IGNORED

From What I Saw Today...

BCFC Jordan

I think Ribeiro would be a much better choice at RB than Nicky Hunt. I know Hunt may not be fit or is carrying an injury but I really feel that Ribeiro will develop into one of the best defenders in the Championship. As I've mentioned in another thread Akinde, Sproule, Adomah and LJ were impressive today. McCallister and Hunt were poor and JCR was not his usual lively self. Imo Stewart and Fontaine weren't as bad as some people were making out and they actually played ok.

Anyway who do you all feel is the better choice. Hunt or Ribeiro?

I think Ribeiro would be a much better choice at RB than Nicky Hunt. I know Hunt may not be fit or is carrying an injury but I really feel that Ribeiro will develop into one of the best defenders in the Championship. As I've mentioned in another thread Akinde, Sproule, Adomah and LJ were impressive today. McCallister and Hunt were poor and JCR was not his usual lively self. Imo Stewart and Fontaine weren't as bad as some people were making out and they actually played ok.

Anyway who do you all feel is the better choice. Hunt or Ribeiro?

Hunt can't be 100% fit..................can he?!

Maybe Bradley was better than we all thought?

From what I saw today, the two things we were lacking for at least the first half were organisation and leadership. I'm worried about the relationship between James, Stewart and Fontaine. I don't think Skuse should be captain and I'm not even convinced he's good enough to start. On today's showing Lee Johnson would (and will presumably) start ahead of him.

I wish Skuse well and I think he's is a decent player, but I wonder if today's injury, from a team perspective, may be a blessing in disguise.

I thought Ribeiro was a natural RB?

Ribeiro can play in several defensive positions.

He was our outstanding performer in a back 3 in Millen's run of games last season, frequently rescuing Carey and making up for his Captain's comparative slothfulness.

Strongest defensive player going forward by far as well - both carrying the ball out of defence from the middle or as a marauding wing back.

Ribeiro looks quite capable of ousting any one of today's back 4, plus Carey, and will no doubt find a permanent niche in the team when he is fit.

The inclusion by KM of Ribeiro in his first selection shows how highly rated he is by the new manager and he quickly showed the fans he is capable of being a class above the rest when fully fit.

Archived