IGNORED

He Didnt Seem To Appreciate It Anyway...

enever

okay, the news is a massive shock, i thought the national radio presenter was having a laugh when it just came on!

but strangely it doesn't seem that much of a shock and whilst it is initially gutting because it makes us look like a laughing stock, I for some reason don't feel that bad!?

Maybe it is because we are so used to the passion Johnson showed about the club, but because Coppell always seems so down and grumpy and is only new, I really don't feel that bothered by him going for some reason!?

I just hope we don't all over analyse this and panic. It seems his heart was never really in it and his family are clearly more important. maybe it is indeed doing us a big favour.

lets just get behind millen and the team and hopefully there will be a bit more passion and enthusiasm at ashton gate next saturday!

fingers crossed for a Millen turnaround like the end of last season!

I think Millen might do a decent job you know, he knows the club inside out and I think the players like and respect the man, judging by the first two games under Coppell maybe the players respected him but weren't to keen on him.

I'm actually delighted for Keith, was chatting to him at the open day,seems like a real geniune guy who I think may do us proud

reckon you're right Midge - cant believe it but hey, hopefully a blessing in disguise - never had a chance to 'like' coppell - just hope this doesnt scupper any plans to sign/keep players - as always, right behind the club...............

I was looking at SC managerial stats last night because I never seen him come down and see the fans at the Southend game, admitedly I made a quickish exit as it was getting late he may have come down. Anyway he seems to either get a feel for it or not I think.

I love my club and I dont think SC was enjoying it, however Keith Millen rocks he does love this club!

I think Scott Murray as assistant :)

Definately agree with this. The guy never seemed to have his heart in it and I did notice a thread a few days ago about it and the poster got a lot of abuse telling him to give Coppell time and the like. Seems for once we were the patient ones in comparison. The guy no doubt has the credentials to manage at this level but he just never seemed like he wanted to. Maybe a year out from the game before this job showed him how comfortable and easy his life could be with just his home life and he's just too comfortable in that now and after that year a move to Bristol is just a step in a direct he doesn't want. I am surprised he's retired from management though, he's only 55. Look at Ferguson, is he 70 yet?

Archived