IGNORED

Mobile Fix In Place

DeadmanTF1

Mine just defaulted back to the regular website without me doing a thing.

Depends if you go to mobile.bcfc.co.uk or bcfc.co.uk - the first has a link to the later basically.

Never going to happen.. HTML5 is much more the way forward.. Youtube for example

HTML 5 is about two years away from candidacy and a decade from recommendation and mainstream browser support.

Flash has a far, far higher penetration and will do for a long time yet.

HTML 5 is about two years away from candidacy and a decade from recommendation and mainstream browser support.

Flash has a far, far higher penetration and will do for a long time yet.

Isn't it what both the BBC app & YT apps on the iphone use or is that just .mov files??

Isn't it what both the BBC app & YT apps on the iphone use or is that just .mov files??

I thought iPlayer was just flash, pretty sure both iPlayer and YT use RTSP for streaming which is an adobe spec. I think YT can do html 5 too but not many browsers can properly. The iPhone YT app apparently transcodes from RTSP to h.264?

In any case, the video part of html5 will be the first bit most browsers get consistent but the rest of the spec is a confused mess and it's led by Hixie who's a moron at the best of times. I would stick to 4.01 for at least the next five years if you want your site to be rendered right for most people which sadly makes flash the best bet for video.

Archived