;undivided and unquestioned loyalty&amp;quot; is replaced by &amp;quot;until he money runs out&amp;quot;!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Posted this without knowing of Coppell's resignation, which demonstrates the club's ability to dash fans hopes in so many different ways.

Good luck to Keith Millen - you will need it as youve never even been a Conference Manager!

Archived