IGNORED

Maynard For Liverpool?

InCider

"For a more ambitious target, Sunderland's Darren Bent could well be considered, whilst at a lower level, Bristol City's Nicky Maynard is one of the most promising strikers in the Coca Cola Championship"

My bad, didn't read the reviews of each player, and saw that paragraph as part of Craig Bellamy's review, that'll teach me to read it properly.

"For a more ambitious target, Sunderland's Darren Bent could well be considered, whilst at a lower level, Bristol City's Nicky Maynard is one of the most promising strikers in the Coca Cola Championship"

Yes. Nice that Maynard is getting national recognition, but can't ever see Liverpool going for him. If they're going to sign a striker before the transfer window closes, they're not going to sign someone who's currently injured and not expected back for months.

City supporters on this site generally under estimate what we have in Maynard.

The price will be a lot higher than mentioned previously, when he is sold and if it were not for the current economic climate I am convinced one of the Premier League managers would already of had a punt by now!

Had he been of been fit and playing to his potential this season a move would have come in the mid term window.

Archived