IGNORED

A New Place To Drink Before Games?

Big Red Rich

Ive got nothing at all against Bristol City Council approving the opening of a Hooters bar in Bristol after all just think of all the good publicity and extra revenue that it will bring to the area (plus new jobs of course), who needs a state of the art stadium capable of holding World Cup Matches, top flight football (fingers crossed) and a range of other entertainment events when we've got a new titty bar???

Hospitality guests at the club's next home match, will enjoy a special themed night.

Fans utilising the club hospitality facilities can participate in the American Diner Theme at the match.

Each guest will enjoy a three-course meal, including buffalo wings, wedges, onion rings and dips, for mains a beef burger with chunky chips, and Mississippi mud pie for dessert.

There will be hot chocolate and donuts available at half-time.

The package also includes a complimentary programme, gift, premier seating and the opportunity to meet man of the match.

http://i226.photobuc...man_hooters.jpg - forget Hooters meet the star of Hospitality!

...introducing your half-time hospitality Hot Choc & Donut hostess... hmm mouthwatering! (will also jump up & emerge from a huge Missisippi Mud Pie as a special City-Gents treat & may double as man of the match)

(OK that settles it - see ya all in KFC then! :) )

Probably the same "Sian" posting on thisisbristol.

I'm guessing fat, ginger, Public sector.

http://www.blogger.c...124816056940605

Is this her? Not as minging as I thought, but still not going to win any beauty pageants. Lists Finding Nemo as one of her favourite films. Just wrong.

I think I randomly bumped into Sian a couple of months ago just after all the fuss about Dita von Teese. I'd never met her before - we were sat outside a pub with different mates and somehow the conversation came up and we had a full and frank discussion about it (in fact my mates tell me I pissed on their girls' night out).

I'm not an expert on equalities legislation, but even if she is right then it just means it's silly legislation - is a football club breaching equalities law by not seeking female footballers? I also often wonder how many of these people are armchair objectors, signing up to petition after petition about hooters and burlesque, but not doing too much to stop, for example, female genital mutilation or honour killings or the scandalous underachievement of boys in the school system or coming up with new approaches to the child benefit system (which was set up to put money in the hands of women), or raising money and helping out at shelters for battered women (or battered men).

Now, my point is that I appreciate that putting yourself out in public opens you to some element of abuse (and I'm using my own name here so have to be careful). Sian came across to me as intelligent and quite respectful of my views. So without meaning to sound like I lack a sense of humour, I think she takes quite a sensible and mature approach to the debate and the question of how mainstream you make the sexualisation of people is an important debate we need in society.

It therefore doesn't quite feel right to take the piss out of her personally. Attack the poster, not the post etc. Unless it's Simon Rayner, obviously.

Been to Hooters in the States and in Berlin, both had families and couples in there. Yes the girls are cute and do little dances but how is it any different to having cheerleaders at a game? It's a sports-themed bar and anybody who likes a cold beer and chicken wings would do well in there. What I don't understand is, why are these people kicking up a fuss about Hooters, and not the strip clubs that are around the Hippodrome?!

I think I randomly bumped into Sian a couple of months ago just after all the fuss about Dita von Teese. I'd never met her before - we were sat outside a pub with different mates and somehow the conversation came up and we had a full and frank discussion about it (in fact my mates tell me I pissed on their girls' night out).

I'm not an expert on equalities legislation, but even if she is right then it just means it's silly legislation - is a football club breaching equalities law by not seeking female footballers? I also often wonder how many of these people are armchair objectors, signing up to petition after petition about hooters and burlesque, but not doing too much to stop, for example, female genital mutilation or honour killings or the scandalous underachievement of boys in the school system or coming up with new approaches to the child benefit system (which was set up to put money in the hands of women), or raising money and helping out at shelters for battered women (or battered men).

Now, my point is that I appreciate that putting yourself out in public opens you to some element of abuse (and I'm using my own name here so have to be careful). Sian came across to me as intelligent and quite respectful of my views. So without meaning to sound like I lack a sense of humour, I think she takes quite a sensible and mature approach to the debate and the question of how mainstream you make the sexualisation of people is an important debate we need in society.

It therefore doesn't quite feel right to take the piss out of her personally. Attack the poster, not the post etc. Unless it's Simon Rayner, obviously.

Dastardly recently replied to one of my posts "this is far too serious for this forum" I think he meant it as a compliment. !

This is also serious and your points are very well made.

Archived