IGNORED

Subs Warming Up/poor Offside Calls

nacho libre

In the millwall game I noticed the subs warming up towards the Atteyo and assumed this was to avoid aggro. however yesterday they did the same.

The rules are that the subs should be warming up BEHIND the linesman so they are not going to add confusion.

I am not sure if this contributed to Ivans goal being ruled out and also 2 other decisions that were very bad by the linesman in front of the Dolman.

Does anyone know why they have changed?

In the millwall game I noticed the subs warming up towards the Atteyo and assumed this was to avoid aggro. however yesterday they did the same.

The rules are that the subs should be warming up BEHIND the linesman so they are not going to add confusion.

I am not sure if this contributed to Ivans goal being ruled out and also 2 other decisions that were very bad by the linesman in front of the Dolman.

Does anyone know why they have changed?

I have noticed exactly the same but also cannot shed any light on why the change this season??? To be quite honest I sit in the second row of the Williams towards the Atyeo and the subs warming up are an absolute pain in the arse!!! Sorry im being selfish as I know that they have to warm up somewhere?

I thought that they warmed in the opposite half to the linesman on their side.. which happens to at present be right in front of me.

Also whilst on this.Barnsley number 5 (Doyle!!) went to give the ball to our ball boy then dropped it and laughed right in front of about 10/20kids .. Great example to set I thought...

I totally agree with every said above however i get what nacho libre is saying. I know yesterday it was sproule of side which i can understand however with the subs warming up directly opposite the linesman there is a chance in the future if things stay this way that the linesman could misjudge one of our subs as an onfield player causing an off-side decision.

I totally agree with every said above however i get what nacho libre is saying. I know yesterday it was sproule of side which i can understand however with the subs warming up directly opposite the linesman there is a chance in the future if things stay this way that the linesman could misjudge one of our subs as an onfield player causing an off-side decision.

Despite the ultra bright fluorescent jackets that they wear! I will be on the look out for a steward being ruled offside next game!! Even I don't think the linesmen we have could be that useless!!!!

Despite the ultra bright fluorescent jackets that they wear! I will be on the look out for a steward being ruled offside next game!! Even I don't think the linesmen we have could be that useless!!!!

Solo Red they wear a bib not a jacket and they are not that visible. The point is that i am sure that it is a rule that the subs must not warm up across from linesman and must be on the side behind. For the same reason the ball boys and stewards sit down in the Williams

Solo Red they wear a bib not a jacket and they are not that visible. The point is that i am sure that it is a rule that the subs must not warm up across from linesman and must be on the side behind. For the same reason the ball boys and stewards sit down in the Williams

Got a friend who referees and says that this season they've been told that subs have to warm up opposite linesman and not behind so that they don't get in the way and don't give as much abuse. I hadn't noticed anything different but this seems to tie in with the above.

Ivan's goal was yards offside! I cant believe people were questioning the decision!

Looking at the extended highlights on Player, I would say he was on-side. I sit in the Dolman and was level with the pass, I thought it was OK then too.

The reason Ivan's goal was disallowed was he was offside. Thought the linesman had a good game- you only had to watch how many times our players were slowly getting back from an offside position when the ball was played to understand why we were constantly offside.

Can't agree with that - the guy made 3 mistakes where our guy had more than one Barnsley player between him and the goalkeeper. Very poor performance. The Ivan 'goal' was tight but the other ones weren't even close.

In fairness, one of the funniest things i've seen at a football match would have to be going back several years ago now, we were playing away at Soke, im sure it was.

Thier Mascot, who was wearing a Stoke shirt was confusing the linesman who then had him ordered away from the touchline. The fact that he was a 9ft tall, PURPLE (i think) HIPPO obviously wasn't enough of a clue that he wasn't actualy going to be involved with play!

:doh:

New Football League ruling for this season;

'subs must warm up at other end of the pitch from the assistant referee'

so sorry to all those near the front of the Wiiliams at the Ateyo end.

Well, at least it gives em something else to moan about!

Archived