IGNORED

Marcus Bent

redredrobin5

Just saw this on Birminghams website, would wages prove a problem for a reserve player in Birminghams Reserves? Birmingham arent silly with wages i wouldnt have thought and the chance of 1st team footie must be appealing and not a million miles away from Bristol.

Am i being un realistic like many people with some names we've been/being linked to??

More realistic than Michael Owen!!!!!:ranting:

hes also 31 yrs old, not got a chance in Prem now, has he?

I tell you what, I reckon he may be a good buy, or even on a season long loan. We could probably sort his wages to. He will hold the ball well and distribute, plus bang in 15-20. Jobs a goodun!!

This is my thinking, if he hasn't scored a league goal in over 2 years that's not a great basis to sign a player on, either on loan or buy outright?

Of course you are correct.

However, i expect Blackpool fans may have said the same about Marlon Harewood before last Saturday!

Andy Keogh hasn't got the greatest games to goals ratio either for striker, but like the Marco Gabbiadinis, David Kellys, Paul Kitsons, Tony Thorpes of the past, this is probably their level. Premier league clubs keep gambling on players like these, David Healey is a more contemporary example, as is arguably Dave Kitson, who are prolific in the second/third tiers but never quite make it in the top flight.

Without seeing fuller stats to include minutes on the pitch, assists, free kicks won , penalties won, pass completion etc, it's hard to make a judgement about Marcus Bent or Andy Keogh imo, other than to say that they were, anecdotally, more successful previously at this level. The other thing they all appear to have in common is that it seems like they frequently scored vs City!!!!!

Archived