IGNORED

Getting Racists Out Of Our Club!

Luke_Ciderhead

I suppose the song sang by City fans about Aberfan (sp) is just banter then?

not to mention Bert Tann (did he ever go to Vietnam btw?)

I think theres degrees in everything, on one hand theres far too much nasty horrible stuff out there that goes way past any line of acceptability (as in this thread).

I gotta say though theres also a lot of good natured (mutual banter) that can be very amusing at times too (sadly all to often the PC brigade get overly sensitive & start complaining on behalf of people who dont need their patronising intervention) about the friendly stuff too..

People who recognise the difference between humour & racism whatever their colour. Often there is no complaints from the so called 'offended' ones themselves (just from PC brigade do gooders) its a two way street where no offence is meant or taken, its not always racist just because of differing skin tones or cultures.

Racism? -it aint always necessarily so.. the offence is often caused by the do-goody PC brigade who have cornered a nice little employment niche for themselves (nobody dares challenge them for fear of the inevitable charge of racist being levelled against them).

Theres good and bad in all sections of society - thankfully most of us (whatever our colour/background) know & can recognise the good/bad/ugly for ourselves -thanks to a human trait called 'common sense'.

(Good Bad & Ugly - all three very apt descriptiions to be found within the PC industry it aint always black 'n white)

Bring back good old common sense & decency!

Anyway, hope the loadmouth bigot from the Dolman is located & gets what he deserves.

Not good at all however i have an open mind about the ''N'' word as it is in this day and age very much used in r&b / hip hop music as a greeting and they have turned the word around to suite them and make financial gain from using it in lyrics, ok it's how you use the word in context but as i said it is a very confusing word for us white folk when it's used very much in music.

Well I didnt mean to start all this!

People have mentioned the whole Welsh thing, and personally I dont see it as racism.

Wales is a simply a region of the UK which carries certain sterotypes. You've got the Scousers and their stealing of car radios, the "cor blimey guv" culture at West Ham, the "come home from the pit, walk the whippet and beat the wife" stereotype of the north.. and of course, we are the butt of plenty of jokes as well. How many of you get offended when opposition fans sing songs at us about combine harvesters and interbreeding??

Offensive terms targeting those of a different colour is on another level entirely. Its a throwback to a time when racism was institutionlised in our society, and its a very real living memory to a lot of people old enough to remember.

OK, well I wasnt going to go into detail but if you want it clarified, the bloke commented after Akindes one on one miss that black players have no brains and that there should be more white players in our team.

He also used the word "chimp" and "n****r" on a couple of occasions.

Would everybody agree that this is blatant racism as opposed to me being oversensitive and politically correct???

That's f ** king disgusting.

Another thing i would like to point out also is there is a banner knocking about, ive seen on someones avater here, its a pick of Jesus Christ dying on a cross wearing a football shirt which looks rather like a City top.

Iam a christian and find it 100% offensive to my religion but noone gets rid of it

Now then lets look at the picture in another way shall we, If i had a avatar with Alah drinking beer and eating fish n chips would i be asked to remove it?

I doubt it. Give it a bash, if you can find one that is.

excuse My ignorance, But i've got no clue as to the song you refer to...

Although this sounds like it could be a good thing....

Google time.

Do you know what happened at Aberfan ?

Don't know the song but it has to be a pretty sick mind that would sing about Aberfan.

Do you know what happened at Aberfan ?

Don't know the song but it has to be a pretty sick mind that would sing about Aberfan.

Mining tragedy I beleive, I agree, there are some things fans should always keep clear of, It's like someone singing about Hilsborough.

Jordan, no, just don't go there.

Aberfan was a tragedy and i'd hate for any song to be sung about it. :disapointed2se:

Me too Dolly, before googling I must admit that I hadn't heard of that tragedy/couldn't recall the name of it.

let's not go there anymore, it's not something that should really be discussed in the context it has been in this thread.

We had a problem with a little bunch of racist/ASBO types at the front of B block of the Dolman a couple of years ago. The main culprit was also a shaven head bloke in his 40s with tattoos (funny that?), there had ben some problems with aggressive and threatening behaviour so I think they were well known by the stewards, but the final straw was when he started giving referee Gurmit Singh a barrage of racial abuse.

A few of us reported it to Mike Pratt who was the Safety Officer at the time (I think he still is but stand to be corrected) who obviously sorted them out and they haven't been seen since, and they were season ticket holders so easy to identify.

I was very impressed with the way the club dealt with this TBH.

Jordan, no, just don't go there.

Aberfan was a tragedy and i'd hate for any song to be sung about it. :disapointed2se

It was a terrible tragedy,i think it was the late 60's.

Unfortunately sick people did make up songs about it when City played

Cardiff in the 60's,70's and since.

Making up songs about children dying under a collapsed slag heap,lowest of the low.

I had a season ticket in B block about 5 seasons ago. I sat next to guy of a similar description for a couple of games. I assumed he was a season ticket holder so asked to move seat because I couldn't put up with it for a whole season! I also complained to the club about the racism. I assume nothing was done about it or he has returned. Scum.

Another thing i would like to point out also is there is a banner knocking about, ive seen on someones avater here, its a pick of Jesus Christ dying on a cross wearing a football shirt which looks rather like a City top.

Iam a christian and find it 100% offensive to my religion but noone gets rid of it

Now then lets look at the picture in another way shall we, If i had a avatar with Alah drinking beer and eating fish n chips would i be asked to remove it?

I tried to put your test into practice :boxing:

You are not allowed to make a picture of Prophet Mohammed. Ever heard about the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten or the Swedish artist Lars Vilks? Their destiny is the same as Salman Rushdies.

Dan Ward is safety officer after Mike Pratt. I have to get in touch with them before I can put my flag up :)

They are both great guys.

. The main culprit was also a shaven head bloke in his 40s with tattoos (funny that?)

I'm a shaven head bloke in his 40s with tattoos......I'm no more racist than any of you lot . Unfortunately the hair loss gave me no other option, as for the tattoos....well...I had those when I had hair.

I guess I fall into that stereotypical look.

I am a Bristol City fan and I find it 100% offensive if I see a Cardiff City shirt in or around Bristol.

Maybe it is ok to ask them to change their top or just leave Bristol then...

What do you think?

Archived