IGNORED

What Does The Coming Season Have In Store?

boadle

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Was thinking today that we are in a strange place at this early point of the season. It really could go either way... or neither way.

Poor pre-season, first fixture results. Ejected big-shot manager. Unprecedented injury list. Low morale. Small squad.

Yet...

Stalward ex-player becomes manager. Marquee signing goalkeeper. Local hero as captain.

Deep down, where do you really believe we will be come season end?

12th and even before coppell / Maynard would have been content with that. Go for pray offs next season then a (hopefully) successful push the year after.

Some might disagree but I'm bloody enjoying the championship atm. It's a brilliant exciting league where anything can happen.

I kind of shrugged when I heard we were one of this year's promotion candidates. Getting some players in, the Coppell-ster and all that, ambitious chairman and potential but.... was always a work in progress really!!!

Well I think Blackpool will likely get mullered but they will have their fun.. The championship is a great league really as anyone can win it, minimum if we get top half that will be great, we just need to build year on year so we are in a good position to either go up or yo-yo a bit with out the wheels falling off.. Hope we can play some nice football along the way tho :surrender:

Not quite sure where we are now tho, think in the short term seeing a full squad in a game would be nice!

Sadly I'm disillusioned by recent goings on...I think we'll now have a middling season with little to shout about. And unless we hire an assistant with contacts who's been there and done it I think we're going to be struggling to get to the top for a few seasons while Milly learns on the job. Parachute payments will prop up the wage bill of half the division. I predict that without a talent magnet manager we'll struggle to improve our squad if we don't have the cash to compete on wages.

I hope I'm wrong! And that the goal scoring forward and creative attacking midfielder we need are about to sign...or emerge from the ranks.

Fair play, what a bitch of a poll !!!!! Go with the heart or the head ?

I think the head has to rule. I can see it being a struggle for a while, we`ll pick a few points up here and there but i just don`t see where KM is going to get success the way things are at the moment. As i`ve said before, if he does manage to get some decent results with whats available to him at the moment then he`ll have earn`t that 3yr contract IMO. Once we get a few more players back from injury and if NM manages to come back to fitness without further hiccups then hopefully we can build on where we are come the New Year. Who knows, the play-offs may be an outside shout but it`s hard to envisage that at the moment. While i`d probably bite the hand off anyone offering 21st right now, i think a more respectable 14th to 10th is achievable. Am i being overly negative ? Who knows ? Whatever happens we need to be behind everyone at AG more now than ever before.

PDG

It will be an exciting season. We currently have a team that whilst not great is not that bad either. As the players gel, get used to each other and others come back from injury our season will gradually improve. So, it all depends on these opening few months, do we have the grit and determination to get some good results. If we can then I see us again in the top 12 (maybe even in the play-offs), if not then a bad start will see us mid table.

We still have a decent squad, and I think they can beat anyone on their day. Fingers crossed we can grind some good results in the first 1/3 of our season to put us in a position to challenge.

Archived