IGNORED

Sl's Patience

Rich i e

Coppel goes, stadium hiccup, leaves UK not to pay 50% tax.

He must think, despite his best efforts, of attempting to get into the big boys playground, where he likes to play, things are not exactly going to plan lately! I guess he ain't made a fortune by giving up, but he is out the UK for the majority of his time now, I wonder if he'll think if this is ever worth it!

If James decides, no ta now........would that be the straw that breaks:closedeyes: ...........................

He must think, despite his best efforts, of attempting to get into the big boys playground, where he likes to play, things are not exactly going to plan lately! I guess he ain't made a fortune by giving up, but he is out the UK for the majority of his time now, I wonder if he'll think if this is ever worth it!

If James decides, no ta now........would that be the straw that breaks:closedeyes: ...........................

I have also thought this. When the planning application for Sainsbury's was recently refused SL said something to the effect of " I don't know why I bother" and I thought at that time it appeared he was getting fed up.

Since then, Steve Coppell has walked out after only two games.

Add to that the unbelievable injury situation, particularly Nicky Maynard and Sam Vokes.

Also the difficulty we have had in attracting new players.

Also our poor start to the season.

Since SL no longer lives in Bristol and has moved on to a new life and new surroundings in Guernsey (good luck to him) I wonder how much more of this he can reasonably be expected to put up with before he concludes that it is not worth it. It must be all the more frustrating for him not to be able to be here and have to worry and try to sort things out from a distance.

In these difficult times it is more important than ever that we all rally round and support both Steve and the club.

I'm amazed how diplomatic he has been about Coppell's departure - this I take to be a positive sign. Would have been easy to slag SC off and may well have been an indicator that he had lost patience if he had done.

Despite Steve's best efforts, we are taking 2 steps forward and one back at present. We really need KM to step up to the mark now and get a couple of wins under his belt before the end of the month. SC will be nothing more than a bitter footnote in BCFC history if we are top 10 by this time next month!

Unfortunately as things stands we will never get to the Big Boy's Playground.

As much as I admire and respect SL for what he has done for the club, and how he keeps a steady ship I find it hard to understand his way of thinking.

He wants' a new stadium, he's want to get to the Premier League, he wants Bristol City up there and in the spotlight, (WE ALL DO) but as he says 'the club must stand on it's own two feet'

With the current squad that means lowish crowds and lowish gate receipts. Apart from Maynard and James, no BIG money to attract the BIG players, and pay them the BIG wages because these decisions are made in mind with the money in the clubs bank account, not Steve's account.

With mediocre players, we will be a mediocre team and as I can't EVER see SL dipping into his own personnel WEALTH to finance any decent players that could get us promoted, his dream is just not going to happen. The money he puts in each year to get us out of the shit, which of course we are grateful for up- front is only a loan and not a freebie. (He is a Business man remember!)

This only means one thing (unless we can fluke it like Blackpool) Years and Years in the Championship (which is not a bad thing, remember league 1?) and of course always the dangers of relegation while we're in it if we have a real bad season for whatever reason.

I feel if we don't ever manage to get promoted (can't give a timescale) it will be down to lack of decent players I'm afraid. A good Manager which we did have up to yesterday and fair play to SL for getting him in for what it's worth can obviously help, but it's up to the players on the pitch at the end of the day.

If Steve is happy to buy players from the league's below, and not pay high wages then fine if the clubs account is a bit light and dictates this, but he can forget about ever getting to the Premier League in his life time unless he splashes some of his own cash which of course is totally his decision? (He could and can make a difference if he wanted to? - You can''t take it with you!) (I can't see another Blackpool feat for a long long time?)

I really do feel that SL will one day jack it all in, due to the LACK of MONEY in the CLUB'S BANK ACCOUNT.

If so it will be a very sad :( day indeed and I then feel we could sink faster than the Titanic.

Archived