IGNORED

In Lansdown And Coppell We Trust?

numbeast

<br />I am reading too many threads stuffed full of negativity and demands for certain types of players whilst moaning about those players SC has signed or is supposedly looking at as well as posts regarding "Ones that got away" and they just baffle me. Gary Johnson was crucified for signing journeymen whilst ignoring potential bargins, much of this was blamed on his brother Pete as our chief scout. As we all know GJ paid for this and other issues with his job.<br /><br /> The appointment of Steve Coppell was greeted by near 100% agreement due to the fact he has been there and done that and achieved the dream with 2 other clubs not dissimilar to ourselves. His history in achieving promotion to the premier league is well documented likewise his style and approach. This consists of taking unknown players or player who have lost their way a bit and turning them into a TEAM.  Gary Johnson once made reference to the championship manager types of games in reference to some of the posts on this very forum and I can understand why he made those comment reading some peoples posts. <br /> <br />Steve Lansdown wants us playing Premier League Football and has gone about it in the right way, trying to put in place an infrastructure that is capable of sustaining us in the most money lead league in the world. Hence we are restricted in the player we can afford to bring in and perhaps this had an influence in bringing in Stevie Coppell. We are building a side capable of getting us up but that doesn't happen overnight. <br /> <br />I see people calling for us to up the ante regarding transfer fees and wages but I don't see these people offering to help pay for this, no that burden falls squarely with our chairman and his generosity, yet despite the millions he has pumped into the club some demand more from the bloke, get real he isn't an oil magnet or multibillionaire he is not a bottomless pit of money. Maybe this is why he appointed SC, good track record on a budget. People, have faith we will get there in time but there is no rush if we're going the do it right<br />
<br /><br /><br />

You have obviously got your finger right on the pulse of what is happening at the club, don't you?

Archived