IGNORED

Iphone App.

Taunton_City

Just get an iPhone, you know it makes sence

As an Iphone user I can quite simply say some of the stuff Android does is far beyond and better than the rip off Iphone. I have had nothing but problems with dropped calls on my Iphone and am looking forward to moving to android or a Windows 7 phone.

Fair enough if you like it but its certainly not for everybody with there draconian measures to stop pirating but also usability.

I see most other clubs is out now??

Not sure about most, a search on 'perform group' comes back with 8 club apps.

I kinda want it but tempted not to buy it on principal, as surely the reason they have forced the shitty mobile site on us is to encourage us to buy the app...

The mobile site is bloody awful and is simply pathetic

The iPhone app looks like it's going to be a £2.39 purchase then the same again every month, so basically another £30 nearly to view the same stuff that you can see on world.....which costs yet another £30 odd.

Just another attempt to milk more money out of fans.

Personally I just want a easy way to view the normal website as I've always been able to.

Was embracing few days again when a mate asked how much a dolman ticket would be for Saturday and yet it's impossible to find out via a iPhone, farcical really

As an Iphone user I can quite simply say some of the stuff Android does is far beyond and better than the rip off Iphone. I have had nothing but problems with dropped calls on my Iphone and am looking forward to moving to android or a Windows 7 phone.

Fair enough if you like it but its certainly not for everybody with there draconian measures to stop pirating but also usability.

I'd just like to say I have the HTC desire running Android 2.2 and it's amazing.

The iPhone app looks like it's going to be a £2.39 purchase then the same again every month, so basically another £30 nearly to view the same stuff that you can see on world.....which costs yet another £30 odd.

So does that mean it replaces World in terms of the video content do you know?

Annoying thing with all of this is tried to listen to bbc somerset/Bristol on iphone at weekend and you just get a woman

saying "for contractual reasons blahblah".. very annoying really! (and couldnt find a station local to donny - radio doncaster? don't be silly) if only bcfc player actually worked on it...!

Personally I just want a easy way to view the normal website as I've always been able to.

Looked at theposh.com (:laugh:) earlier, it's OK if you zoom right in, mobile site would be good if they updated it etc

An iPhone app called TuneIn Radio gives you most BBC stations (maybe all of them - but I don't know for sure). You should be able to listen to City every game then. If I can get radio stations in the Antarctic, in the Christmas Islands and some Eskimo station in Canada, surely I can listen to City playing at Ipswich?!?!

So does that mean it replaces World in terms of the video content do you know?

Annoying thing with all of this is tried to listen to bbc somerset/Bristol on iphone at weekend and you just get a woman

saying "for contractual reasons blahblah".. very annoying really! (and couldnt find a station local to donny - radio doncaster? don't be silly) if only bcfc player actually worked on it...!

Looked at theposh.com (:laugh:) earlier, it's OK if you zoom right in, mobile site would be good if they updated it etc

I'm not 100% sure but I think its a similar service to world (or player as its called now) but charged seperately. So if you already have player you'd pay additionally to have similar access on the iphone app, or you could cancel player and just have it on the iphone I guess.

The BBC think is very annoying, apparently it doesn't matter that we pay a license fee when the BBC want to flog their service to somebody else.

An iPhone app called TuneIn Radio gives you most BBC stations (maybe all of them - but I don't know for sure). You should be able to listen to City every game then. If I can get radio stations in the Antarctic, in the Christmas Islands and some Eskimo station in Canada, surely I can listen to City playing at Ipswich?!?!

TuneIn Radio is great, but its Radio Bristol via the internet so you're still going to get the annoying lady saying you cant listen to the current programme due to contractual reasons.

TuneIn Radio is great, but its Radio Bristol via the internet so you're still going to get the annoying lady saying you cant listen to the current programme due to contractual reasons.

Yer, this is the App I use, bloody wench. Back to the old FM Radio MP3 player it is then - sigh! :disapointed2se:

Don't think I would pay even more money just to view the same content on iphone as player, jebus they could at least

get that bit right as getting as bad as Sky!

Any web based radio that's an app won't work for City commentary unfortunately :-(

Yer, obviously someone (premiumtv?) have the internet broadcast rights.. bit weird that it is just re-broadcasting BBC Bristol tho but spose they have to offer all this crap to keep you buying player - FINE, just release a sodding iphone app!!!! :chant6ez::dancing6::dancing2::preacher:

It will be an app that just shows the content of the website! No more, no less. The app builder I'd hazard to guess has nowt to do with Bristol City, the same as the generic websites for the whole football league. Let someone interested in the club have some input, ie me or the other 10-15 people who can't afford the rights to be part of the ever going trend of iPhone users/app builders.

I have an iPhone+mac etc and would love to give my passions to end users, ie my calendar, but can I beat the governing bodies, no!

Commercial dept, please call!

It will be an app that just shows the content of the website! No more, no less. The app builder I'd hazard to guess has nowt to do with Bristol City, the same as the generic websites for the whole football league. Let someone interested in the club have some input, ie me or the other 10-15 people who can't afford the rights to be part of the ever going trend of iPhone users/app builders.

I have an iPhone+mac etc and would love to give my passions to end users, ie my calendar, but can I beat the governing bodies, no!

Commercial dept, please call!

There must be something more to the BCFC app otherwise why not just make a generic skinnable app with some kind of RSS feed-in so you could with no extra development create a ManU or a BCFC or a Villa app just by doing some graphics.. :surrender: much like the great invision forum app that works so well with otib ;-) Maybe they have and the delay is

just to give the impression that it might be worth the £2 a month..? :igiveup:

Yes, don't imagine you could beat DataCo with your calendar :gasmask:

I'm not 100% sure but I think its a similar service to world (or player as its called now) but charged seperately. So if you already have player you'd pay additionally to have similar access on the iphone app, or you could cancel player and just have it on the iphone I guess.

The BBC think is very annoying, apparently it doesn't matter that we pay a license fee when the BBC want to flog their service to somebody else.

It's not the bbc fault it is the football league who sold Internet rights elsewhere

Really useful app out already.

incorporates all City's fixtures into your Iphone's calendar. They say if any fixture is rescheduled, you calender is updated automatically

post-156-091595600 1282245051_thumb.png

Have a chat with Deanorap... he's done one that syncs with your outlook and updates automatically, very good it is too..... just buy him a pint if you see him!

It's not the bbc fault it is the football league who sold Internet rights elsewhere

Ah fair point, didnt think about it working that way.

There must be something more to the BCFC app

Well, looking at the other clubs apps you also get a few wallpapers, and ummm.....

Really useful app out already.

incorporates all City's fixtures into your Iphone's calendar. They say if any fixture is rescheduled, you calender is updated automatically

post-156-091595600 1282245051_thumb.png

Created in Holland and free on the net to subscribe to. Problem is that when I subscribed it says kick off is 2pm, that may confuse people tomorrow!!!!

If the app is any better, please tell me and i'll replace my calendar.

Biased, but i prefer my calendar.

After viewing their website, I probably shouldn't worry about the legal issues, as I'm sure they didn't pay £30k!

Have a chat with Deanorap... he's done one that syncs with your outlook and updates automatically, very good it is too..... just buy him a pint if you see him!

Mail me for the cal link deanomob (at) googlemail (dot) com

Oh, and my calendar automatically updates, for anyone worried

Archived