IGNORED

David James

chriskoi

Why January??? 3 weeks left of the transfer window could see him walk now for being mis sold and frankly who could blame him

Comments like this make me ashamed to be a City fan. I expect him to stay here. as he's a decent bloke. What grounds do any of you who have commented on him 'jumping ship' have? Shocking news today, but FFS, let's not be total pr***s about it.

Comments like this make me ashamed to be a City fan. I expect him to stay here. as he's a decent bloke. What grounds do any of you who have commented on him 'jumping ship' have? Shocking news today, but FFS, let's not be total pr***s about it.

Well said, I agree with you.

How dare you incider. You don't know me!!

If you were sold a vision by a man that walked two weeks later. Wouldn't you at least have doubts. That's human nature and no slur on James himself

No, I don't know you. No, I don't have doubts about James. Yes, it's human nature to panic, particularly bearing in mind that Coppell supposedly sold City to him, but what grounds have any of you to suggest that DJ will leave, other than pure speculation? I was excited by the signing of DJ, not just because he is a top-class keeper, but also that he conducts himself in a professional manner off the pitch. This thread is pure speculation. It could be the case that he doesn't want to stay here, but I very much doubt it. What good are unsubstantiated rumours like this going to do?

i dont think he will go one of the main reason he came to us that we are close to where he lives with his family

he already turned down prem clubs and celtic so i cant see why he would go now and sign for a prem club cause that will going back on the reasons he sign for us , to me he puts his family first

One of the rumours doing the rounds (though I'm sceptical about it) is that Coppell wasn't overly keen on signing James and it was forced on him by Lansdown. If true, then why would James want out?

For what it's worth, I think he'll see it to the end of the season at least, he's a honourable person (I know we said the same about Coppell, but James doesn't have form for leaving clubs in the lurch).

mmm thought this earlier.....i wonder if he is thinking he has made a big mistake, knowing he can still do a job in prem

I would understand him thinking that but at the same time but who has not when at first taking a new job with new challenges............. I know I have but I've been with my company for 12 odd years now

Still a bloody challenge though :)

james wont be going anywhere. He went through alot worse at pompey last season than whats happened today. He will see his contract out unless we choose to cash in. Decent guy will be good to have on board after todays events. He came to us for stability and to be close to family. Nothing has changed for him. He will get paid on time (not like last season) and is close to family.

Archived