IGNORED

Left Back

Jordan Tansley

We need a left back so badly,

I'm not gonna sit here and rip Macca to bits, but he simply hasn't been good enough since we got up to this league.

Why oh why did we let sawyer go? :badmood:

Come on Keith, it's been obvious that the left hand side is weak as shit for years. Do something about it :fingerscrossed:

good point today though, Keith has only lost once in his ten games in charge of us, which is a promising stat

Agree about Macca, but Sawyer ffs!! Not good enough to be a regular in a relegated Argyle team and after a non-stampede for his services he ends up at Rovers!!!! Same with Tom Williams. Bombed out at every club he has been at , and released by Peterborough as considered surplus to their League 1 needs. Given a 6 month deal here!! Why???

We have had some cracking left backs over the years, Brennan, Scott and Barnard in particular spring to mind. We need to resolve this gap in the squad with a quality signing asap!!!

Sorting the left-hand side of the defence and the midfield remains a priority imo.

Agree about Macca, but Sawyer ffs!! Not good enough to be a regular in a relegated Argyle team and after a non-stampede for his services he ends up at Rovers!!!! Same with Tom Williams. Bombed out at every club he has been at , and released by Peterborough as considered surplus to their League 1 needs. Given a 6 month deal here!! Why???

We have had some cracking left backs over the years, Brennan, Scott and Barnard in particular spring to mind. We need to resolve this gap in the squad with a quality signing asap!!!

Sorting the left-hand side of the defence and the midfield remains a priority imo.

I would add mickey bell to that list.

Also feel we are crying out for a clever, creative maestro to play behind our new striker.

A left-sided player is a priority, and preferably two. It would be good to see Macca face some competition for once and our midflield is crying out for a left winger. Millen said he expects new faces by next Saturday, hopefully he'll address some of the squad issues, and coupled with some players return to fitness, things might start looking better as far as our squad's concerned.

I've decide he's ball bag and has been for a while I put him in the mcombe box to good for league one not up to championship level

I don't understand why someone who's played over 100 games at this level, and would have been a lot more but for injury, is not up to championship standard.

I'll let you know when have thought of an answer.

We need a left back so badly,

I'm not gonna sit here and rip Macca to bits, but he simply hasn't been good enough since we got up to this league.

Why oh why did we let sawyer go? :badmood:

Come on Keith, it's been obvious that the left hand side is weak as shit for years. Do something about it :fingerscrossed:

good point today though, Keith has only lost once in his ten games in charge of us, which is a promising stat

Edwards!

Sorry I disagree priority is left sided midfielder.... McCallsiter has looked poor since our decent left midfilder McIndoe left, he is left exposed and un supported and needs help, Getting a left midfielder and playin him with McCallister would be of more use than replacing JM and not getting a left midfielder!

care to enlighten on what you claim to know? not doubting you but you get so much BS on here you dont know who to believe.

Yeah there's an awful lot of BS on here. All I'm going to say is, a striker will be signed early this week, with hopefully another attacking player signed midweek.

• Admin

[pedant mode]

Keith's full record is W5 D5 L2 during his 12 games in charge of us. You're forgetting the 2 games he had in charge following the 7-1 defeat at Swansea that led to Tinnion's exit

[/pedant mode]

I agree that a left sided midfielder would take the pressure off a lb, but the fact is Mcallister can't do the basics... he can't defend, loses his man too easily, loses concentration and has been at fault personally for too many goals this season already. Oh, and his distribution is shocking.

I'm pretty sure JCR is a left midfielder, having played there for pretty much his whole career.

he's also shown he is decent defensively (better than the ever over-rated mcindoe) by playing well at left back at the end of last year.

the reason Mccalister looks weak... is because he's weak.

Archived