IGNORED

Behind Closed Doors Friendly Today Versus Aldershot

100200300dear

just read it and says he was on the bench??

"Eddie Howe gave Josh Mcquoid a starting place, replacing Brett Pitman while on the bench"???

The full quote is -

"Eddie Howe gave Josh McQuoid a starting place, replacing Brett Pitman while on the bench, Dan Thomas was injured, so Danny Hollands and Joe Partington were brought in."

Basically, the previous match, Pitman started, McQuoid was on the bench. On saturday McQuoid started and had his place taken on the bench by one of the other lads, and Pitman wasn't in the 16.

Just back from Failand. Impressed with Cisse - he tackled and passed well and generally had a good all round game. Also Tom Williams impressed again. Did well for Akinde's goal. After picking up the ball well inside his own half he passed it ran full pelt into the opposition half, received the return pass took it to the line and put a pinpoint cross on Akinde's head for a great goal. Carey and Ribero played the full game and looked solid at the back.

Like the GCSE results, more pluses than minuses.

Just back from Failand. Impressed with Cisse - he tackled and passed well and generally had a good all round game. Also Tom Williams impressed again. Did well for Akinde's goal. After picking up the ball well inside his own half he passed it ran full pelt into the opposition half, received the return pass took it to the line and put a pinpoint cross on Akinde's head for a great goal. Carey and Ribero played the full game and looked solid at the back.

Like the GCSE results, more pluses than minuses.

GCSE's are a lot easier to pass than O Levels though... positive stuff nonetheless, hopefully they can do the same against much stiffer opposition.

I tried to write this earlier but work got in the way....

I think we should give Tom Williams a bit of a break, watching him pre-season against Yo-yo-yo Yeovil he was sheite! Looked like he was well out of shape (pot calling the kettle black) and was huffing and puffing up and down the line being very unhappy with himself....

Hopefully he can get himself into shape and he'll be a revelation!:englandsmile4wf:

Sounds like he's well on his way!

not really no.

there seems to be a few supporters there so if the doors was closed to the public then my question isn't so bad...

I think Yardy's original question is valid. The term "Closed Door" has historically been used for games that have to be played without supporters present because of some misdemeanour, such as recent crowd trouble.

In this case, the club was simply saying that the match was being played at Failand, no public facilities are available and tickets were not for sale.

So, to extend Yardy's question, what would have happened if you had turned up at Failand and asked to watch the game? I haven't spotted any 'doors' across the entrance.

I think Yardy's original question is valid. The term "Closed Door" has historically been used for games that have to be played without supporters present because of some misdemeanour, such as recent crowd trouble.

In this case, the club was simply saying that the match was being played at Failand, no public facilities are available and tickets were not for sale.

So, to extend Yardy's question, what would have happened if you had turned up at Failand and asked to watch the game? I haven't spotted any 'doors' across the entrance.

You would be politely told to bugger of as the game is being played behind closed doors, come on guys. :bruce_h4h:

what does behind close door friendly actually mean?

can anyone turn up to watch or you need to be a member?

I can confirm that there are security there, presumably to stop outsiders attending, but if you use your initiative and do a bit of homework, as I did, then you can watch everything at the training ground.:whistle2:

Thanks guys,its much better when people reply with helpfull information rather than trying to make people look stupid,pffft.

I wanted to know this because me and my dad went to see alot of reserve matches and after city pulled out of the reserve league it would be nice to see the odd game again during the week.

Archived