IGNORED

Prefered Starting Xi If Stead And Pittman Are Signed?

BcfcAllen

I know there are already posts about teams etc however i just wondered what peoples views would be on team selection if stead and pittman were to sign. My prefered starting eleven would be...

---------------------------JAMES----------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------

HUNT-------CAREY------STEWART------FONTS

SPROULE---ELLIOT----WILLIAMS---ADOMAH

-------------------STEAD--------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------PITTMAN------------------------

SUBS: GERKEN, RIBS, WILLIAMS, JOHNSON, (1 OF IRISH PAIR?) ,JACKSON, AKINDE

Obviously with Maynard, Haynes, Cisse and Skuse (Any news on him?)being in there if they were fit.

This is probally the best i could think of with who we have available. What would be your prefered starting XI for next saturday? and also What would be your prefered starting XI be if everyone was fit?

You'd leave maynard out?

Right...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

SPROULE---ELLIOT---SKUSE--------HAYNES

-------------------------MAYNARD------------------------

Pittman sub on on 65 mins..

:)

You'd leave maynard out?

Right...

SPROULE---ELLIOT---SKUSE--------HAYNES

Pittman sub on on 65 mins..

:)

No the team i done was without the injurd players. It was my starting team for this saturday.

Very tough question. If we're talking about the best team with our current injury problems, then probably as stated below. It's obviously tough to drop Clarkson after his moment of magic for the second but his all round game is just not good enough, and I'd like to see Akinde a bit more. Again it will depend on who we're playing, and whether home and away, the latter of which will most certainly affect the formation, and next week could be a more disciplined line-up as we have a tough trip to Ipswich to contend with.

---------------------------James----------------------------

Anyone but Hunt------Carey------Stewart------Fontaine

Sproule-----------Elliot---Skuse--------Adomah

-------------------Pittman------Akinde--------------------------

P.S: Having those 2 at CB is clearly worrying, especially when you consider the lack of pace, but McCallister truly has made a terrible start to the season. I think Ribs at right-back is a must when fit as well, Hunt is a f ** king liability.

Edit: This is assuming Haynes is still injured.

I know there are already posts about teams etc however i just wondered what peoples views would be on team selection if stead and pittman were to sign. My prefered starting eleven would be...

HUNT-------FONTS------STEWART------RIBEIRO

--------------------------ELLIOTT------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------

SPROULE---------SKUSE------------------ADOMAH

------------STEAD------------PITTMAN---------------

SPROULE---ELLIOT----CISSE---ADOMAH

A capable back four on paper, albeit not on the field (yet!)

Elliot and Cisse two strong tackling middle men who can reassure the defence.

Sproule and adomah two very pacey wingers who can rip defencesto shreds on their day.

Stead target man naturally can hold the ball up well and bring others into play.

Maynard who can feed nicely of stead and perhaps form a lethal partnership.

On our day this team could be deadly, nice depth aswell with some good players on the bench, likes of haynes, JCR, LJ, Williams, etc etc

What is the big deal with danny haynes?? yes he has the pace but not alot else. Yes he does track back sometimes but he cant cross and his shooting his awful, to me i wouldnt be sad if he left.

Haynes is a good player but personally i feel he only performs on the big occasions e.g the west brom game shown on bbc. Adomah would be my prefered choice to start on the left with haynes maybe being used as an extra sub who could come on in either of the wings or up front if needed.

SPROULE---ELLIOT----CISSE---ADOMAH

A capable back four on paper, albeit not on the field (yet!)

Elliot and Cisse two strong tackling middle men who can reassure the defence.

Sproule and adomah two very pacey wingers who can rip defencesto shreds on their day.

Stead target man naturally can hold the ball up well and bring others into play.

Maynard who can feed nicely of stead and perhaps form a lethal partnership.

On our day this team could be deadly, nice depth aswell with some good players on the bench, likes of haynes, JCR, LJ, Williams, etc etc

Sorry but are you saying if we had a fully fit squad you would start Stead aboove Haynes?! Maynard's game would suffer significantly if this was the case.

Sorry but are you saying if we had a fully fit squad you would start Stead aboove Haynes?! Maynard's game would suffer significantly if this was the case.

I feel maynard and haynes are too similar, I think maynard would do well to feed of a big striker like stead (like big chris last season) haynes on his day is a great player who can bamboozle his marker, but his end product is debatable.

James

Hunt, Carey, Stewart, McAllister

Sproule, Skuse, Elliott, Adomah

Pitman, Clarkson

You would seriously start with Macca at LB. And also skuse will be out for some time so if this is your team you'd start if all is fit, wheres maynard?

I feel maynard and haynes are too similar, I think maynard would do well to feed of a big striker like stead (like big chris last season) haynes on his day is a great player who can bamboozle his marker, but his end product is debatable.

I agree. If going by yesterday, none of the full back are going to want the ball rolled out, then were gunna have to keep going long so i would prefer a big target man like stead over haynes. We have plenty of pace via the wide men. A target man would be more beneficial!

Has everyone forgot that Maynard does not feed off of a target man or 'big striker' particularly well? Maynard, contrary to what many people think, is not a fast player. He is an intelligent player who has fantastic finishing ability, and when found in space can be lethal. When played with Haynes, Haynes draws defenders away from Maynard, and his lightnening pace means that people have to track him. This of course free's up space for Maynard, and when he gets the ball in a decent amount of space, expect a very good goal-bound effort. I just feel wth a big-man it'll be easier to mark Maynard, and he will therefore not excel as well as he did alongside a lightening quick striker such as Haynes. Out of interest, what aspects of Maynard and Haynes's game do you believe are similar?

Has everyone forgot that Maynard does not feed off of a target man or 'big striker' particularly well? Maynard, contrary to what many people think, is not a fast player. He is an intelligent player who has fantastic finishing ability, and when found in space can be lethal. When played with Haynes, Haynes draws defenders away from Maynard, and his lightnening pace means that people have to track him. This of course free's up space for Maynard, and when he gets the ball in a decent amount of space, expect a very good goal-bound effort. I just feel wth a big-man it'll be easier to mark Maynard, and he will therefore not excel as well as he did alongside a lightening quick striker such as Haynes. Out of interest, what aspects of Maynard and Haynes's game do you believe are similar?

Yh i understand what your saying but i feel that it looks like sproule will be featuring alot more than last season meaning the opposition would need to double up on him at times which would leave the space for maynard.

I though Maynard and Iwelumo looked promising not enough time too fully gell though, Maynard is not a fast player? are you joking he is not up there with your sproule's or haynes's but he is certainly not a slow player, as for similarities they are both similar heights, both got pace (contrary to your opinion)... Sure Haynes is a good option, but not as a striker, his finishing is lacklustre to say the least, now stead has a good eye for goal himself and would be great foil for Maynard, and can bring others into play, he's proven at this level and would like to think it could be the start of the a good partnership, of course I could be wrong and it may well not work and you could be correct, but haynes seems to more suited out right where he can run at the fullback.

I would say that is largely because he has not had much of a chance to do so on a consistent basis.

based on current injuries and if we sign both strikers for Ipswich

James

Ribs Stewart Fonts Edwards

Sproule Elliot Johnson Adomoah

Stead Clarkson

Only seen Edwards a few times but I think could be good much rather give youth a chance than play with what we already know won't work. Johnson starting I assume skuse will be out and haven't seen Cisse play before. Wouldn't start Pittman no point putting so much pressure on him just because Adomoah lets not assume he'll adjust as quick. I think if let clarkson play then always dig deep for the ball will score some poacher goals.

based on current injuries and if we sign both strikers for Ipswich

James

Ribs Stewart Fonts Edwards

Sproule Elliot Johnson Adomoah

Stead Clarkson

Only seen Edwards a few times but I think could be good much rather give youth a chance than play with what we already know won't work. Johnson starting I assume skuse will be out and haven't seen Cisse play before. Wouldn't start Pittman no point putting so much pressure on him just because Adomoah lets not assume he'll adjust as quick. I think if let clarkson play then always dig deep for the ball will score some poacher goals.

Both strikers from Ipswich? Pittman is from Bournemouth

I agree, Maynard did not play well off Adebola and was much better alongside Haynes for exactly the reason you give - Haynes stretches the defence and creates a lot of space.

I'm not sure what Pitman's like, he would seem to be more a poacher in the box than a runner.

If Stead can play the channels, hold it up and slip through balls - all stuff Adebola couldn't really do - then he may make a better partner for either. We won't know until we see him though.

I think unless we move a player or two on now and in January we will find ourselves overstaffed up front.

Yh i understand what your saying but i feel that it looks like sproule will be featuring alot more than last season meaning the opposition would need to double up on him at times which would leave the space for maynard.

Yeah but Sproule will be out wide so he'll be marked by a full-back, not a centre-back, therefore it's not the same as it won't be creating space in the middle for Maynard.

I though Maynard and Iwelumo looked promising not enough time too fully gell though, Maynard is not a fast player? are you joking he is not up there with your sproule's or haynes's but he is certainly not a slow player, as for similarities they are both similar heights, both got pace (contrary to your opinion)... Sure Haynes is a good option, but not as a striker, his finishing is lacklustre to say the least, now stead has a good eye for goal himself and would be great foil for Maynard, and can bring others into play, he's proven at this level and would like to think it could be the start of the a good partnership, of course I could be wrong and it may well not work and you could be correct, but haynes seems to more suited out right where he can run at the fullback.

He didn't score in the 7 games Iwelumo was here, so I wouldn't say they had the making for a good partnership. As for your thinking Maynard's a fast player, he really isn't. Think, when does he run in on goal, when does he get in behind defenders? He is not a fast forward, yet many seem to think he is, which is really puzzling.

I would say that is largely because he has not had much of a chance to do so on a consistent basis.

He played an entire season with Adebola!

1st choice

James

Ribeiro Carey Stewart Fontaine

Adomah Elliot Skuse JCR

Stead Maynard

Saturday assuming Skuse is out and taking into account Sproule played well yesterday

James

Hunt Carey Stewart Fontaine

Sproule Elliot Johnson Adomah

Stead Pittman

Archived