IGNORED

A Bournemouth Fan's View On Bp

megansdad

Mate of mine is a Bournemouth fan and had this to say on BP - seems that our forward line will have plenty of goals in it when NM returns to fitness.........

Pros.

He came up through our youth ranks as has been absolutely prolific throughout. He had a bit of a poor start as a full time pro a couple of years back but once Eddie Howe took over he has been the star of our team.

He is a very good finisher. 28 goals last year is going some in any league. He got 3 against Peterborough last weekend.

He can, and does, score from all angles and got a few absolute beauties last year.

He's got absolute confidence in himself. He wants to take all free kicks and penalties and is not afraid to shoot. If he misses, he's not affected at all. He knows his job is to score and he doesn't shirk that.

His all round game has improved. He chases back more now and can, for an out and out striker, link up well with midfield and distributes well to wide men.

Cons

Is a bit of a sulker. Moans quite a lot even at his own players. That doesn't happen oiften but he behaves like a child from time to time. He can be dangerous when he is like that and get himself into trouble (bit Rooney like). If you want a player to wind up the opposition fans then is is superb at it. He's good at getting opposing players booked too. Overall is not that likeable and if he doesn't score, your fans may well turn against him.

He's not that quick and he's not that good in the air. He's not tricky. But you are buying a finisher mostly.

Overall.

I would say that, at 22, you are getting a good deal. Most Bmth fans wanted £1 million for him. He will score at league 1 and league 2 level, that is a guarantee. Hopefully he will do the same in the Championship. You just might need your manager to put his arm round him from time to time and be a bit patient. If that happens then he could get 30 goals for you. Then you can sell him for £3 million :)

Mate of mine is a Bournemouth fan and had this to say on BP - seems that our forward line will have plenty of goals in it when NM returns to fitness.........

Pros.

He came up through our youth ranks as has been absolutely prolific throughout. He had a bit of a poor start as a full time pro a couple of years back but once Eddie Howe took over he has been the star of our team.

He is a very good finisher. 28 goals last year is going some in any league. He got 3 against Peterborough last weekend.

He can, and does, score from all angles and got a few absolute beauties last year.

He's got absolute confidence in himself. He wants to take all free kicks and penalties and is not afraid to shoot. If he misses, he's not affected at all. He knows his job is to score and he doesn't shirk that.

His all round game has improved. He chases back more now and can, for an out and out striker, link up well with midfield and distributes well to wide men.

Cons

Is a bit of a sulker. Moans quite a lot even at his own players. That doesn't happen oiften but he behaves like a child from time to time. He can be dangerous when he is like that and get himself into trouble (bit Rooney like). If you want a player to wind up the opposition fans then is is superb at it. He's good at getting opposing players booked too. Overall is not that likeable and if he doesn't score, your fans may well turn against him.

He's not that quick and he's not that good in the air. He's not tricky. But you are buying a finisher mostly.

Overall.

I would say that, at 22, you are getting a good deal. Most Bmth fans wanted £1 million for him. He will score at league 1 and league 2 level, that is a guarantee. Hopefully he will do the same in the Championship. You just might need your manager to put his arm round him from time to time and be a bit patient. If that happens then he could get 30 goals for you. Then you can sell him for £3 million :)

Interesting. If he scores 30 goals and we wanted to sell him he would not be sold for 3 million, more like 7.

Lacks pace and no good in the air....... will we be playing NM and BP together???

Sounds as if NM and BP will be in competion to me with JS playing most weeks.

Not necessarily. Just because he's no good in the air doesn't mean he can't lead the line and hold the ball up. From what the OP say's, brett can score goals from all over and having 2 strikers on the pitch who can do that sounds good to me

Archived