IGNORED

Am I The Only One.

newarkred

Am I the only one that thinks that we will do ok this season even if we don't being in any more players. Don't get me wrong I think we need a couple to really compete for promotion but with players returning from injury, the new players playing together more and building an understanding I think we will be ok for a comfortable mid table finish.

For the record I think we will get 2 more players I'm before the end of the transfer window.

Am I the only one that thinks that we will do ok this season even if we don't being in any more players. Don't get me wrong I think we need a couple to really compete for promotion but with players returning from injury, the new players playing together more and building an understanding I think we will be ok for a comfortable mid table finish.

For the record I think we will get 2 more players I'm before the end of the transfer window.

I agree to a point. We wont get relegated, there are far worse teams than us in the NPC.

However, we need to bring one of these strikers in because without Nicky up front, I really do struggle to see where the goals will come from.

I think we will bring in a couple more, but with everyone fit in our current squad, we've got a chance of pushing for the play-offs. My biggest concern is lack of a creative midfielder. I wonder if Yoann Gourcuff fancies a loan move. :me?:

I know this forum thrives on speculation and rumour (yes I do love it) but it is FAR too early in the season to be making forecasts about where we will end up at the end of the season.

I will not be posting any comments on this subject until at least just past Christmas.

How can you possibly judge anything until then ?

HOWEVER, if I was a betting man (which I am not) I would put money on another mid-table finish this season (which actually I would be quite happy with).

I think the "big push" will happen next season.

When players return to full fitness, we have as good a chance as anyone in this league,

The squad is much improved from last season and if we can keep in and around the top 10 until maynard is back, we stand as much chance of a top 6 finish as anyone in this division

I am happy with the squad we have when all are fit but at the moment we are short of fire power. No disrespect to Davie Clarkson but he's not a line leader and is best when feeding off someone else. Keith needs to ge us another striker (I know he's trying) even if it one who puts himself about a bit so DC can mop up any loose balls in the box. Once the defence get used to playing together then I would say we have improved that area. Keeper speaks for itself with DJ between the sticks and two very able back-ups in Gerks and Hendo. Midfield we have battlers-a-plenty but unless Cisse can create or Marv gets back to his very best we need someone who can deliver a whole range of passing styles like Hartley did. So I am happy ish but with 2 more signings and a healthy squad I think we could be contenders.

Archived