IGNORED

The Mccalister Question?

Jordan Tansley

Some valid points have been made about the unity of the team that came up from L1 and nearly got promoted playing neat passing football - Macca was a part of that. I did note that, although he was an absolute peach of a signing and contributed to our finish that season, the signing of Adebola was were things started to go a bit pear shaped with the long balls from the back. Before that point all we tended to do was to play through the midfield and we become noted for our passing game.

More recently with JCR (a player with the ability to go past people at times plus decent cross on him) and his need to go searching in field for the ball has left Macca without cover and with less choice as an outlet. It begs the question why the centre midfielders or even Jamie's defensive colleagues dont offer an alternative choice in order to keep posession. Lack of confidence?

Liked the look of Sawyer, certainly a safer bet than Tom Williams!

I think JCR does offer something defensively, all things considered he played really quite well at left back when Milly took over at the end of the season...

Did he, I don't wanna get into the merits of Mccindoe particularly, I really didnt rate or like the guy, which clouds my judgement in situations where he gets mentioned. oh well.

I agree with the last point, he's made quite a few saving last ditch tackles, But in all facets of his game, when he has time to think everything goes to pot...

We need a new left back out of neccesity, Maccas age means he's got no time left really, the fact his performances show that too is irrespective unfortunately?

I agree we need a new left back, we needed one when Macca was in my opinion still delivering decent performances most weeks, as any player without competition will inevitably have a slip in standards. I was merely saying I think he's a better defender than some give him credit for, but of course his aimless punts up field are very frustrating, and that's something we can all agree on! Have you seen anything of Tom Williams btw? I know nothing of him and have no idea if he'd be good enough to play in this league, just that he did for QPR...

On your JCR point I must admit I disagree, as defensively he offers nothing in my opinion. I'm not his biggest fan anyway and although when he gets the ball down on the deck he can play a bit, he's far too predictable and his goal threat is non-existant. But that's another debate for another day!

Archived