IGNORED

Pre Match Pint Around The Gate

Eighteen97

I'm down for the Barnsley game next weekend with a couple of mates, want to take them for a pre match beer, just wondering where best to pitch up.

Is the BS3 pub a decent shout?

Any reccomendations welcome.

Ta.

BS3 is fine, but just make sure that you all have your match tickets on you. Otherwise you might not be let in. Can be a bit crowded though.

If he ain't got his ticket with him how will he get into the match after the pre match beer?

I'm assuming that if he's asking where to drink pre-match that he and his friends are not ST holders and may well have booked tickets on the phone to pick up at the ticket office. Or, assuming the match is POTD, they may well not have tickets prior to the game. Maybe, another mate is meeting him at the ground, who will have all their tickets! FFS, I was just trying to be helpful.

If he ain't got his ticket with him how will he get into the match after the pre match beer?

They don't take your match ticket off you to go in BS3, merely ask to look at in order to confirm that you aren't sitting with the away supporters. If you are in city colors it normally isn't an issue anyway.

I'm down for the Barnsley game next weekend with a couple of mates, want to take them for a pre match beer, just wondering where best to pitch up.

Ta.

Well. we love the "Merchants Arms" in Hotwells pre-match. On the one way traffic system just near the Cumberland Basin flyover.

Small, friendly boozer (selling the excellent Bath Ales) but does get a bit crowded about 2pm on match days.

Away fans welcome (except Cardiff) but it looks like you are a BCFC fan living well away from Bristol.

Ta.

Start your pub crawl at the Mardyke for great pint of cheap scrumpy - then head across the bridge to get to the Orchard.... followed by the Packet... then finish off with a can or two from the local shop and sit outside the BS3!

Then stumble in and sober up watch the match for a couple of hours.

Archived