IGNORED

Missing Bradley

Redland

I have posted on several occasions what a big difference Bradley Orr makes to our defence. Not only is he an excellent defensive full back he is a leader who organises those around him. I have noticed on many occasions our results were much poorer when Bradley was not in the side. He was a captain in nature if not in name.

Now Bradley has gone I hope the people who posted on this forum criticising his distribution now realise what we have lost. The fact that Hartley has left and Carey has been injured has not helped, since they are also experienced players around which the team was built last year. To cap it all I see Bradley scored his first goal for QPR today.

As the saying goes you don't know what you've got 'till it's gone.

I have posted on several occasions what a big difference Bradley Orr makes to our defence. Not only is he an excellent defensive full back he is a leader who organises those around him. I have noticed on many occasions our results were much poorer when Bradley was not in the side. He was a captain in nature if not in name.

Now Bradley has gone I hope the people who posted on this forum criticising his distribution now realise what we have lost. The fact that Hartley has left and Carey has been injured has not helped, since they are also experienced players around which the team was built last year. To cap it all I see Bradley scored his first goal for QPR today.

Totally agree 100%. Gutted he left.

I have to agree, thought Hunt was going to be great when he first joined due to the fact that he has premierhip experience with Bolton. But unfortunetly he is terrible and 100x worse than Orr!

I have to agree, thought Hunt was going to be great when he first joined due to the fact that he has premierhip experience with Bolton. But unfortunetly he is terrible and 100x worse than Orr!

Couldn't disagree with you more. Orr was a decent player, Hunt IMO is better, i still don't think he's 100% fit

All my old muckers would be worried about my "well being" if I didnt put a small contribution on this thread???

Well as not to disappoint.......................

Nicky Hunt should be done under the Trades Description Act, 1995. Full back my posterior!!! (Was going to use a phrase often used by Jim Royle but Dolly might be reading!!!)

I REALLY REST MY CASE

Bradders gone but NEVER forgotten, especially when we defend like the Chuckle Brothers on LSD!!!!

All my old muckers would be worried about my "well being" if I didnt put a small contribution on this thread???

Well as not to disappoint.......................

Nicky Hunt should be done under the Trades Description Act, 1995. Full back my posterior!!! (Was going to use a phrase often used by Jim Royle but Dolly might be reading!!!)

I REALLY REST MY CASE

Bradders gone but NEVER forgotten, especially when we defend like the Chuckle Brothers on LSD!!!!

and of course we defended so well last season, with Orr in the team.

Yes, certainly a lot better than this season. We have conceded three goals in three of the four games we have played.

I must agree we have missed Bradley, BUT remember HE was the one who wanted to leave.

I hope i am right to say their is a lot more to come from this team, today we looked like a collection of players

who have never played together.

Lets keep hoping things will soon come together. :innocent06: :innocent06:

Both fullbacks were at fault for two of their goals today.

Hunt does not look like a defender with prem experience Bolton fans were over the moon to have been rid of him and up to now i can see their point, Would say Orr is a better defender

As for Macca he is well and truely finished, he has a fairly good cross on him but is a liabilty at the back There winger made him look a fool today and done him for their second goal

I must agree we have missed Bradley, BUT remember HE was the one who wanted to leave.

He still had a year left on his contract. We sold him because we were worried he could leave for nothing when his contract expired next year.

If we had kept Bradley I am sure he would have given 100% for the club this season.

and of course we defended so well last season, with Orr in the team.

dont think we can lay blame on orr for last season. he was always a beast of a defender.

a dodgy keeper & left back was the reasons we struggled defensively last season.

Ribs will sort out the mess that is right back. Orr would have lost his place to Ribs so it made sense to cash in while we could. Its just a shame that Hunt is so poor and Ribs is still a couple of weeks away from playing.

Not that I will lower the tone of this thread but do you HONESTLY HAND ON HEART think that we defended better today than last season.............................................

disapointed2se.gif

Surely that is not the point, Orr was one of 4/6 players in our defence for 2 seasons who shipped in loads of goals. This season so far 50% of the defence is new.

I can't not make a comment or two here as due to road closures it took me till 19:00 to get home and I listened to callers on radio Bristol during that time.

1. I am amazed that Sproule was voted man of the match today by those in attendance? (see 4).

2. Some A.. hole praised Johnson's contribution when he came on, gave away ball that led to third goal?

3. Hunt was very poor today but McAllister was far worse. As I have stated before McAllister is the weak link, slow - first goal, poor positioning throughout game, perhaps one good cross! Hunt appears lazy, unfit and blamed the fans at half time for not encouraging the team, what did he do that deserved encouragement? I liked this guy against Millwall/Southend!!!!!!

4. No mention, sorry perhaps one on radio, of Hunt's and Sproule's total disregard of David James's cry for quick decisive movement down the right wing after his collection of the ball in first and second halves. James is gonna get pissed off with the sort of crap he got from these two today. He also knows that the high punt from goalkeeper to front men is not working, we can play football, lets keep it on the ground.

5. No way was Orr any better than Hunt but we have young players who could have learnt from the mistakes made by McAllister today and began to have become decent defenders for the club through the learning curve and the result would have been the same. McAllister won't learn, HE IS TOO SLOW! Get the youngsters in!

6. At this club we pride ourselves on commitment and doing a job for the club, see inside back page of programme - Cheeseley. This was not done by Hunt or Sproule today. You need to look at Elliot/Clarkson, not at their best but they did a job.

7. Akinde was given perhaps 20 minutes today and some a..ehole on radio Bristol stated that he was not going to do the job required - nor did Maynard in his first full season, this guy has been given minutes only. He needs to get tough, he needs to make an impact through his size and strength he began today! NOW GIVE HIM SOME TIME.

WAS I AT A DIFFERENT GAME TODAY OR WHAT!

Ribs will sort out the mess that is right back. Orr would have lost his place to Ribs so it made sense to cash in while we could. Its just a shame that Hunt is so poor and Ribs is still a couple of weeks away from playing.

Took the words out of my mouth. Really looking forward to Ribs being back, think he has a massive future. Looks calm, composed and can actually pass the bloody thing!

I can't not make a comment or two here as due to road closures it took me till 19:00 to get home and I listened to callers on radio Bristol during that time.

1. I am amazed that Sproule was voted man of the match today by those in attendance? (see 4).

I don't think he was our best player, but he did do pretty well. 3 or 4 very good crosses and beat his man everytime. Didn't quite pick the right ball at the end, but did well. Adomah was MoM for me.

2. Some A.. hole praised Johnson's contribution when he came on, gave away ball that led to third goal?

Johnson was very good and got Sproule in a number of times. His heading and on the ball possession is suspect, but for a little bloke he does fly into challenges

3. Hunt was very poor today but McAllister was far worse. As I have stated before McAllister is the weak link, slow - first goal, poor positioning throughout game, perhaps one good cross! Hunt appears lazy, unfit and blamed the fans at half time for not encouraging the team, what did he do that deserved encouragement? I liked this guy against Millwall/Southend!!!!!!

4. No mention, sorry perhaps one on radio, of Hunt's and Sproule's total disregard of David James's cry for quick decisive movement down the right wing after his collection of the ball in first and second halves. James is gonna get pissed off with the sort of crap he got from these two today. He also knows that the high punt from goalkeeper to front men is not working, we can play football, lets keep it on the ground.

5. No way was Orr any better than Hunt but we have young players who could have learnt from the mistakes made by McAllister today and began to have become decent defenders for the club through the learning curve and the result would have been the same. McAllister won't learn, HE IS TOO SLOW! Get the youngsters in!

Orr and Hunt to me are too similar. Strong in the tackle, decent in the air, can't attack or pass to save their life

6. At this club we pride ourselves on commitment and doing a job for the club, see inside back page of programme - Cheeseley. This was not done by Hunt or Sproule today. You need to look at Elliot/Clarkson, not at their best but they did a job.

I'm the first to criticise Clarkson, but today he did well.

7. Akinde was given perhaps 20 minutes today and some a..ehole on radio Bristol stated that he was not going to do the job required - nor did Maynard in his first full season, this guy has been given minutes only. He needs to get tough, he needs to make an impact through his size and strength he began today! NOW GIVE HIM SOME TIME.

Akinde has been good the last two games. Good enough for a start anyway.

I wondered what was going on there too really, why they just seemingly ignored his plans for quick breaks forward.

Totaly agree Hunt looked unfit can wait for Ribs to be available

Though Hunt was undoubtedly not up to scratch today, seeing what he has done in the past (and bearing in mind he is unfit and playing with new players) I'm sure he will come good. Problem is he has/had no cover in front of him and Spencer charging out like a headless chicken (look at Spencer out of position in the build up to there pen).

I think its to early to pass judgement on Hunt, personally I believe he has show signs that he is a quality player. But it is at a defensive unit where we are lacking, all four at back seamed unsure where each other was and this caused most of our problems.

IMO 4 games in not enough time to decide on him or any of the new signings, of course we are going to miss Orr he had been an integral part of our team for 6 years and had great understanding with other players. Give hunt time to build up his understanding and honesty think he can be a key player for us.

..... are lacking a leader so will be interesting to see how everyone performs once Carey is back

WAS I AT A DIFFERENT GAME TODAY OR WHAT!

If you don't think Sproule put in a shift today then you were definitely at a different game. Agree about Hunt though - a full back who doesn't want to tackle or bring the ball out from the back - unbelievable! If this guy got 100 games in the Prem, I reckon I could have played 25...

If you don't think Sproule put in a shift today then you were definitely at a different game. Agree about Hunt though - a full back who doesn't want to tackle or bring the ball out from the back - unbelievable! If this guy got 100 games in the Prem, I reckon I could have played 25...

Make that 26 for me and im 53!!!

All this rubbish about he's not fit - well if he's not fit just WHY is he playing FFS???

bruce_h4h.gif

Make that 26 for me and im 53!!!

All this rubbish about he's not fit - well if he's not fit just WHY is he playing FFS???

bruce_h4h.gif

Well who would you play at Right back then einstein ?

Carey, Ribs, and Willson are all injured and are all more than capable of playing right back, but Hunt is the fittest of the 4 plausable options we have in that position, so he's playing, despite being nowhere near fully fit.

Archived